SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Can anyone verify a recording issue I have? If I try to record a show I am watching live, it will begin to stutter and playback only the last ~1/2 sec of video that was playing when I hit record. If I then cancel the recording and try to start the recording from the guide while not watching the show it will still not work and only show the part of the show that was live before I attempted the recording. This is using the 6.2.5 beta and SageMC 6.3.3b
Karl,

Just installed 6.2.5 last night, I will try out some manual recordings this evening...

Dirk
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklp77 View Post
Hi, I did a quick search of the forum - and also did a lot of looking amongst the menus and didn't find a way to referesh the "Imported Videos" directory(s). Could someone clue me in?

TIA,
Mark
Hi Mark,

go to 'My Videos', bring up the options menu ('Options' command, or 'ESC' on the keyboard), and select 'Rescan Import Folders'.

Dirk
Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Does the latest version of SageMC let you use your mouse to click on the timeline of a recording to jump to a specific time?
Nope, this is currently not supported

Quote:
If not, is there a way for SageMC to seek or jump to a specific time within a recording? For example, I would like to jump to minute 80 out of my 2 hour show. Rather than click Fast Forward an insane amount of times, I'd like to simply jump to that many minutes within the show. Any ideas?
BobP has written a Time Jump STVi, but I don't think it will work with SageMC...

Dirk
Old 08-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Sage User

nm - already posted.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
When on the left menu hit whatever command you have mapped to options. I believe a refresh or re-import button is in that popup menu.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.3c available

Hi folks,

I just uploaded version 6.3.3c which contains some fixes and a few small enhancements:

A few fixes and enhancements:
  • fixed Description issue with DVDProfiler 3.0 import (thanks Kevin for finding it)
  • import DVDProfiler roles (if supported by SageTV)
  • added option to import DVDProfiler character roles into actor field (can be disabled in SageMC options)
  • show actors and roles for TV shows and imported Videos in Program Info
  • group single video files by folder in Video Library (yes, finally... )
  • added option to create photo thumbnails in background
  • execute SageMC init code on STV load, restart of UI after STV update shouldn't be necessary any more in most cases (this change *might* affect other SageMC imports which add code to the 'ApplicationStarted' hook)
  • if "Show only new items" in RSS ticker is enabled, save state of already displayed news items across STV restarts so that they won't get displayed again
  • changed DOS-specific path separator in Theme selection code, which might fix issue on Linux (but I'm not able to confirm this since I don't run Linux)
  • allow physical deletion of DVD folder (if server property directory_deletion_of_dvds_enabled is set to true)
To install, shut down the UI, extract all files contained in the zip file, and restart.

Dirk
Old 08-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

The 'SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package' download is giving a 404 error.\

Anyone got this they can host somewhere?

Last edited by kricker; 08-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the update, Dirk. Your work is always appreciated

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The 'SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package' download is giving a 404 error.\

Anyone got this they can host somewhere?
Sorry Karl, I'll try to fix this tonight.

Dirk
Old 08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Sorry Karl, I'll try to fix this tonight.

Dirk
Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The 'SageMC16x9 Version 6.x Full Install Package' download is giving a 404 error.

The full install (updated to 6.3.3c) should be available again for download.

Dirk
Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Just installed 6.2.5 and 6.3.3c. Anyone else having problems getting to the detailed setup screen?

Update: I rebooted and now everything seems fine.

Last edited by jelder; 08-14-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Possible bug: In series settings, it doesn't seem like the "Airtime" setting is holding after saving the series.

My wife wants to add a series to record Oprah. It comes on weekdays at 3pm, weekends at 11:30pm, and Thur-Fri at 1:00am. She only wants to record the 3pm showings.

I tired to set the "airtime" setting to 3pm. When I save it, then check it again, it's been reset to "any." I can't figure out a way to get the "3pm" setting to hold. As a temp partial workaround I did 5 separate series (one for each weekday), but since there are also overnight showings on Thur-Fri, we're still getting more recorded than we want...

Any other workarounds? Is this a bug?
Sorry to bump my own post, but I'm wondering if other people are seeing this? I can't seem to get specific times for a series to "stick."
Old 08-16-2007, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Sorry to bump my own post, but I'm wondering if other people are seeing this? I can't seem to get specific times for a series to "stick."
Well, bumping was a good idea, I guess I missed this post previously

Yep, I can confirm that this is not working right. I'll try to fix this ASAP.

Dirk
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is anyone else having trouble with IMDB lookup? My fiance likes to lookup information about the movies, but suddenly its not working. It always just says "nothing was found". I'm using the latest SageMC, and the latest SageTV. I installed SageMC from the full installation package.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, mine hasn't worked for a while. Even with the new latestt SageMC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with IMDB lookup? My fiance likes to lookup information about the movies, but suddenly its not working. It always just says "nothing was found". I'm using the latest SageMC, and the latest SageTV. I installed SageMC from the full installation package.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Yeah, mine hasn't worked for a while. Even with the new latestt SageMC.
I should have searched harder before psoting. Basically, you need to download the IMDB Search (6.5). Its way back on page 3 of the customization forum list.

Anyway, once you do that, all is well. My IMDB searching is working fine and my fiance is once again pleased with me.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I should have searched harder before psoting. Basically, you need to download the IMDB Search (6.5). Its way back on page 3 of the customization forum list.
yup, all you really need to do is update the nielm_sageimdb.jar to the latest version. You don't need to import the .stvi or anything else.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's weird, I thought I included the latest IMDB jar in the new full installation file...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am trying to add a custom menu to my MediaMVP using Sage MCE. I have the MVP running the MCE stv and it's works great, howevr on my other clients(htpc) I use customized menus. I normally right click and edit the menu item and insert something like the following:

----------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem
screen="Video Library Folder View"
title="My Videos">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExpr", "\\\\NEWSERVER\\Divx_x")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>

--------------------------------------------

Here's my problem. I can't access th MVP like a desktop and edit the menu. I can't seem to find in the SageTv folder on the server where I should insert this string so it will be picked up by the MVP.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Clay
Closed Thread