SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I just got around to using the new RSS ticker when I installed this new version of SageMC, however the ticker is just repeating "Untitled" over and over again at the bottom of the screen. I have the Slashdot RSS feed set up, and can view it just fine via the RSS Feeds menu. It is the only feed I have and it is selected to display on the RSS ticker. Has anyone else seen this?
Restart Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi,

I assume you are using the standard SageMC main menu, right ? Yeah I didn't anticipate any problems with this here, so I only put an option to disable the channel jump into the dynamic main menu. I can make this option global for both menu modes

Dirk
I'm using the standard SageMC menu... I didn't anticipate problems either... In any case, thanks a lot!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Restart Sage.

Gerry
Unfortunately, this doesn't work. After reset it still says "Untitled". I am not running a Sage server or anything. Any other ideas?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
Unfortunately, this doesn't work. After reset it still says "Untitled". I am not running a Sage server or anything. Any other ideas?
I just updated. Same here. I e-mailed Dirk to let him know it is broken.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I can wait patiently for an update Glad to know it's not my setup!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Broken ticker.

So far everything else is looking good. DVD Profiler refresh was fine and fixed dialog box worked.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I just updated. Same here. I e-mailed Dirk to let him know it is broken.

Aloha,
Mike
Crap, I put the old sagemc.jar file from December into the update package (the full install package is fine). Just extract the attached file into your SageTV directory, after shutting down the UI. For MVP/Placeshifter you also have to shutdown the service.

Sorry for this faux-pas

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip JARs.zip (22.1 KB, 229 views)
Old 01-27-2007, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
What effect does this have if you are using FSE?
To be honest, I don't know. I don't use FSE and haven't tested it yet. If you wanna try it then let me know how it goes, otherwise I'll test it sometime later myself

Dirk
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Play from here feature

Dirk,

Another goodie added to this great STV which makes me very happy
Thanks for the quick implementation.

Jos Willemse
Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nice progress here!!!

Can we have an option on the left hand side of the screen while viewing a list of recordings under a grouping (view by group) to delete all? This is the screen where currently there is also an option to compress all on the left. I would like an option to delete all, and then perhaps that could have an "are you sure" kind of popup, since someone could accidently delete so much. Some people around here forget to clean up things they have watched.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Dirk. Bloodbath and vertical scrolling on the RSS Ticker are awesome.

Also, the DVD Profiler implementation seems to work better. I knew there was always some fussing around with it that I had to do, but I just figured it was my fault. I deleted all my offline content, and did a fresh import, and it looks beautiful.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Sage Icon

I have that issue with 6.3.1..
Old 01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
You can now use any external program (including any Windows screensaver module) as the SageMC screensaver. There is a new screensaver options menu in the SageMC options which offers a new style 'External Cmd'. Select the executable (or *.scr file for Windows screensaver) and optional any command line parameter (has to be '-s' for *.scr files), and the next time the Sage screensaver kicks in the external command gets executed. I've tested it with various screensavers (including an Aquarium screensaver), and it works like a charm
Oh man, I'm going to have some fun with this. Thanks Dirk!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't get the filtered video library list to work.

This is my menu:
Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kids Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M\:\\KidsVideos")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
And this is from my Sage.properties file:
Code:
seeker/archive_directory=P\:\\MyMusic,2;P\:\\Photo Storage,4;M\:\\MyDVDs,1;M\:\\MyVideos,1;M\:\\KidsVideos,1;
No matter what I do it brings up the entire video list, not the filtered list.

By the way This feature is a request that I have wanted to ask for, for the longest time. We have over 90 Sesame Streets recorded for my sons, and I had previously modified the SageMC STV to have a custom menu for them, but I got tired of rolling my code into the updated SageMC.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTuckman
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't get the filtered video library list to work.

This is my menu:
Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kids Videos">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M\:\\KidsVideos")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
And this is from my Sage.properties file:
Code:
seeker/archive_directory=P\:\\MyMusic,2;P\:\\Photo Storage,4;M\:\\MyDVDs,1;M\:\\MyVideos,1;M\:\\KidsVideos,1;
No matter what I do it brings up the entire video list, not the filtered list.

By the way This feature is a request that I have wanted to ask for, for the longest time. We have over 90 Sesame Streets recorded for my sons, and I had previously modified the SageMC STV to have a custom menu for them, but I got tired of rolling my code into the updated SageMC.
Maybe you need to use UNC paths for this and not mapped drives. Don't know-that's what the example had.

Gerry
Old 01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

RSS for Sever Weather Alert...

Dirk,

Been using SageMC for a long time. Great work! I have a feature request that you might be able to implement within the code that you have for the RSS display. In the past, I requested a Weather Alert since we all rarely watch live TV now. After looking at your RSS implementation I got the idea of using the RSS feed from the National Weather Service instead of the originally proposed CAP feed. Could you add the options per feed? I really don't want news showing up on the OSD, but would like the Weather feed to show up everywhere and with higher priority.

My thoughts for the weather alert would be -
show on all screens
Bigger font, maybe a different color, or flashing
higher priority than other RSS feeds

Thanks again!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe you need to use UNC paths for this and not mapped drives. Don't know-that's what the example had.

Gerry
No, it's not required to use UNC paths. But I spotted the error: use

Code:
AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M:\\KidsVideos")
instead of

Code:
AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M\:\\KidsVideos")
The '\' to escape the ':' is only necessary in property files, but not in Java strings.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Dirk
Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius
I have that issue with 6.3.1..
Hi flavius,

which issue ?

Dirk
Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Request

Dirk
How hard would it be to get the RSS feed to continue to run off the left hand side of the screen instead of it stopping as soon as it hits it and fade out? I just think the effect would look more appropriate. But if it is too hard to program I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Been using SageMC for a long time. Great work! I have a feature request that you might be able to implement within the code that you have for the RSS display. In the past, I requested a Weather Alert since we all rarely watch live TV now. After looking at your RSS implementation I got the idea of using the RSS feed from the National Weather Service instead of the originally proposed CAP feed. Could you add the options per feed? I really don't want news showing up on the OSD, but would like the Weather feed to show up everywhere and with higher priority.

My thoughts for the weather alert would be -
show on all screens
Bigger font, maybe a different color, or flashing
higher priority than other RSS feeds
Maybe you could make this an option in the weather section and over ride the current feed if something comes in? Just a thought.

Gerry
Old 01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Dirk
How hard would it be to get the RSS feed to continue to run off the left hand side of the screen instead of it stopping as soon as it hits it and fade out? I just think the effect would look more appropriate. But if it is too hard to program I understand.

Gerry

I Agree but i think he stated in the release note that is was not possible to scroll off to the left.

Technazz
Closed Thread