SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
I can't seem to find the *Conversions* menu item? Is that missing?
You have to add it as a "Custom" menu item. See Settings>>SageMC>>Menu, and use one of the Custom menu items. For the screen, select "Video Conversions."

Enable the menu in the options menu on the main menu (options dialog, by pressing ESC).
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Ok, there might be a little misconception here... This is not something like a 'quick double-press' functionality (the Sage core does not support anything like this). Mapping a menu to pressing the 'Home' button twice means just that - you press 'Home' the first time to get to the Main menu, and you press 'Home' a second time to get to the menu you configured. It's just a convenient way to map one more menu without requiring another free button on the remote.

Do all of you with problems use the standard SageMC main menu ? I found that the new 'Home' listener has only been added to the dynamic main menu, which would explain that it's not working for the standard menu. This will be fixed in the next update.

If you are using dynamic menus, then maybe you are pressing the buttons too quick, so that the second 'Home' command gets executed before the Main menu is recognizing its commands.

Dirk
I am using the standard SageMC main menu. I'll wait for the next release.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 01-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Although swapping the template parameters does work, I'm still looking for a 'clean' solution . Could you try the new attached version ?

Dirk
Dirk, I tried the new fix version but still no map... As with Brewston, swapping the %M and %D around works though.

Thanks for your efforts on this, much apreciated

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk.

The Media Extender Conversion Quality appears to not be available within SageMC. Is this intended, or has it be located to another menu?

Normally, it's found in Settings..Detailed Setup..Advanced.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

The "Stopped" Bloodbath

I was playing around with some settings just now, and noticed that the bloodbath goes away when I was in Overlay mode, no 3D accel. When I returned to VMR9, 3D, FSE, the bloodbath was back. I can reproduce it every time going back and forth. So its something related to running VMR9, 3D, and FSE. Also, disabling FSE had no effect, so its actually something with VMR9 or 3D but since you have to run both or neither, I cant narrow it down any more.

Could it be related to certain DirectX distributions? I am using the December '06 distribution pack from MS. Jason, how about you?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I was playing around with some settings just now, and noticed that the bloodbath goes away when I was in Overlay mode, no 3D accel. When I returned to VMR9, 3D, FSE, the bloodbath was back. I can reproduce it every time going back and forth. So its something related to running VMR9, 3D, and FSE. Also, disabling FSE had no effect, so its actually something with VMR9 or 3D but since you have to run both or neither, I cant narrow it down any more.

Could it be related to certain DirectX distributions? I am using the December '06 distribution pack from MS. Jason, how about you?
Hi Kirby,

Good timing. I just played with this yesterday and found that it only occurs when 3D Accelleration is enabled. VMR9/Overlay have no effect. I e-mailed Dirk about it last night. It's good to know that it is now verified.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, same here. I'm not using FSE, but noticed it made no difference. That should be a fun one to figure out!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Dirk,

I have a couple of questions that you might answer.

1) I can't seem to see the previews for themes that are past the six that we start with, unless they are selected as the current theme. I have checked the graphic files and they seem consistant. Everything else works fine with switching themes (once I unscrambled the mess I had created!).

2) I have been unable to add additional weather maps. I have edited the properties file to add more but the number on the left side selection menu seems to not expand. Is there a trick for this or a property that I haven't found or is the number of maps locked at 7?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this and especially for your responsiveness, it allows Sage to do what each of us want.

Best regards,

Lynn
Old 01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Perhaps I'm having an off-day, but I can't find a way to switch a 'HD' icon on for Hi-Def recordings, in the 'Recorded TV' and 'My TV' screens. Is this possible right now, or can it be added to a wish-list?

I'm running the latest version of Sage and SageMC.

Andy.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Hi Dirk,

1) I can't seem to see the previews for themes that are past the six that we start with, unless they are selected as the current theme. I have checked the graphic files and they seem consistant. Everything else works fine with switching themes (once I unscrambled the mess I had created!).

2) I have been unable to add additional weather maps. I have edited the properties file to add more but the number on the left side selection menu seems to not expand. Is there a trick for this or a property that I haven't found or is the number of maps locked at 7?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this and especially for your responsiveness, it allows Sage to do what each of us want.

