SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Various problems and misunderstandings

Thanks Dirk, that should do it.

Just when I thought I could catch my breath, I'm off to the next version. Thanks for all your hard work and attention to detail, i'ts astounding.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a couple shows that are showing the wrong image.

For example, NOVA has the image for the movie "Casanova"

How can I change these?
Old 02-24-2007, 01:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Updated JAR

If you notice that sorting of music albums is broken in 6.3.2a, please replace the attached
JAR file - I just found an issue with music files that don't have any "Album" tag set

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagemc.zip (24.2 KB, 265 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
[*] added "Specific recording day" to favorite options
[*] added "Sort by Time" to music album view (last modified time of files)
1) Every SageMC menu screen has now a well defined 'click spot' in the upper left corner which will execute the 'Back' command if clicked:
On the main menu, the click spot is used to toggle between windowed and fullscreen mode.
2) The Guide has been enabled for mouse navigation.
AWESOME!

This looks great. And if the "specific recording day" options does what I assume it does, AWESOME.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, when did the "Download Here" font get changed to 72 point?

* moved to this thread *
Old 02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, when did the "Download Here" font get changed to 72 point?
You didn't follow this ? Man, you missed the best

Oh Jason, and btw, you'll get banned from the forums for 1 week for posting where it is not allowed (well, that is, if I had the power...)

Dirk
Old 02-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Dirk, thanks for the R-L scrolling RSS Feed. Just noticed it still resizes the text now. With this new feature I don't think you need to resize. Also is it possible to remove the title of the RSS Feed? It becomes redundant when using the webserver scheduled recording RSS feed. (Sage Recording, CNN ect)

Thanks!

Technazz
Old 02-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus
I have a couple shows that are showing the wrong image.

For example, NOVA has the image for the movie "Casanova"

How can I change these?

Another thing. On the DVD Stop-Resume dialog, this would restart the DVD sometimes if I hit stop again, I would have to go through it twice.

With the recent update, I can't stop the DVD no matter what, it will continiuously restart it. The only way to stop it was to play another video (live or recorded).
Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You didn't follow this ? Man, you missed the best

Oh Jason, and btw, you'll get banned from the forums for 1 week for posting where it is not allowed (well, that is, if I had the power...)

Dirk
LOL, I see. Banned? So, how about that SageMC? Cool, huh?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Sage User

Separate Favorites

I have not been able to find anything that says this, but is it possible to set up a separate "groups" for my favorites, the way we can for music and video?

My wife has her shows, I have my shows, and my kids have their shows. It would be "nice" to be able shrink my search for my shows.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Dirk, thanks for the R-L scrolling RSS Feed. Just noticed it still resizes the text now. With this new feature I don't think you need to resize. Also is it possible to remove the title of the RSS Feed? It becomes redundant when using the webserver scheduled recording RSS feed. (Sage Recording, CNN ect)

Thanks!

Technazz

I agree with this request (an option to remove the title field from being displayed). My lovely local newspaper has no clue what they are doing, so their .RSS feeds all show as " .COM" as the source...

It would be cool if we could replace the title text with an image for the source (ie: a CNN logo displays next to the feed).

Just a thought
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 02-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey guys, wondering about a certain behvaiour...

I view my music library via "Artist" and with the default Sage theme, I can tap (say for example) the "t" on my remote and it will automatically scroll down to the T's... with SageMC, this does not work.

I wouldn't usually care that much but this behaviour DOES work in the "My Videos" section, so it's kind of strange that it doesn't for My Music.

Any ideas?
iSage Theme
Old 02-25-2007, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Dirk, thanks for the R-L scrolling RSS Feed. Just noticed it still resizes the text now. With this new feature I don't think you need to resize.
Sorry, but I already tried to explain this earlier: this is not possible without some sort of support from the core. The scrolling is implemented by moving the full ticker bar with text through invisible portions of the screen, but the full text still has to fit within the screen width. So the text has either to get resized, or cut off after fixed number of characters

Quote:
Also is it possible to remove the title of the RSS Feed? It becomes redundant when using the webserver scheduled recording RSS feed. (Sage Recording, CNN ect)
This is something I can do

Dirk
Old 02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I have not been able to find anything that says this, but is it possible to set up a separate "groups" for my favorites, the way we can for music and video?

My wife has her shows, I have my shows, and my kids have their shows. It would be "nice" to be able shrink my search for my shows.
I like this idea, but unfortunately not possible without core support. The groups in the videos are currently implemented by 'mis-using' an unused metadata field of the airing. The fav group name would also have to be stored together with the favorite, but there is no available data field that could be used. One could implement an external mapping of favorite to group name (via file, etc), but this would be way too much work...

Dirk
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbell
I wouldn't usually care that much but this behaviour DOES work in the "My Videos" section, so it's kind of strange that it doesn't for My Music.
Really ? I couldn't imagine how, since there is no code in the STV for doing that . This is a new feature in the V6 default STV, and has not yet been ported to SageMC.

Ther are the letter bars on the right side (when you navigate all the way to the right), but those are available in both My Music and My Videos.

Dirk
Old 02-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Really ? I couldn't imagine how, since there is no code in the STV for doing that . This is a new feature in the V6 default STV, and has not yet been ported to SageMC.

Ther are the letter bars on the right side (when you navigate all the way to the right), but those are available in both My Music and My Videos.

Dirk
Yes, I was totally on crack. I was confusing one of my Placeshifter clients and my Sage TV client... oops.

In any case, is there plans to implement this feature in the STV?
iSage Theme
Old 02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Sage Expert

"# improved mouse navigation"

Can someone comment on this? I've installed SageMC 2 or 3 times in the past and always have to abandon it, since my family unaminously prefer house navigation, even in the lving room, etc. Is SageMC now fully usable with only a mouse?

Thanks.

edit: errr....that was mouse navigation.

Last edited by pawn; 02-25-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbell
Yes, I was totally on crack.

Quote:
In any case, is there plans to implement this feature in the STV?
I'm sure at some point I will, but it might take a while...

Dirk
Old 02-25-2007, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
"# improved mouse navigation"

Can someone comment on this? I've installed SageMC 2 or 3 times in the past and always have to abandon it, since my family unaminously prefer house navigation, even in the lving room, etc. Is SageMC now fully usable with only a mouse?

Thanks.
6.3.2a added "Back" functionality for all menu screens, and mouse support for the Guide. There are certainly still areas where mouse support is missing, most noticeably probably the video transport controls in the OSD menu.

Dirk
Old 02-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
6.3.2a added "Back" functionality for all menu screens, and mouse support for the Guide. There are certainly still areas where mouse support is missing, most noticeably probably the video transport controls in the OSD menu.

Dirk
So close. I'll keep checking in I guess
Closed Thread