SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_per
I'm having some trouble, getting external programs to work.
I want to create a sub menu, which contains buttons for some batch scripts.

So i create a new menu item "New external program", and add nothing in arguments, and nothin in sleep Sage etc.
But when i hit the button, the commandline windows just opens, and starts in C:\ program files\Sage\Sagetv

It does not run my batch script. I've tested it outside Sage, and it works fine. I'd just like it to run in the background of sage.

Regards
Can you save your menu xml file after creating the new menu item and post it here ?

Dirk
Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Certainly, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png sagemc_menu-xml.PNG (71.7 KB, 311 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagemc_menu.zip (3.5 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by real_per; 02-09-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Certainly, thanks.
I tried your menu xml (replaced the bat file with one that simply calls notepad), and it works fine for me Could you try out your menu and bat file with the default STV (you might have to install nielm's dynamic menu plugin first) ? I just want to make sure that it is really a SageMC issue

Dirk
Old 02-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I tried your menu xml (replaced the bat file with one that simply calls notepad), and it works fine for me Could you try out your menu and bat file with the default STV (you might have to install nielm's dynamic menu plugin first) ? I just want to make sure that it is really a SageMC issue

Dirk
That's strange ?
I'll do some more troubleshootin tommorow, and try the bat file in the standard STV, and return with experiences.

Just so I know; Is it possible to call a .bat file via the menu, and have it run in the background without ever "seeing" it ?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Okay guys I'm totally frustrated, any help is greatly appreciated. I can't seem to get commercial skipping on my sageMC client. I have tried the following :

1. Made sure path is \\Computer\Drive and the drive is accessible (on server and client)
2. Installed and re-installed version 6.3.2 and 6.3.1
3. Made sure commercial-auto skip is enabled.
4. Made sure UI works on server
5. edl files are created on the server and I made sure the commercial skip works on the server.

Anything else that I'm missing?!

Thanks!

Last edited by castylx; 02-10-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by castylx
Okay guys I'm totally frustrated, any help is greatly appreciated. I can't seem to get commercial skipping on my sageMC client. I have tried the following :

1. Made sure path is \\Computer\Drive and the drive is accessible (on server and client)
It's whatever you called the share and not necessarily the drive. Mine is

\\Freenas\dvd\DVD

That happens to be the media server D: drive.
dvd is the share name and DVD is a folder on the share.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
It's whatever you called the share and not necessarily the drive. Mine is

\\Freenas\dvd\DVD

That happens to be the media server D: drive.
dvd is the share name and DVD is a folder on the share.

Gerry
Yeah I know. I put the recordings (for me) under \\Angelina\SageRecordings, that's what I've named the share. I wonder if it has something to do with Windows firewall.... any way to debug this?

BTW I finally bit the bullet and reformated and re-installed everything on my client PC. I still have the problem so I know for sure it's not the software on the client side. I'm guessing it's some communication thing between the client and server.... any ideas how to debug.

-- FC
Old 02-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Sage User

Alright I set a breakpoint in the debugger and apparently the call GetFileForSegment(MediaFile, filenum) is returnnig a path like C:\blah\My Videos\Recordings instead of \\Angelina\Recordings, which I have set now in the Recordings settings. Does anyone know if this value gets set in the registry or where it's coming from? I looked for it in the SageProperties file, couldn't find it. One thing to note I did have it set to C:\blah\My Videos\Recordings when I recorded the shows and added the edl files. Could it be that Sage uses the path when it records the shows and stores them somewhere? I'm recording another show right now and will run comskip to see if that's the issue.

-- FC
Old 02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Alright I set a breakpoint in the debugger and apparently the call GetFileForSegment(MediaFile, filenum) is returnnig a path like C:\blah\My Videos\Recordings instead of \\Angelina\Recordings, which I have set now in the Recordings settings. Does anyone know if this value gets set in the registry or where it's coming from? I looked for it in the SageProperties file, couldn't find it. One thing to note I did have it set to C:\blah\My Videos\Recordings when I recorded the shows and added the edl files. Could it be that Sage uses the path when it records the shows and stores them somewhere? I'm recording another show right now and will run comskip to see if that's the issue.

