SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711
I am having a few problems with the auto comress feature.

1. The entries that it is putting into the sage.properties for the favorites is putting in the wrong name for the transcode format. I have manuly changed these names and it seems to be working OK until I set another favorite to auto compress than that entries has to be changed too.

2. The MVP client does not seem to fire the Auto Compress job on the server. When I launch a placeshifter client on the server it does launch the job. I do not know if the MVP client is supposed to be able to launch the jobs or not.

I really like this feature. I think I might just have some config problems. I would be very happy with any help I can get.

Thanks

I think I found the reason the MVP client does not fire the Auto Compress Logic (Attached code snippet). Is the restriction that the app running the Autocomress thread has be a server ui necessary? I removed the restriction and it seems to be working OK on the MVP now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AutoCompressIssues.JPG (30.7 KB, 254 views)
Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think I found the reason the MVP client does not fire the Auto Compress Logic (Attached code snippet). Is the restriction that the app running the Autocomress thread has be a server ui necessary? I removed the restriction and it seems to be working OK on the MVP now.
Well, a server UI is not necessary, but the check is in there to prevent that multiple compression threads are started if you have a server UI and one or more remote clients running at the same time. This check will be removed once I implement the compression thread (and others) to run at server startup.

If you don't have a server UI and only one remote client running, it is indeed safe to remove the check in the Studio code.

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkearneyca
First, thanks for the STV and all the hardwork -- WAF is high. Much appreciated.

I just installed 6.3.2 on my test rig. IMDB search appears to be working/saving, however, manual rename of the title doesnt appear to save. These are brand new directories (i.e. no data from 6.3.1).

gk
Yes, the IMDB search should be working in general. But due to the metadata changes the "Rename Title" got broken, and this will be fixed in the next version.

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Hi. Yes, I am aware of the changes, but even under Flachbar's directions, it states that you can do a manual lookup again after going to the new version. My point it, that these manual look ups work fine, but then you can't save it (save button not working)...meaning that you can never get the data to stick after you exit and go back to that video again. Maybe I missed something, but for me it seems broken.
If you still have this problem, then please enable debug logging and post the logfile here. The IMDB save should work, I verified it. But note that the update of the cover art will only be visible after a restart of the UI because of the image cache in the Sage core.

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Dirk,

When I set up a favorite by Key Word... In the default STV it asks whether I want to include "ALL Filelds" or just the "Title". Am I missing something in SageMC or is it just not there?
Just not there...

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am having a few problems with the auto comress feature.

1. The entries that it is putting into the sage.properties for the favorites is putting in the wrong name for the transcode format. I have manuly changed these names and it seems to be working OK until I set another favorite to auto compress than that entries has to be changed too.
Do you still see "MPEG4 in AVI-High Quality" as the default when you create a new Favorite ? I fixed this in 6.3.2, it should now be "MPEG4-High Quality AVI"

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcddream
is there any difference in leaving the screensaver running all the time versus having it timeout to a blank screen. i leave the htpc on 24/7, and would like as little stress on it as possible during the rest periods...as far as hdd powering down and whatever else.
Well, it certainly depends on which screensaver type you have configured (slideshow, external, etc). If you really want the least impact on your system, choose Logo or blank screen.

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgore
Also, when viewing 'My Videos' by folders (rather than by Genre, etc.) I can only access one of my video import folders. I have "E:\Video" and "F:\Video" both set up as video import folders, but I can only see "E:\Video". It's strange, because in any other view mode, the videos from "F:\Video" appear 'in the mix' as normal.

Steve.
This is strange, there should be no difference between the 'By Folder' and the other views. I just tested it here by setting up import folders 'D:\TEST' and 'E:\TEST', and videos from both folders showed up in all views.

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Dirk,

When I set up a favorite by Key Word... In the default STV it asks whether I want to include "ALL Filelds" or just the "Title". Am I missing something in SageMC or is it just not there?
Just not there...
BTW: you can manually set up a title-only keyword favorite by adding TITLE: in front of the keyword(s).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you still have this problem, then please enable debug logging and post the logfile here. The IMDB save should work, I verified it. But note that the update of the cover art will only be visible after a restart of the UI because of the image cache in the Sage core.

