SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
Ok so now I have a "My Theaters" menu item on my main menu - how do I bind a graphic that rolls in from the right to it? Like the scrolling graphics on the default menuitems?

AWS
Oops, forgot to mention this:

for Custom1, add a picture file hover_custom1.png to SageMC/Images, for Custom2 add hover_custom2.png, etc. But I just noticed that this only works with the "MCE style" menu, I'll try to fix this for the Sage style in the next version.

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

And...sure enough, he did...too fast for my editing!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
And...sure enough, he did...too fast for my editing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
But I just noticed that this only works with the "MCE style" menu, I'll try to fix this for the Sage style in the next version.
Ahh, what the heck ... If you re-download, you'll get a version in which the "Sage style" works too ...

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Hey, there's already a radio icon that could be used, at least, in the Razor theme!!!
Yeah, it simply has to be renamed ...

Quote:
By the way, where did the name flachbar come from?
Hehehe, "Flachbart" is actually my last name

It's german, and means literally translated "Flatbeard". This was the first login name I ever used (an 8 character UNIX account back in my university days), and since then I somehow always sticked with it ...

Btw, isn't it amazing that the forum sometimes transforms in some kind of chat program ?

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Dirk,

We wouldn't perhaps be able to use a similar hover_mymenu.png image for 'My Menu' would we? hint hint

Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ya'll rock. THANKS

P.S. got the trailers to work via MPlayer by disabling FSE.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hey Dirk,

We wouldn't perhaps be able to use a similar hover_mymenu.png image for 'My Menu' would we? hint hint

Mike
Actually, you are already able to use a graphic for "My Menu" - use an image file named "hover_my explorer.png". Dont ask me why "my explorer", it was already in there ...

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Interesting background. My last name is german as well!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Hey so is mine.....as well as my first name. Heck my Mom is German!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:47 AM
SageTVaholic

My last name is Engelmann. So count me in too!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I guess the only bad thing, is that he would have to bind it to one of the custom menu options, and since not everyone is using each for the same thing, it wouldn't make since to bind a picture, like the radio, to custom2, because, say I use MovieTimes as Custom2...see what I mean? I guess it would have to be done on an individual basis...unless there is some trick up flachbar's sleave?
The trick would be to do as mlbdude did originally and hardcode the popular ones and leave Custom1, 2 etc to those less popular functions.

Just a thought.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Has anyone else noticed that when you are viewing a program, if you back out of it, to the previous menu, that the preview window changes to the TV icon that shows up when in the main menu next to "My TV," and then playback stops?

Is there a setting that is making this happen, such as the "Play Preview In Guide" or something?

Old 07-14-2006, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that when you are viewing a program, if you back out of it, to the previous menu, that the preview window changes to the TV icon that shows up when in the main menu next to "My TV," and then playback stops?
I'll look into it, must have screwed up something ...

Dirk
Old 07-14-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Is there a setting that is making this happen, such as the "Play Preview In Guide" or something?
Check your Video Menu Options, you might have "Display Video on Menus: Never" set ...

Dirk
Old 07-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Check your Video Menu Options, you might have "Display Video on Menus: Never" set ...

Dirk
I also had a problem with no video preview when I had "Video Menu Style" set to "background" instead of "window".
Old 07-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, a while back on another thread I stated that I didn't use SageMC and you mentioned that there had been a lot of improvements in your add-ons. and to give it another try.

Well, I gave it a try, and I'm still leaning to the default UI with nielm's plugins, but I figured I'd give you my observations. OK, here goes...

I liked having background video and found out that I had do view in window now. Got that fixed, but I found a "bug", it responds to PLAY and PAUSE fine, but doesn't work correctly with PLAY/PAUSE, ctrl+shift+s. It will pause the video in the window, but not restart it. Found more issues with PLAY/PAUSE, it will work while watching a show, but can't select a show from the menu, whereas PLAY can.

The delete prompts are not uniform, sometimes the Yes/no is stacked vertically, and sometimes it is horizontally. Also, I can't delete an entire folder of recordings at once. In the Stopped dialog box, there was no confirmation of the delete command, just deleted it. (edit: messed with SageMC some more and I guess that last one is OK as is)

While browsing the guide, I can't toggle favorite status on/off on a show. I can't see if a show is a favorite either, configurable setting? Watched and Don't Like toggles work fine, but not the Favorite toggle.

I read back into the thread and see that you don't have parallel recording schedules coded yet, I prefer that view.

Those were the main things I noticed right away. I use the stock UI with about 5 plugins to give me pretty much what I want. I get a kick out of all the PVR reviews that like Sage, but say "but the UI is just so plain and boring" So?!?!, I don't really care about the looks of the UI, it is just a matter of having the functionability and ease of use.

Last edited by ke6guj; 07-15-2006 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
Wonder how that got changed?! Thanks for the tip...
Old 07-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for Stop Popup menu fix in 6.7 Dirk, just loaded it up and my MVP now plays very happily .
Old 07-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Those were the main things I noticed right away. I use the stock UI with about 5 plugins to give me pretty much what I want. I get a kick out of all the PVR reviews that like Sage, but say "but the UI is just so plain and boring" So?!?!, I don't really care about the looks of the UI, it is just a matter of having the functionability and ease of use.
Sounds like you've got everything working the way you want and you don't care about the UI. Why are you contemplating switching to MC then? If it ain't broke...
Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Sounds like you've got everything working the way you want and you don't care about the UI. Why are you contemplating switching to MC then? If it ain't broke...
I'm am open to a switch to MC if I can get used to it, and if I feel that it gives me more functionality than a modified stock STV. I was just saying that the looks of the UI wasnt the most important thing to me. All the eye candy in the world doesn't help if the functionality isn't there. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying that it is crap, it's not, mlbdude and flachbar have combined to make a great replacement UI.

I have been using MC full time for a couple days and have been getting more comfortable with it. There are just some things that just don't work right, or are not uniform in different areas. For instance, in the "MY TV" menus, in order to select a recording or go into a folder, you have to select it, you can't right arrow into it. However, in the "My Videos" menus, you can right arrow into a recording or folder.

I'm not trying to be demanding or anything, I'm just used to the stock UI, and see some small things that may be missing from MC that are in the stock UI. Items that, if fixed or added, would make switching between MC and the stock UI easier. So, that switching to MC to gain new functionalilty and a prettier UI would not require learning an entire new way of using Sage.
Closed Thread