-- FC
I recall having a problem when setting up ep's dvd burning stuff to run from my client pc. The original recording path appeared to be stored in the sage database and I could only successfully process files that had been recorded to the \\myserver\sagerecordings path. Anything that had been recorded prior to my recording setting change failed because it was passing the original f:\sagerecordings path.

Does it work if you try a recording that's been made since the change?

Mick.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp

Does it work if you try a recording that's been made since the change?

Mick.
Not sure yet, the program just finished, running comskip now. I also noticed something else, in my SageClient.properties file it doesn't use my path to my video server i.e. \\Angelina\Recordings, it actually has

seeker\video_storage=C:\\blah\\Recordings, which is the path the Server would use. Also I have that same directory made by Sage on my client computer. If I delete the directory it makes it again. Maybe I should try modifying the properties file, but I assumed that was done by the settings.

I double and tripled checked, all my paths in the UI are set to \\Angelina\Recordings. Wonder where it's getting this other path from?

-- FC
Old 02-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Sage User

Alright got it working! It was nothing I was doing, apparently Sage remembers the path when the recording took place. So because I hadn't changed it yet all my old recordings had the absolute path rather then the \\path.

-- FC
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just so I know; Is it possible to call a .bat file via the menu, and have it run in the background without ever "seeing" it ?
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but you can create a shortcut to your bat file, set '"Run minimized" in the properties, and select this one to execute.

Dirk
Old 02-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Alright got it working! It was nothing I was doing, apparently Sage remembers the path when the recording took place. So because I hadn't changed it yet all my old recordings had the absolute path rather then the \\path.

-- FC
Also, I noticed one thing when I was converting some directories/drives...if DirMon2 is used to run SA, and you have one of the directories that you are deleting, DM2 will go out and create that directory again, if it's not there. Once you change the settings in DM2, it will stop doing that.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I often take a TV recorded movie, strip it from publicity and store it in a video directory (a subdirectory per movie). To not loose the info, I use .my files which I copy along.

In the video directory, I do not see any picture anymore with the movie but an initial frame image of that movie. I than select the IMDB search and save that data. I guess it saves the data in the Sage db, so it does not impact what I see: the .my info.

So far so good, but ... Although I now got a .jpg in the subdirectory containing the movie's image, it is not shown in SageTV ... still get that first frame picture.
However, if I stop/start SageTV, all is ok and the .jpg is used. I have waited for a day to see if it was a matter of time before SageTV picked the .jpg up, but nope.

Am I doing something wrong? Don't believe the stop/start should be required.

Jan
Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

modified menu

I've been experimenting with an animated main menu ( the std one not the dynamic ) flachbar is it possible to get this included in a future release? as it is right now the menu works but my experimentations with myTV side popup aren't fruitful, I can't figure out how to resolve the bug, The menu is listed in the new format but can't execute the item, maybe a trained eye can pick it up right away

i've attached the complete STV xml file, don't know how to make an STVi. You'll also find attached popup_arrows.zip, unzip these into the skins' Images directory (it's for the new popup)

thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sageMC_169_3.zip (461.1 KB, 214 views)
File Type: zip popup_arrows.zip (1.8 KB, 200 views)
Old 02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage User

Music Questions

Dirk…First of all, I can’t thank you enough for your work on SageMC. The interface is the best in the business…especially the music section. I’ve tried a lot of the different media players and front-ends and SageMC has them all beat. It’s the only one that allows for some pretty sophisticated manipulation of the music library from a remote control on a living room TV from 10 feet away. SWEET!!!

Questions:

1). Some FLAC files are not importing. It seems to be just classical files, which by the way have very long titles and artist names. Is their a character limitation per field for FLAC tags? Is this a Sage thing or a SageMC thing?