Best regards,

Lynn
1. Probably due to there not being a preview.jpg file for that particular theme.

2. I believe they are locked at 7. I remember previously, that the left hand menu is locked at having only 7 menu items.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Perhaps I'm having an off-day, but I can't find a way to switch a 'HD' icon on for Hi-Def recordings, in the 'Recorded TV' and 'My TV' screens. Is this possible right now, or can it be added to a wish-list?

I'm running the latest version of Sage and SageMC.

Andy.
Nope, your day is spot on. It only shows up when you go into that particular show, or if you have more than one recording of that show, if you go into the listing of all the episodes.

There is currently not a way to turn it on for the My TV menu...etc.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
1. Probably due to there not being a preview.jpg file for that particular theme.

2. I believe they are locked at 7. I remember previously, that the left hand menu is locked at having only 7 menu items.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
preview.jpg and preview.png present in all cases and at the same resolution and size. The preview does show up when the theme is the "current" one but dissapears again when it is not selected.

Thanks for the answer on two. I like lots of maps!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ticker Requests

Just a couple of requests for the RSS Feed Ticker.

1. If the RSS feed is long SageMC resizes the text. Its almost unreadable. Can you have this actually scroll off the screen instead of stopping and fading with the full font size?

2. I would like the ability to turn off the Ticker on the OSD but ALWAYS leave the ticker on in menus. Maybe a setting would take care of this.

Thanks for your hard work

BTW these are my wife's first suggestions!

Technazz
Old 01-08-2007, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Just a couple of requests for the RSS Feed Ticker.

1. If the RSS feed is long SageMC resizes the text. Its almost unreadable. Can you have this actually scroll off the screen instead of stopping and fading with the full font size?
I'll look into this if it's easy enough to implement, no promises though...

Quote:
2. I would like the ability to turn off the Ticker on the OSD but ALWAYS leave the ticker on in menus. Maybe a setting would take care of this.
You can already do this, set 'In All Menus' enabled, and 'In OSD' disabled. This will show the ticker on in all menus, but not in the OSD... Or did you mean something else ?

Quote:
BTW these are my wife's first suggestions!

Technazz
Cool

Dirk
Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Lynn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Hi Dirk,

I'll check this out

Quote:
As Jason already said, the left menu bar (in any menu) is limited to 7 items. I have an idea though, but I'll have to think about it a little more

Dirk
Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, same here. I'm not using FSE, but noticed it made no difference. That should be a fun one to figure out!
Looks like an issue in the core again, like the one with the scaling insets and disabled 3D acceleration... Not much I can do in the code, other than trying to rearrange some parts of the dialog and see if the issue goes away. Btw, I am now running my Sage server on completely different hardware (this makes it 4 different hardware configurations I have tested this on), and I still haven't seen the issue myself ...

Dirk
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk.

The Media Extender Conversion Quality appears to not be available within SageMC. Is this intended, or has it be located to another menu?

Normally, it's found in Settings..Detailed Setup..Advanced.
Well, it's a new feature in V6 and hasn't been added yet...

Dirk
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Dirk, I tried the new fix version but still no map... As with Brewston, swapping the %M and %D around works though.

Thanks for your efforts on this, much apreciated
Would it be possible for you to generate some debug logs with this version ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, it's a new feature in V6 and hasn't been added yet...

Dirk
LOL, didn't know it was new. I'm just getting my first MVP tonight, so I've been poking around in the SageTV user manual, and could not find that setting in SageMC, so switched to the default STV to see it. Not a problem. We'll see if Wireless-G can handle high quality...better yet, we'll see if my server can even handle the transcoding! I smell a dual core in my future...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Sage User

A couple quick questions.

I recently added an AverHD180 to my HTPC, and I use the scan feature in the Channel setup menu to add new HD channels. Anyway. I don't seem to have that option when using SageMC. I can add channels but the scan feature in not available. I have to go back to the default STV to use it.

also is there any cool feature or tool to let me see signal strength of HD channels, either in the channel guide or somewhere. Once again in the Default STV I can VIEW and channel in the channel setup menu, and sometimes it will bring up a power meter. Is there any easier way to do this..

Thanks for all the hard work
Mike
Closed Thread