SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Seriously? It shows any cover that I have named the same as the avi, and works under the other view types such as genre or group.
This is true, but the new feature to disable folders for single videos only checks for a folder.jpg. Not sure if it's easy to also include the other image file, but I'll have a look

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Yup, sure enough. I just changed one of my movies cover to folder.jpg to test and that did it. Man this is going to be painful. Maybe I'll figure out how to use one big group and forgo all the cover renaming changes. Sage is not the only frontend I use to acess my movies, and renaming all those would mean a huge change.
Don't worry, this won't be necessary, it'll be included in 6.3.4b

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Yeah!
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Sage Expert

So...ummm.how's the mouse control these days?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Upgraded to .4 a few minutes ago and all went well except one problem

My menu navigation is messed up.

First, any buttons that get highlighted never unhighlight. So, if I were in "My TV" and I begin moving down the list Live Tv, Recorded Tv, etc.. The buttons never dehighlight. After you reach the bottom it is impossible to see what icon you are using. Same applies for all menus except the main menu and the program guide.

Second, when I go to advanced settings, my sage reverts to the default UI look, but I can't get button highlighting to work at all for right-hand options. If I manage to select advanced then try to change STVs, The screen never clears and it overlays a broken screen that does not function. Text over text. Its all messed up..

Anyone else have these problems or have suggestions how to fix. All I did was an upgrade from 6.3.2b to 6.3.4a by replacing the files.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

what theme are you using?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Before the upgrade Was using foofraw, but after the upgrade it was using the default then I switched to the gray version.

I changed to glassy selection bars, and the main menu changed, but the background stayed the same as well as all internal menus.

Sounds like the themes are all messed up somehow.

I restarted the UI and now all screens have the glassy bars, but the background is still the default gray theme, and now the glossy bars cause the "stays highlighted" bug, but this time they stay glossy..

Sigh...

Edit: I'm going to download the FULL install this time. Its possible upgrading from the version I did does not work with the upgrade version.. I hope..

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 10-01-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

No luck.

Even after setting to the default V3 UI then reinstalling MC using the full install download the graphics are all still messed up. It seems to be in a state between wanting to use the new theme system, and still trying to use the old theme folders. If I remove the Images folder alot of the graphics disappear, even though the new theme system should not be using this folder.

If I use the full install, do you still need to use the old MC_5 base installation first? its possible this got corrupt?

Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
In the "Program Info" screen, bring up the options menu (Options command or 'ESC' on the keyboard), and select IMDB Search. If there are multiple matching results, you'll see a result table from which you can choose from, otherwise it'll go to the IMDB info screen straight away.

Dirk
Thank you!
I never did think about the option button which I have added on my remote but never had to use it unitl now.

Got the correct image on it now!

Thanks again.
Bill
Old 10-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I tried deleting my client.properties file and this time sage is recognizing the themes properly, but the buttons still refuse to highlight. Very frustrating.

Anyone else using the new version having this problem?

Edit:

Hmm, I guess I have just upgraded one too many times and it simply won't work. Time to do a fresh sage install tomorrow after work. 2 questions before I do that though.

1) Does anyone have .4a working successfully?
2) I don't want to keep any additional settings on this fresh install besides channel selection, recording info, and stuff such as placeshifter registration. I know I need to backup the wiz.bin, I am just afraid that corrupt sage.properties and sageclient.properties files are adding to this mess, so fresh versions would be nice. Would it be cool to use the same wiz.bin with 2 fresh .properties files?

Thanks.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 10-01-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
Hmm, I guess I have just upgraded one too many times and it simply won't work. Time to do a fresh sage install tomorrow after work. 2 questions before I do that though.

6.3.4a seems to be working for almost everyone.
Before you go through the hassle of a full reinstall, try the following:

- make a backup of your SageTV directories on client and server
- shut down the SageUI on the client, and shut down the server
- remove the SageClient.properties file and all property files in the "Client" directory on the server (you want to keep your Sage.properties file to retain your tuner settings etc)
- remove the SageMCE folder on client and server
- extract the full 6.3.4 install package on your client and server
- start up the server and client, it should load the default STV
- load the 6.3.4a SageMC STV on your client and on your MVPs

Dirk
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Just a few quick questions :

There are two STVi that I use and love.

autoaspectratio - this is a must have for me. I imported it on top of 6.3.4a and sage no longer loads the GUI. Is this on anyones radar?

tweider's enhancements - they make things so nice.

SO - neilm and tweider - please please please
Sorry for the long absence - I've had some health & work issues that have dragged me away.
Looks like darn near every one of my 'enhancements' are now built into this new release (Nice work Flachbar!). Only things I' see to put up are the thumbnails and one or two other small changes I made for WAF. Hopefully I will be up to some coding (at home) this weekend.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It's not that hard to do. I think A few versions back it might have had some issues, but I haven't had any in a looong time. It's very easy to setup and customize. The only issues I ever had is that it was trying to load the wrong file for the menus once. I have switched between the normal and dynamic many times in the past without issues as well. Just backup your Sage directory and give it a whirl. If it screws up just roll-back to the backup.
Thanks, it appears I had played with it before, as there were some things already setup for me, unless there was a template already setup. Looks and works good, finally got away from the "My" everything, which was starting to annoy me.

Now I guess I got to sit around here and wait until I can get the Liquid Theme back... I missed you guys!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
First, any buttons that get highlighted never unhighlight.
Same things happening here.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI, the Google Calendar plugin has been updated in the downloads section.

I also have finished the new liquid theme update as well. I will make it available as soon as I figure out where to host it. It will include both HD and SD variants in blue, black and grey variants. Unfortunately it exceeds the size limit to host them directly in the Downloads section.

The toolbar plugin is on my agenda for tomorrow night.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
6.3.4a seems to be working for almost everyone.
Before you go through the hassle of a full reinstall, try the following:
Dirk
Ill give that a shot when I get home. Thanks alot. I had a feeling it was all on my end since I never seem to have problems with MC.

If I could put my finger on it, it almost feels like the old version of MC and the new one are trying to run at the same time as odd as that sounds.

I feel silly. I usually backup my sage folder during upgrades but got a bit hasty this time. Serves me right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc View Post
Same things happening here.
Oh, so I wasn't the only one. Interesting... What version of MC did you upgrade from?

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 10-02-2007 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Sage Icon

Cool, sounds good Mike.

If you need a place to serve it, at least, for a while, I could put it on my site. I don't plan on having it go away any time soon, it would just be how much bandwidth it required. It's an option for the short term, if you like, just let me know, and I'll PM the address to send it to. Or if it's too large, I can probably set you up with an FTP account.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi, first I'd like to say great work on the update

Is there any way to reduce the width of the guide channel number & image, I've attached a screen shot which will proberly explain a lot more than I can with words. As you can see there is a massive gap between the channel number and channel image.

Cheers

jaminben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide_2.jpg (69.4 KB, 236 views)
Old 10-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn View Post
So...ummm.how's the mouse control these days?
I'm happy to say that mouse control is superb these days. Just import the excellent Toolbar stv from here.

You might want to hold off for a few days until an update for 6.3.4a is provided (see above).

Here's a pic;

Mick.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Oh, so I wasn't the only one. Interesting... What version of MC did you upgrade from?
me too
when i go to sagemc's Global UI options, the value for core animations is not here!
i looked at the debug file and found :
mar. 10/2 20:41:54.595 Parsing Error: Unexpected ")" at column 26.

Expression: AreCoreAnimationsEnabled()

sagetv6.1.9.135; java 1.6.0_02 and sagemc 6.3.4a default theme
previous version sagemc 6.3.3c and java 1.5
Closed Thread