SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

"My Music" unavailable

Hey guys... I'm slightly confused on this one. When using my SageTV client PC with the standard STV the My Music section works properly (can browse cover art and play music), however when switching to SageMC on the client, I can no longer access the music correctly.

Yes, I realize that all images and music are stored on my server in "C:\My Music" and that is how it was added to the SageTV Server. Is this what's causing it? Do I need to switch to UNC paths for SageMC to work properly from a client PC? I'm just curious since it works fine from the standard STV

Thanks,
-Jay
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

quick question/request. In the My Music section when viewing by Artist, is there a way to select how many artists are shown? Right now-it is set to 10 and it would be nicer to have this configurable. I would prefer to have it set to a lower number so the album art will show up larger.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Curr_rec.png is not showing up on screen.

Hi all,
Since upgrading to 6.1.18 and 6.3.2.c I am not longer seeing the currently recording icon on the screen.

I have tried updating to MeinMaui's icon pack, and can see the png file in the images/showicons directory, but it is not showing up on the screen, and is not available from the icon setup menu.

any ideas?

Also, wanted to check the logic for the series.png versus the series_rec.png.

If the series will record, it will use the series_rec.png, but if there is a conflict and it cannot, then it will show the series.png icon?

thanks a lot.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Sage User

IMDB cover art not showing up on client machines

If I do IMDB searches on my client machines the cover art isn't saved to either the servers movie directory or any where on the client machine. When I do the search from the server the cover art is saved in the the movie directory and displays correctly in my servers video library.. but not on my clients. I've tried refreshing the media library.... removing the movie directory restarting and reselecting it with no luck. I'm running 6.0.19 and 6.3.2c with XPPro on both the server and client. The server has has a 3ware 9550 based 1.8TB raid5 array where the movies are stored with the OS and Sage installed on another 320gig raid array if that matters.

I've searched a LOT on this issue and seem to be the only one with the problem. I sure hope someone can show me my mistake.

Thanks
Jack
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoJacko View Post
If I do IMDB searches on my client machines the cover art isn't saved to either the servers movie directory or any where on the client machine. When I do the search from the server the cover art is saved in the the movie directory and displays correctly in my servers video library.. but not on my clients.

Hi Jack,

is the import directory available at the same path on both server and client (mapped drives, or UNC) ?

Dirk
Old 04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman View Post
Curr_rec.png is not showing up on screen.

Hi all,
Since upgrading to 6.1.18 and 6.3.2.c I am not longer seeing the currently recording icon on the screen.
Yeah I think that has been reported before, I haven't checked this out yet, but will asap...

Quote:
Also, wanted to check the logic for the series.png versus the series_rec.png.

If the series will record, it will use the series_rec.png, but if there is a conflict and it cannot, then it will show the series.png icon?
Well, it's actually not directly related to having a conflict or not, but more to whether it is scheduled to record or not. If a certain show airing is a favorite and scheduled to record, series_rec.png will be used. If it is not scheduled to record (for whatever reason, e.g. conflict, another airing of the same show, etc) the series.png will be used.

Dirk
Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
quick question/request. In the My Music section when viewing by Artist, is there a way to select how many artists are shown? Right now-it is set to 10 and it would be nicer to have this configurable. I would prefer to have it set to a lower number so the album art will show up larger.
Thanks,
Juc
Nope, currently not possible. This would be an item for the ToDo list...

Dirk
Old 04-18-2007, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Hey guys... I'm slightly confused on this one. When using my SageTV client PC with the standard STV the My Music section works properly (can browse cover art and play music), however when switching to SageMC on the client, I can no longer access the music correctly.
When you say you can not access the music correctly, what exactly doesn't work ? Can you generate debug logs?

Dirk
Old 04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting a black screen, sometimes garbled menus, sometimes garbled menus with no background image, when launching Sage from the tray. This occurs randomly and is difficult to replicate most often if the PC has been in standby. This started shortly after upgrading to SageTV 6.1.8.

What I have done so far:

1. Reinstalled SageMC 6.2.3c.
2. Clean istall of SageMC 6.2.3c (along with a reinstall of Sage)
3. Tested with just the default UI, no problems.
4. Test with MC again, problem returns, reverted to default, no problems again.

It just like MC has a problem loading sometimes.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Jack,

is the import directory available at the same path on both server and client (mapped drives, or UNC) ?

Dirk
Hello flachbar,
Where exactly would I setup the UNC path. I looked at the properties file on the client and didn't find any reference to the import Dir.

Jack
Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Slightly belated announcement for new plugins

.....News Flash..........News Flash..........News Flash..........News Flash.....

Hi All,

It was brought to my attention that it probably would have been a good idea to make an announcement in this thread regarding a couple of new plugins for SageMC:

First on the block we have the Toolbar plugin. It provides access to some useful functions for you mouse users out there. Check out the support thread here.

Second, we have the Google Calendar plugin. This was a joint effort between Dirk and myself. It provides a 10ft interface for access to your google calendar account (plus a couple of other little goodies). You can jump to it's support thread here.

Both are works-in-progress but they seem to be working for most people. We also have some new features in the works for both plugins, so stay tuned over the next few weeks for updates.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion and/or rant...

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Movie Navigation?

Hi! I'm wondering if it is possible to move from a movie to the next in the movie detail screen. Maybe have next and previous buttons or using a remote command.

Nevermind...Once I typed the word remote, I decided to press buttons to see what happens. It appears the Skip Fwd/Bkwd buttons do that!

I see it works in Music for view by album, but not for view by artist. Is that something that could be changed?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Sage User

Manual Rec

Any news on the Curr_rec.png is not showing up on screen for manual recordings?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

With almost 4000 posts in the this thread and 30 minutes of searching...i'm tapped.

I installed SA and DirMon and bought the license. Realized that the guide on the SageMC wiki and SA website is painfully out of date and doesn't even remotely line-up anymore. Is anybody here using the most recent versions? If so what settings do you have (screen shots would be prefered)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n View Post
With almost 4000 posts in the this thread and 30 minutes of searching...i'm tapped.

I installed SA and DirMon and bought the license. Realized that the guide on the SageMC wiki and SA website is painfully out of date and doesn't even remotely line-up anymore. Is anybody here using the most recent versions? If so what settings do you have (screen shots would be prefered)?

Thanks in advance.

Try this tutorial out. It should get you going.
http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

Miller
Old 04-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Hebrew is not working on .my or metadata (properties) file

Hi,

I am trying to import hebrew .my file or using hebrew properties file but I see only unreadable letters (gibrish).

My Epg is in Hebrew and all the details for my recording are in Hebrew )including name and description) and both are look great

I try to save the .my file and the properties file in few different encoding type but its didn't help

some one has an idea how can I resolve the problem ?

I am using sageTV version 6.1.8 and the last version (6.3.2C) of sageMC

Thanks
Ofer
Old 04-22-2007, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoJacko View Post
Hello flachbar,
Where exactly would I setup the UNC path. I looked at the properties file on the client and didn't find any reference to the import Dir.

Jack
Hi Jack,

it's just a matter of defining the the import directory itself with a UNC path.

Let's say e.g. your video directory on the server is "D:\data\videos". You would share this folder e.g. as "Videos", and specify "\\servername\Videos" in SageTV for the import directory.

Note that the above change will only affect new imported files, the existing ones will remain in the database with the old path.

Dirk
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I have tried inserting that in sagemc_menu.xml. It doesnt matter where I put it in the file (begining, end, or right near the google video entry). When I start sageTV, no new menu items show up. What's the trick to get it to show up in the menus? I tried looking in My Menu, but I only see Google Video. I even went to the extent of looking in dynamic menus to see if a new internal command would be available. There's gotta be something significant I'm missing. Below is my entire sagemc_menu.xml

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
   <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video Menu" title="YouTube">
              <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("OnlineVideoType", "xYouTube")</evalExpression>
   </internalScreenMenuItem>
    <menu title="Main">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="My TV">
            <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
        <!--                                   -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="My Music">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my pictures.png" screen="Picture Library" title="My Pictures">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hp_dvd.png" screen="Play DVD" title="Play DVD">
        <subMenuItem icon="hover_my explorer.png" title="My Menu">
            <menu title="My Menu">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Google Video Menu" title="Google Video">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Parental Controls" title="Parental Controls">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Setup Menu" title="Settings">
            </menu>
        </subMenuItem>
    </menu>
</sageMenu>
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Minor update 6.3.2c available:

- fixed 'Archived' icons not showing up
- always close mediafile after playlist has finished, will hopefully fix reported issue
- look for xxx_category_subcategory_xxx.png color guide bars if present

And since I know everyone is waiting for it (well, it was in fact my wife bugging me every day ), I hacked up a quick-and-dirty YouTube integration, no guarantees that everything works, but we already watched some videos successfully ... If there are issues, it might take a while before I can get to fix them. A better port of the default STV changes (including the new layout with preview) will also follow at some later point.

To get access to YouTube, add the following to your menu xml file (either with a text editor, or by copying it to the windows clipboard and then selectin "Paste menu item from clipboard"):

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
              <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("OnlineVideoType", "xYouTube")</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi mkanet,

the menu file you posted is not valid, the entry

Code:
has to appear inside of

Code:
    <menu title="Main">

</menu>
After I moved it inside, it worked fine for me. If you tried this before, did you reload the menu file after that (or restarted the UI) ?

Dirk
Old 04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
When you say you can not access the music correctly, what exactly doesn't work ? Can you generate debug logs?

Dirk
I'll have to generate debug logs tomorrow - the wife is in control of the TV tonight.. lol

What happens is I select "My Music" and then I see the usual grid displayed with various songs. The names of the songs are there, however no cover art shows. Additionally, if I select to browse an album, it's blank. If I select an individual song to play, it allows me to select it, but it doesn't play - and shows the song is 0 seconds.

For debugging purposes, I changed from using C:\My Music (located on the main server, not the affected client) to \\pvr\MyMusic, however this did not resolve the issue. Imported Videos seem to work fine, using both the local server's path and a UNC path (C:\My Videos or \\pvr\MyVideos).

If I switch back to the standard STV (6.1 full release), the Music library functions properly using either path definition (Server local path or UNC).

Thanks for helping!!
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Closed Thread