SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Only for PS / MVP...

You shouldn't have to. Are you talking about DVDs or single video files ?

Dirk
This is for a full PC client, so I didn't think I needed a reboot. These are single files - they are "errant" recordings that Sage wound up automatically importing from the recordings directory when it lost track of them.

They had no meta data before the IMDB lookup, but they did have the video thumbnails already generated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The intelligent recordings icon is only displayed for scheduled IR recordings. Once it has been recorded, there is afaik no way to find out if an airing has been recorded via IR or 'normally' - there is no tag/attribute in the database which would indicate that. Hence there is no way to display an icon for existing recordings.

Or are you saying that you don't even get the icon on scheduled IR shows ?

Dirk
I have a quick thought on this. There are tags for series and manual recordings. I think the only other way to get a recording is through IR. So maybe treating everything that is not a series or manual recording as an IR recording might work? I just use the Intelligent Suggestions feature myself, but if I were to use IR I would personally like to see an 'Intelligent Recordings' folder in the grouped view. Just my .02 (which after inflation is really only worth .0002 at the most)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I have a quick thought on this. There are tags for series and manual recordings. I think the only other way to get a recording is through IR. So maybe treating everything that is not a series or manual recording as an IR recording might work? I just use the Intelligent Suggestions feature myself, but if I were to use IR I would personally like to see an 'Intelligent Recordings' folder in the grouped view. Just my .02 (which after inflation is really only worth .0002 at the most)

Aloha,
Mike
Nielm developed something like that here for the main STV and I love the concept! I don't think he has time to do one for us but perhaps something like it could be developed. I wouldn't mind having the IRs hidden for the most part in the main list. In fact, no matter how well the IRs could be tuned, no way to separate IRs (icons or folders) is what keeps me from implementing them. I don't want the list of pre-recorded TV to fill up with this stuff and I REALLY don't wan't it to fill up if there is no way to add an even an icon for them. A separate folder would do nicely indeed.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 06-12-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
Nielm developed something like that here for the main STV and I love the concept! I don't think he has time to do one for us but perhaps something like it could be developed.
Yes this is the functionality that I was refering to. You can get to it in SageMC by going to the Schedule screen and selecting 'New Suggestions'. This lists all of the programs that IR would record if it were enabled.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes this is the functionality that I was refering to. You can get to it in SageMC by going to the Schedule screen and selecting 'New Suggestions'. This lists all of the programs that IR would record if it were enabled.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep, this is good. It's the 'would' record part that I would see expanded to include a folder. A folder for IRs that 'have been' recorded would be a nice feature. Of'course icons would work nicely as well but I don't something is lacking in the main code for this unfortunately.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Sage User

Manual Record Status

In the default STV, there is an option to set manual record status on intelligent recordings. This feature is useful to ensure that recording I want to keep are not automatically deleted. I can't seem to find this option in SageMC. Am I missing something?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by feilerd View Post
Thanks!!

...and did I say AWESOME STV???? We're coming from 2.2.8's default STV, so it's like moving to an entirely new app!

As long as we're adding to the request list, my wife noticed that the recorded shows list no longer "wraps around" (ie she can't scroll back to "a" once she's gotten to the end). I guess this means we tape too much (318 shows at last count that we haven't yet gotten to watch), but...

This is obviously just a "nice to have," so feel free to ignore it.

Thanks again for a great interface!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
If it could be configurable - to wrap or not to wrap..
Quote:
I stand corrected, Bob just showed me a way to do it
Expect this to get fixed, sooner or later.

Dirk
Quote:
Thanks for the info Andy, this is even more elegant, and I am sure I would have ran into the scrolling issue sooner or later !

Dirk
Did this feature get implemented? I can't find it in the settings which doesn't necessarily mean it's not there.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Did this feature get implemented? I can't find it in the settings which doesn't necessarily mean it's not there.
The configuration of wrap/no wrap has not been added yet. But the problem of

Quote:
And if set to not wrap, could you keep the focus in the right-side menu and just have it stop at the bottom? Right now, when you get to the bottom of a right-side list, it jumps to the left-side menu and then will wrap-scroll on the left.
has been fixed, it's the setting "Table Lock" in the SageMC options

Dirk
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

For DVD profiler offline videos--Should I be specifying where my offline videos are, or the folder that they are held in? I'm trying to set this up so if i want to browse by file system everything is not lumped together.

C:....\offline\offline dvd's
or
C:.....\offline

where the actual images and videos are stored in the offline dvd folder?
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-15-2007, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
For DVD profiler offline videos--Should I be specifying where my offline videos are, or the folder that they are held in? I'm trying to set this up so if i want to browse by file system everything is not lumped together.

C:....\offline\offline dvd's
or
C:.....\offline

where the actual images and videos are stored in the offline dvd folder?
thanks,
Juc
Whatever directory you specify will be used to store the generated .mpg files and images for your DVDs in your profiler collection (during DVD Profiler import). Once this step is done, they have to get imported normally, that's why you need to add the offline path to your SageTV import paths.

Dirk
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Whatever directory you specify will be used to store the generated .mpg files and images for your DVDs in your profiler collection (during DVD Profiler import). Once this step is done, they have to get imported normally, that's why you need to add the offline path to your SageTV import paths.

Dirk
Dirk,
Thanks. I understand that. But here is the problem i am running into.
In the sagemc paths setup-i select the folder where I want the offline videos to be stored. Then I also setup that folder as an import directory. BUT--when I do this and I go into My videos and sort by file system--I just get one large mass of videos mixed in with my other import folders. How can i avoid this?

Also--i can only 'tag' videos with custom groups if I am in the folder view. If I am already in the group view and hover over a folder, it won't let me add that folder to a custom view. Is this correct? Based on the above paragraph, if all my videos are mixed into the main my videos view-it would take forever to right-click on each one and move it to a custom group. I think i'm missing something simple.
thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk,
Thanks. I understand that. But here is the problem i am running into.
In the sagemc paths setup-i select the folder where I want the offline videos to be stored. Then I also setup that folder as an import directory. BUT--when I do this and I go into My videos and sort by file system--I just get one large mass of videos mixed in with my other import folders. How can i avoid this?
Ah, now I see what you mean... Well, I never tried to set the offline path to a directory which didn't contain the video files directly, so I'm not sure if this will work. Did you try it ?

Quote:
Also--i can only 'tag' videos with custom groups if I am in the folder view. If I am already in the group view and hover over a folder, it won't let me add that folder to a custom view. Is this correct?
In the group view, you should only see existing groups and the "Unassigned" group, but no folders, right ? Would it help if you could assign all "unassigned" videos (or all videos of an existing group) to a different group ?

Dirk
Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
In the default STV, there is an option to set manual record status on intelligent recordings. This feature is useful to ensure that recording I want to keep are not automatically deleted. I can't seem to find this option in SageMC. Am I missing something?
No, you're not missing something, this is not available in SageMC. But I'll try to add this in a future version.

Dirk
Old 06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried this a few months back, but couldn't get it right. Since your advice is alway worth more than just a few pennies (even after inflation) I had a go at it again, and this time I think I got it (almost)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
Yep, this is good. It's the 'would' record part that I would see expanded to include a folder. A folder for IRs that 'have been' recorded would be a nice feature. Of'course icons would work nicely as well but I don't something is lacking in the main code for this unfortunately.
Try the attached STV, it will also show IR icons for recorded shows, and lets you filter on "all", "scheduled", and "suggested". I used Mikes approach to determine if it's IR or not, and it works for all except these cases:

- if you watched Live TV and the recording still shows up in the list because it does not get deleted right away, it will show as a false "IR" positive, since it is neither a manual nor a a favorite

- if you remove a favorite definition but still have some recordings for this favorite, they will also show up as "IR" recordings

Let me know (this is addressed to anyone using IR and wanting IR icons) if those issues are minor enough, then I'll include this code in the future.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_6_3_3-IR.zip (475.3 KB, 219 views)
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In the group view, you should only see existing groups and the "Unassigned" group, but no folders, right ? Would it help if you could assign all "unassigned" videos (or all videos of an existing group) to a different group ?

Dirk

I think this would solve my problem. I still wouldn't be able to sort by file system because they would all be lumped together but i could sort by groups, and then do a batch assign to the unassigned videos.

Also--Is it possible to sort by file system and see folders instead of all the movies in one big list? this is where i think i am missing something. Are you're paths identical for imported videos and in sagemc setup?
Thanks,
Juc

Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Also--Is it possible to sort by file system and see folders instead of all the movies in one big list
Cant you just create another set of intermediate folders?

e.g. I've my import folders set somthing like

Code:
\\mytv\disk1
\\mytv\disk2
\\mytv\disk3
\\mytv\offlineDVDs
then put extra folders..
Code:
\\mytv\disk1\Films - For Films
\\mytv\disk1\Mythbusters - 
\\mytv\disk2\Films - more films when I ran out of space on disk 1
\\mytv\offlineDVDs\offline DVDs - offline DVD's folder
Then in SageMC's "File System" View I see Films, Mythbusters and "offline DVDs" at the top level. If you get the case the same you only see one set of folders even though there are two separate Films folders.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Cant you just create another set of intermediate folders?

e.g. I've my import folders set somthing like

Code:
\\mytv\disk1
\\mytv\disk2
\\mytv\disk3
\\mytv\offlineDVDs
then put extra folders..
Code:
\\mytv\disk1\Films - For Films
\\mytv\disk1\Mythbusters - 
\\mytv\disk2\Films - more films when I ran out of space on disk 1
\\mytv\offlineDVDs\offline DVDs - offline DVD's folder
Then in SageMC's "File System" View I see Films, Mythbusters and "offline DVDs" at the top level. If you get the case the same you only see one set of folders even though there are two separate Films folders.
Thanks,--i see where you are going. The one question I have is what do you then select in sagemc paths setup for your offline folder path? It seems that if I select the (in your case) \\mytv\offlinedvds folder--it will populate that folder with the offline dvd's and automatically add that to my import list. Thanks,
Juc

Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

YouTube in Sage MC

So I tried adding the YouTube menu to SageMC - I'm running SageMC 6.3.3. All the videos I try to play get the "unrecognized video format" error.

I saw a post where Opus4 responded to this issue by pointing to a post detailing how this was fixed in the default STV. Is there an easy fix for this in SageMC? I like having YouTube available on the TV, but I don't want to have to load the default STV just to use it!

btl.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Creating a theme

Is there a how-to or notes somewhere on how to create a theme for SageMC ?

What are the steps ?

Thanks.

Jamie.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So I tried adding the YouTube menu to SageMC - I'm running SageMC 6.3.3. All the videos I try to play get the "unrecognized video format" error.

I saw a post where Opus4 responded to this issue by pointing to a post detailing how this was fixed in the default STV. Is there an easy fix for this in SageMC? I like having YouTube available on the TV, but I don't want to have to load the default STV just to use it!

btl.
Same here. And the problem exists for Google Video as well.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Closed Thread