SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I Agree but i think he stated in the release note that is was not possible to scroll off to the left.

Technazz
Actually, in this note I was talking about scrolling off to the left to show headlines that are longer than the screen width, to avoid resizing. This is, as far as I can see, not possible. Scrolling off to the left in general might work, I'll look into it (it would look much better, I agree )

Dirk
Old 01-28-2007, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

The update is wicked awesome. I was able to figure out how to manipulate view restriction for a video folder with:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem
screen="Video Library Folder View"
title="Kids Movies">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "\\\\SageTV-Server\\Media1\\Movies")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
By setting excludes to true this menu will exclude the directory with content not appropriate for my kids. Right now they have more content in the videos than my wife and I. However, when I add another drive for the the not kid friendly films, can I add a second PathFilterExpr? Or how do you combine multiples?

TIA

B
Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Maybe I'm jumping in when I shouldn't & don't fully know what is being talked about... ... to scroll text to the left until it reaches the end of the string: how about just animating its panel & remove the first char every X milliseconds? Text that is too long to fit ("..." on the right side) would eventually become visible. And, if there is more news, you could just keep tacking on the next news item when the current one gets short enough.

I haven't seen the display in question, so if yoiu already do this or something better, then never mind & I'll go back to reading other things.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

When using ssstars.scr (Starfield) as an external screen saver I can't get it to stop with the remote. It only works with a keyboard or mouse.

This will be awesome when it works with a remote.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgollehon
When using ssstars.scr (Starfield) as an external screen saver I can't get it to stop with the remote. It only works with a keyboard or mouse.

I have been doing a little testing with the new screensaver feature and did run into a similar problem with an Aquarium screensaver. I use sendmessages instead of actual keystrokes, so I don't know if that made a difference. But sspipes.scr worked ok, working with my remote and sendmessages.

Although, when recovering from the screensaver, SageMC goes back to the main menu and I have to resume the video, instead of recovering directly back into the paused video.

I also ran into a problem with the Aquarium screensaver only running for a second, and then coming back up to the main menu. It wouldn't work in VMR9 but would work in Overlay. I saw some DX9 errors in the logs, but went with sspipes and that worked, so I stopped troubleshooting it for now.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, forgot to mention, I'm using the Hauppauge silver 45 button remote.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
No, it's not required to use UNC paths. But I spotted the error: use

Code:
AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M:\\KidsVideos")
instead of

Code:
AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "M\:\\KidsVideos")
The '\' to escape the ':' is only necessary in property files, but not in Java strings.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Dirk
Dirk,

Thanks - That did it!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
However, when I add another drive for the the not kid friendly films, can I add a second PathFilterExpr? Or how do you combine multiples?
Hi B,

I was already expecting this question to come up. Answer: still TBD. I'll probably have to move the filter code to java where it will be much easier to deal with multiple expressions.

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

All the ones I tested worked fine with my remote, but I'll check out the Starfield ssaver. It shouldn't matter which remote you are using

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj

I also ran into a problem with the Aquarium screensaver only running for a second, and then coming back up to the main menu. It wouldn't work in VMR9 but would work in Overlay. I saw some DX9 errors in the logs, but went with sspipes and that worked, so I stopped troubleshooting it for now.
I'll check out VMR9 at home (I only tested it with overlay). Which aquarium screensaver did you try ?

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
how about just animating its panel & remove the first char every X milliseconds? Text that is too long to fit ("..." on the right side) would eventually become visible.
Hi Andy,

though this would certainly work, I don't think anyone would like it - I implemented *smooth* pixel-wise scrolling for the ticker headline, and removing a whole character would simply look too choppy...

Last night I found a solution to continue the smooth scrolling off the left by using negative X anchor points, but I still think that for strings that are longer than the screen width it is very difficult or even impossible to achieve this without some support from the core.

