SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydog
A couple quick questions.

I recently added an AverHD180 to my HTPC, and I use the scan feature in the Channel setup menu to add new HD channels. Anyway. I don't seem to have that option when using SageMC. I can add channels but the scan feature in not available. I have to go back to the default STV to use it.

also is there any cool feature or tool to let me see signal strength of HD channels, either in the channel guide or somewhere. Once again in the Default STV I can VIEW and channel in the channel setup menu, and sometimes it will bring up a power meter. Is there any easier way to do this..

Thanks for all the hard work
Mike
Mike.

It is recommended to use the default STV when adding new hardware. I thought that it normally forced you to switch if you selected hardware setup...oh, I guess the channel setup isn't included. However, it's probably best to switch back to the default STV anyway.

I do not know of a power meter within sage. I wish they had one, because I have to use the FusionHDTV one when I need to check that.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I do not know of a power meter within sage. I wish they had one, because I have to use the FusionHDTV one when I need to check that.
It is is the default STV, on the Channel Setup screen. (How to view it is mentioned on p. 158 of the v6 manual. )

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I'll look into this if it's easy enough to implement, no promises though...

You can already do this, set 'In All Menus' enabled, and 'In OSD' disabled. This will show the ticker on in all menus, but not in the OSD... Or did you mean something else ?
No I meant an option to leave the ticker on ALL the time in MENUS and the abilty to call it up with a button press in OSD when watching tv if its diabled in the OSD.

Thanks

Technazz
Old 01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It is is the default STV, on the Channel Setup screen. (How to view it is mentioned on p. 158 of the v6 manual. )

- Andy
*embarrassed* Those things always have their way of sneaking into the manual. I assume this was something new, because when I asked about it way back when, it didn't exist. Time to crack the book open, again.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I assume this was something new, because when I asked about it way back when, it didn't exist.
It isn't new for v6 -- it was in the v4.1 manual too... but that was from just over a year ago.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

<OT>

I was just looking through the downloads section and happened to notice that there have been >1000 downloads of the glassy show icons. So what I'd like to know is who set up the bot to repeatedly download the icons and inflate those numbers? It wasn't me, I swear!

</OT>
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I was playing around with some settings just now, and noticed that the bloodbath goes away when I was in Overlay mode, no 3D accel. When I returned to VMR9, 3D, FSE, the bloodbath was back. I can reproduce it every time going back and forth. So its something related to running VMR9, 3D, and FSE. Also, disabling FSE had no effect, so its actually something with VMR9 or 3D but since you have to run both or neither, I cant narrow it down any more.

Could it be related to certain DirectX distributions? I am using the December '06 distribution pack from MS. Jason, how about you?
I think I have noticed that it is not happening at 720P but it is at 1080i what resolutions are you guys running?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I think I have noticed that it is not happening at 720P but it is at 1080i what resolutions are you guys running?
1080p
Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I get it at 1080i.. 856x480p seems to be ok.

Technazz
Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
1080p here as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yep, I get the bloodbath dialog screens too. I am running vmr9, accelerated video, 7800gtx, etc., no FSE.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1080i
Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Would it be possible for you to generate some debug logs with this version ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Sure...

One thing, the image http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...n_07011009.jpg was kept in %Y%D%M format for both logs. The format for the ss_summary image was swapped.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_YMD.txt (94.5 KB, 235 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_YDM.txt (54.9 KB, 277 views)
File Type: txt tv.sage.mod.0.txt (93.5 KB, 238 views)

http://www.osirisphoto.com

Last edited by Hyperbaric; 01-10-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Sure...

One thing, the image http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...n_07011009.jpg was kept in %Y%D%M format for both logs. The format for the ss_summary image was swapped.

Cheers.
I was about to get around to it - honest !

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
<OT>

I was just looking through the downloads section and happened to notice that there have been >1000 downloads of the glassy show icons. So what I'd like to know is who set up the bot to repeatedly download the icons and inflate those numbers? It wasn't me, I swear!

</OT>

well....i have downloaded them 3 times now so......
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug!

When I go in to do a DVD Profiler update to the metadata I get a bigger dialog box where I can read all the dialog in it now. It's just missing the Yes-No buttons. Hitting enter just engages the default "no" behavior. Arrow left has no effect on changing that. I go back to 6.3.0 and you don't get all the dialog but you get the yes-no buttons. 1024 x 768 resolution.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Sage User

Multi level grouping

Does anyone know how to get the imported videos to group into multiple levels based on the folder structure?

eg right now my folder structure is like this:

kids\
Barney\
Barney ABC.mpg
Barney XYZ.mpg
Disney Movies\
Cinderella\
video_ts\
Snow White\
video_ts\
grownups\
Movie 1\
video_ts\
Movie 2\
video_ts\
I'm trying to get the top level to display:

Kids
Grownups

When I drill down to "Kids," I want it to show:

Barney
Disney Movies

The next level should show:
Cinderella
Snow White

I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, since that seems the logical way to do it--and that's how the basic Sage used to work (v 2.2.8--my last version). When I couldn't get Sage to work "normally" after the upgrade, I figured I'd try SageMC--but this is just displaying all the recordings together, in one big single-level list, with names like Kids\Barney\Barney ABC

Also, is there any way to turn off the thumbnails for imported videos? The default ones aren't really useful anyway.

Thanks

Last edited by feilerd; 01-11-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Sage Icon

Take Grownups out of the Kids directory...
Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilerd
I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, since that seems the logical way to do it--and that's how the basic Sage used to work (v 2.2.8--my last version). When I couldn't get Sage to work "normally" after the upgrade, I figured I'd try SageMC--but this is just displaying all the recordings together, in one big single-level list, with names like Kids\Barney\Barney ABC

Also, is there any way to turn off the thumbnails for imported videos? The default ones aren't really useful anyway.

Thanks
I got that working just fine on my SageMC. Just to be sure, only select the top directory (not all subdirectories), else you get the behaviour you are having. Also, if a subdirectory has only one movie, that movie is displayed directly at the higher level - you can not drill down to that subdirectory and select the movie than.

For thumnails, I always do an IMDB search and save it. That gives me a great thumbnail. It also changes the 'title' above the thumbnail in only the movie name, excluding the directory name it's in.

Jan
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
When I go in to do a DVD Profiler update to the metadata I get a bigger dialog box where I can read all the dialog in it now. It's just missing the Yes-No buttons. Hitting enter just engages the default "no" behavior. Arrow left has no effect on changing that. I go back to 6.3.0 and you don't get all the dialog but you get the yes-no buttons. 1024 x 768 resolution.

Gerry
Thanks Gerry, I'll look at this

Dirk
Closed Thread