Dirk
OK, I figured out what is causing me to see nothing. I had the option in SageMC settings for "Use .my files" set to enabled. Once I turned that off, I can see the saved IMDB data. This causes another problem though. I wanted to use .my files, but only for TV show metadata to get archived along with the show files. That way, I do not need to necessarily preserve my wiz.bin, and also makes my TV recordings more portable to my other Sage installation. Any ideas on how to have the .my file ability for TV shows, but then ignore them if better data exists? Or maybe the IMDB data could be saved to a .my file also?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
BTW: you can manually set up a title-only keyword favorite by adding TITLE: in front of the keyword(s).

- Andy
Thanks Andy didnt know that.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Any ideas on how to have the .my file ability for TV shows, but then ignore them if better data exists? Or maybe the IMDB data could be saved to a .my file also?
This should already work that way. Even if you have 'Use .my files' enabled, SageMC will only use the .my file info if a .my file exists for a video file, otherwise it will use the metadata from the SageTV wiz.bin. Did you create a .my file for those videos in the past ?

Also, you can create / update a .my file with the wiz.bin info by selecting 'Send To .my file' from the Video Info screen

Dirk
Old 02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am using Sage with SageMC. I keep getting random shows recorded that I have never setup. I have the smart recording thing turned off, but I can not find out how these shows keep getting recorded. All of them have a little lock (like I can not delete them) by them too. This might not be a MC issue, but never had this before. Any ideas what I am missing? Chad
Old 02-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

There is one feature I have wanted to see in sage since the beginning,it may be right up the ally for MC.

Multiple "watched" flags. Something like watched1, watched2 that could have custom icons added later for "wife" or "kids". I have frequently deleted recordings I though the "boss" had already watched but didn't. That was not a pleasant experience.

Not sure if this is even possible though..

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
There is one feature I have wanted to see in sage since the beginning,it may be right up the ally for MC.

Multiple "watched" flags. Something like watched1, watched2 that could have custom icons added later for "wife" or "kids". I have frequently deleted recordings I though the "boss" had already watched but didn't. That was not a pleasant experience.

You know, I've often thought the same thing. Now that I'm using an MVP, if we ever had one in the guest bedroom, it would be nice that if they watched a show that we normally watched, but had not watched it yet, that it would not be deleted until all "required" people have watched it.

Sounds like it could be very complicated, but a great idea, nonetheless.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Do you still see "MPEG4 in AVI-High Quality" as the default when you create a new Favorite ? I fixed this in 6.3.2, it should now be "MPEG4-High Quality AVI"

Dirk

Dirk,

Thank you for your responses. You have been very helpful.

Just curious. Do you have an ETA on the server side thread for the Auto Compress of favorites? I really like this feature. It saves a tremendous amount of disk space.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
it would not be deleted until all "required" people have watched it.
Even with out restrictions, having the visual representation that the female-enforcer has indeed seen the show would be great.

But a nice popup of:

1) Delete show?
- yes
2) Are you sure you want to delete this show that the little woman has not yet watched and is likely to force you on the couch for 2 weeks?
- yes
3) Did you remember to hide a pillow downstairs?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just curious. Do you have an ETA on the server side thread for the Auto Compress of favorites? I really like this feature. It saves a tremendous amount of disk space.
It turns out to be much more difficult than I first thought, so it may not make it into the next version. If you only have one remote client running, then the removal of the condition in the Studio code can be a workaround for now...

Dirk
Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat

Not really, without support in the core ...

Dirk
Old 02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman
All of them have a little lock (like I can not delete them) by them too. This might not be a MC issue, but never had this before. Any ideas what I am missing? Chad
Hi chadman,

the little lock icon identifies archived recordings.
I have no clue what could be causing this, but I doubt that it has anything to do with SageMC

Dirk
Closed Thread