But thanks for the suggestion,

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, just use a small font, and vertical scrolling! It's awesome. I have the font set to 10 on my 37" TV, and it's fairly readable at 8 feet or so (1080p). On the MVP, I have it set to 12, on a 22" 480p TV.

Now, if I could find a way for the icons (recording, first run, etc.) to not look gigantic on the MVP, everything would be perfect.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I'll check out VMR9 at home (I only tested it with overlay). Which aquarium screensaver did you try ?

Dirk
I was using serenescreen's marine aquarium 2.6. I get this in the sageclient log
Quote:
Mon 1/29 12:55:45.510 Screen Saver Timeout expired....tv=true playin=false fs=true sleepy=false currSS=false
Mon 1/29 12:55:45.510 setUI(sage.b1@5b54d9[Screen Saver]) histIdx=9 uiHistory=[sage.b1@ab0e22[MC MediaPlayer OSD], sage.b1@13f13ad[Main Menu], sage.b1@bdb351[MC MediaPlayer OSD], sage.b1@13f13ad[Main Menu], sage.b1@ab0e22[MC MediaPlayer OSD], sage.b1@13af349[Program Info], sage.b1@ab0e22[MC MediaPlayer OSD], sage.b1@13f13ad[Main Menu], sage.b1@bdb351[MC MediaPlayer OSD], sage.b1@5b54d9[Screen Saver]]
Mon 1/29 12:55:47.340 DX9Renderer NATIVE WARNING (non-FAILURE) line 1158 hr=0x88760868
Mon 1/29 12:55:47.340 DirectX9 device is lost. Rebuilding it....
Regarding the command line parameters, what options are there. I was trying Water Illusion, an .exe screensaver, and it worked. But, when you wake up Sage, the screen saver was still running in the background. Remove the -s switch and it just opens up the screensavers control panel on sleep.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk,

Any comment on my request here?

Is it feasable to have different setting for specific RSS feeds?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Dirk,

Any comment on my request here?

Is it feasable to have different setting for specific RSS feeds?
Not trivial, but certainly also not impossible. I'll have to work on the ticker internals for the next version anyway, so I'll take a look which of those I can get in

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I was using serenescreen's marine aquarium 2.6. I get this in the sageclient log
Jack, this might be a problem with this particular screen saver... I am using DreamAquarium, and it works just fine, Overlay and VMR9...

Quote:
Regarding the command line parameters, what options are there. I was trying Water Illusion, an .exe screensaver, and it worked. But, when you wake up Sage, the screen saver was still running in the background. Remove the -s switch and it just opens up the screensavers control panel on sleep.
Yeah, as far as I know there are only -s to run it in screensaver mode, and -c (equivalent to no option) to open its configuration screen

Quote:
I use sendmessages instead of actual keystrokes, so I don't know if that made a difference.
It shouldn't, I use sendmessage too

Quote:
Although, when recovering from the screensaver, SageMC goes back to the main menu and I have to resume the video, instead of recovering directly back into the paused video.
This is something I can fix

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Now, if I could find a way for the icons (recording, first run, etc.) to not look gigantic on the MVP, everything would be perfect.
Jason, you are using Mike's smaller icon sets (30x30), right ?

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I just tested several Windows screen savers from Windows\system32 (including ssstars.scr), and they all exit fine. Did you disable 'Exit on any key' by any chance ?

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Nice progress here!!!

Can we have an option on the left hand side of the screen while viewing a list of recordings under a grouping (view by group) to delete all? This is the screen where currently there is also an option to compress all on the left. I would like an option to delete all, and then perhaps that could have an "are you sure" kind of popup, since someone could accidently delete so much. Some people around here forget to clean up things they have watched.
Yes, this isn't too hard to add

FYI: Right now you can already delete a group of recordings by focusing the group entry in the parent screen and bringing up the options menu

Dirk
Old 01-29-2007, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
What effect does this have if you are using FSE?
I just tested my aquarium screensaver with FSE on my machine, and it seems to be a no-go... I doubt I can do anything about it

Dirk
Closed Thread