2). It appears that when using MP3 files with IDV2.3 tags, SageMC will read and display in song details ALBUM ARTIST, COMPOSER and YEAR fields, but not so with FLAC files. Is this a Sage or SageMC issue? Can these be added for FLAC files? Also would like to request adding CONDUCTOR and CONTENT GROUP to fields read list.

3). How are the ARTIST, ALBUM ARTIST and COMPOSER fields being managed, specifically for FLAC? SageMC appears to have the ability to draw from all three of these fields and then list and organize the content in the VIEW BY ARTIST field. Options menu allows you to choose between one, two or all three of these fields to draw from. It appears like it also has the ability to use multiple artists in the ARTIST field, semi-colon delimited (separated), and SageMC breaks the separated names into their own separate entries for VIEW BY ARTIST. Can this also occur in the ALBUM ARTIST field? Again, it appears to work this way for MP3s with IDV2.3 tags. It seems like for FLAC files ALBUM ARTIST is simply copying the first entry in the ARTIST field. Is this correct? I ask because I would like to leave the artist field with just one entry so that it plays nice with other software programs and then list the multiple artists in the ALBUM ARTIST field and have SageMC break these up into separate artists. Make sense?

4). Would it be possible to use multiple genres in the GENRE field, semi-colon delimited, and have SageMC break them up into separate genre listings.

5). Could VIEW BY GENRE be added to the library view options. This way I can add multiple genres to the qeue. Say I wanted to listen to a shuffled combination of JAZZ and R&B. I could select VIEW BY GENRE, select JAZZ, select add to qeue, repeat process for R&B. I know there is FILTER BY GENRE available, but there is no way to add the whole genre to the qeue this way. Does this make sense?

6). When an artist is selected and all their albums are in view, would it be possible to add a sort filter by the YEAR field. That way all the albums by that artist would display in chronological order.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Toolbar teaser

This thread has been too quiet lately, so I thought I'd chum the waters a bit and post a screenshot of something I've been working on for about a week. It is a toolbar with full mouse support. The toolbar is normally hidden at the top of the screen and rolls out when the top edge of the screen is clicked or the toolbar is focused by keyboard/remote. This is not just photoshopped. Everything you see is operational and all of the graphics are original (except the weather icons). I hope to have it available either in one of the next SageMC releases or as a separate import when it is ready. As of now I only have it in the main menu, but I plan on making it available in all screens. I may still change the layout but this gives an idea of one of the things I've been working on. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Aloha,
Mike

Old 02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mike, what are you trying to do? Make everybody love SageMC?

Nice idea.
Does that speaker icon mute, or does it do volume level as well?
Just thinking out loud here, but what about an optional custom command button on there. Something that brings up a list of User defined captions and actions. Like keyboard shortcuts or internal menu names or even system command to launch an app?

Something like this (excuse very crude graphics...)
Aspect Ratio and Record Show are examples of keyboard shortcuts.

Last edited by Morgan111; 02-16-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added example graphics
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Mike, what are you trying to do? Make everybody love SageMC?

Nice idea.
Does that speaker icon mute, or does it do volume level as well?
Just thinking out loud here, but what about an optional custom command button on there. Something that brings up a list of User defined captions and actions. Like keyboard shortcuts or internal menu names or even system command to launch an app?
Thanks Morgan.

Yeah, the speaker icon is for mute. When mute is activated, a red circle-slash appears over the speaker. I hadn't thought about volume control, but that would be easy to add if I can make room. Just a Vol+ and Vol- button grouped separately with the mute button should do the trick. I like the shortcut idea, but I would probably have to ask Dirk to help me with that. These additions might also require losing the weather and calendar icons to make room. I'll have to think about it. Good suggestions!

Aloha,
Mike

BTW, in case it isn't clear, the buttons on the far left are back, forward, and home. The buttons on the far right are sleep, fullscreen toggle, and exit sage.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 02-16-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I like the shortcut idea, but I would probably have to ask Dirk to help me with that. These additions might also require losing the weather and calendar icons to make room. I'll have to think about it. Good suggestions!
That could even be something like a right mouse click or some small icon to bring up the list like in my sample.
Closed Thread