SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Perhaps that is an option. Haven't thought of that. I could then do a comparison as there are alot of custom properties. Yes I am doing a load of the sagetv3.xml and not an import.
If doing that, I'd recommend ExamDiff. It's a free text difference tool that compares files side by side. Make comparing files easy. The only bad thing, is that you can't edit the files you are looking at while inside of it, unless you pay for the Pro version. But, it's still a good tool.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Anyone know how to "unarchive" something in SageMC. I can't seem to find an option for that anywhere.

Also if the archive icon is displayed in the Recorded TV list, the watched and don't like icons will not show up.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Anyone know how to "unarchive" something in SageMC. I can't seem to find an option for that anywhere.
Yep, I noticed this too. Will try to add this functionality in one of the next versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Also if the archive icon is displayed in the Recorded TV list, the watched and don't like icons will not show up.
It is currently coded that way, watched/dontlike/archived icons are mutually exclusive. I might change this for the archive icon ...

Dirk
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I added the following functionality to my individually modified SageMC STV, and would just like to know if it would be of general interest:

I usually have auto-comskip enabled, but since the commercial detection is not always perfect I always used to double-check the detected breaks on the timeline by pressing info whenever comskip skipped automatically.

For convenience, I added code to automatically show the timeline after an automatic skip (which hides as usual after the configured timeout). I could add this to the STV (of course switchable) if others want this too ...

Dirk
Old 07-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I added the following functionality to my individually modified SageMC STV, and would just like to know if it would be of general interest:

I usually have auto-comskip enabled, but since the commercial detection is not always perfect I always used to double-check the detected breaks on the timeline by pressing info whenever comskip skipped automatically.

For convenience, I added code to automatically show the timeline after an automatic skip (which hides as usual after the configured timeout). I could add this to the STV (of course switchable) if others want this too ...

Dirk
Does it just show the timebar, or that and the show information? If it just showed the timebar, I think that's a great idea, because I end up doing the same thing you are talking about. Sometimes you can tell instantly, by how large or small the commercial breaks are.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds great to me. I check the same way you do.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Does it just show the timebar, or that and the show information? If it just showed the timebar, I think that's a great idea, because I end up doing the same thing you are talking about. Sometimes you can tell instantly, by how large or small the commercial breaks are.
Yep, just the timebar.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yep, just the timebar.
Consider it a vote for yes from me then!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I just uploaded the new version 6.7:

Changes in v6.7:

- setting "disable stop popup" now also affects preview window (for MVP users)
- added more information to Settings/Info (hostname, IP, etc)
- fixed an issue with back command in movie/categories
- you can now switch to lowercase in the text entry dialog by pressing "Play" button
- fixed file selection box for meta data xml
- fixed icon layout
- premieres screen will indicate if show is already scheduled to record
- fixed search dialog for music/videos
- default padding now also applies to manual recordings
- added setting to enable autoshow of timebar when autoskip is enabled
- added setting to enable saving of partial manual recordings

Save partial recordings

If this setting is enabled, pressing the record button on a manual recording in progress (which will normally just cancel the recording) will show a dialog where you can choose to save whatever has been recorder so far. This is achieved by setting the stop time of the recording to the current time (thanks to nielm for the tip), and Sage will keep the recording in its database.

This will basically allow to record small parts of live TV (a request I've seen many times in the forums): just press REC when you want to start recording, and REC again to stop and save. This even works for multiple parts of the same show.

New icon layout

I changed the internal icon layout to better accomodate MeInMauis new icons, and the icon size in the EPG is now larger than before. Since some people might not like the bigger size, the height of the EPG icons has been made configurable in the SageMC settings, just make it smaller than the default value of 0.55

Autoshow of timebar

If this setting (and commercial autoskip) is enabled, SageMC will automatically show the timebar whenever comskip automatically skips over the next detected commercial. This allows to quickly check if the detection was accurate.

Also note, if you are using MeInMauis new icon sets, you only need to extract the SageMC_169.xml STV file, otherwise your custom icons will be overwritten by the default ones.

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the hard work Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Yes, thanks indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing your new icon layout. I guess I better figure out how to make imports out of the few customizations I did.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Yes, thanks. Looking forward to the hour I have before my wife gets home to install this.

Gotta reimport MovieTimes and WebRadio...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Ok I'm just throwing out a suggestion here. It may just be that I have a pretty crappy TV (and too small - 35" s-vid) that I am displaying too that brought up my suggestion. But my guide just seems a little cluttered.

I was thinking maybe cleanup the epg a little by doing away with the icons, but not doing away with them completely just a couple of them (like watched and first run). Leave the manual recording and show fav's, to show which ones that are sceduled to be recorded. But my idea is to show the icons at the bottom of the guide in the program info when you highlight a show. Anyone else think this may be a good idea?? idk if it can even be done just thought it would be a good suggestion. It would pretty much look like (format) hitting "info" while watching a recording on the osd.

Miller
Old 07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

MovieTimes menu

Ok so I've used the MovieTimes plug in and got it partially (still cannot view trailers with mplayer) working but how do I move MovieTimes menu from under My Menu to a new entry under My Videos?

Thanks.

AWS

Great job on 6.7!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

AWS,

In the SageMC Options menu (under Settings/Detailed Settings/Advanced/SageMC Options) select 'menus' (I think) and find the Custom1 selection. Change the Custom1 name to 'Movie Times', or whatever you want. Then the next selection down is the place where you select the screen/command to attach to the Custom1 menu. Choose the MovieTimes screen. Now return to the main menu and open the options menu. Scroll down and enable the Custom1 menu item. Exit the options menu and you should be good to go. Hopefully I got that all right. I'm working from memory. Good luck.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Looks like he wants it in My Videos, which is more complicated. I personally like using the new custom menus that are available.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great!

Mike and geogecko
Thanks. After I just now upgraded to 6.7 I noticed the new Custom Menu 1-3 options... This is a good start to having it else where besides in My Menu. Thanks for the help.

AWS
(Aaron)
Old 07-12-2006, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks like he wants it in My Videos, which is more complicated. I personally like using the new custom menus that are available.
Oops, sorry. Missed that. Please disregard.

Mike

Edit: I'm glad it was still a bit helpful. Note to self....Read before you type.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 07-12-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

next step...

Ok so now I have a "My Theaters" menu item on my main menu - how do I bind a graphic that rolls in from the right to it? Like the scrolling graphics on the default menuitems?

AWS
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, I wondered how long it would take before someone asked about that! That's where flachbar comes in.

BTW, Very nice job on making the icons in the guide normal again. LOOKS PERFECT now! I like all the stuff you added to the "info" text on the settings menu. Makes it real easy to see what versions of EVERYTHING you are running.

Hey, there's already a radio icon that could be used, at least, in the Razor theme!!!

I guess the only bad thing, is that he would have to bind it to one of the custom menu options, and since not everyone is using each for the same thing, it wouldn't make since to bind a picture, like the radio, to custom2, because, say I use MovieTimes as Custom2...see what I mean? I guess it would have to be done on an individual basis...unless there is some trick up flachbar's sleave?

By the way, where did the name flachbar come from?
Attached Images
File Type: png hover_my radio.png (59.1 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by geogecko; 07-12-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread