SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post

Nope, hasn't been overlooked

Dirk
Sweet, I guess that means your looking into it.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but here goes anyway, when using the movie screen and you want to use the shortcut tab it doesnt display properly and appears beneath the picture icons where it should I think appear over the top of the picture icons. I've attached an image so you can see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (210.4 KB, 284 views)
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Sage User

I have been using this STV for quite some time now, up to now it worked great. Last week I have upgraded to the latest version of this stv and SageTV. Unfortunately I am running into a problem with music import.

When using the original STV everything is working oke, but when using the SageMC STV numbers are presented like albums when the filter is Album sorted by Artist. My tag's are 100% oke, so this couldn't be the problem.
The mp3's and wma's are installed on a network drive on the server.

When music is imported it takes very much time for the wiz.bin to load. It looks like it is trying to update the music folder everytime the sagetv service is started.

I did a full deinstall of SageTV and removed all files except of course the wiz.bin. This didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Feature request

Hey Dirk, just wondering if you could add another sort option to the mix for recorded TV. That being to sort by episode number. Maybe its already there and I missed it. If not, it would be a nice addition, so that when you drill down into a folder of recorded episodes of a certain show, you could sort them by their episode number (forward and reverse).
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Hey Dirk, just wondering if you could add another sort option to the mix for recorded TV. That being to sort by episode number. Maybe its already there and I missed it. If not, it would be a nice addition, so that when you drill down into a folder of recorded episodes of a certain show, you could sort them by their episode number (forward and reverse).
Where are you getting the episode numbers from?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
I know this is sinful to say, but jump back to the default STV, and you can sort your series by episode number. Most recently for me, was "The War" series on PBS. 7 episodes, 0001 through 0007. I find that most all of my series recordings have episode numbers, although sometimes they are incorrect. Case in point: Smart Travels Europe. When this series would record from HDnet or PBS HD, episode numbers would be correct, but if I recorded from Equator HD (part of Voom on E*) they would screw up the episode numbers.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know this is sinful to say, but jump back to the default STV, and you can sort your series by episode number. Most recently for me, was "The War" series on PBS. 7 episodes, 0001 through 0007. I find that most all of my series recordings have episode numbers, although sometimes they are incorrect. Case in point: Smart Travels Europe. When this series would record from HDnet or PBS HD, episode numbers would be correct, but if I recorded from Equator HD (part of Voom on E*) they would screw up the episode numbers.
Why don't you use OriginalAiringDate ? I don't think this ever failed on me...

Dirk
Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
Hmm, dont recall having that option in the sort? Guess I need to look again.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm, dont recall having that option in the sort? Guess I need to look again.
That's the one I use, to make sure I watch things in order.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
I use this too, but it is always in reverse from the bottom up, can we swap that?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I use this too, but it is always in reverse from the bottom up, can we swap that?
Sure you can
When the 'Sort by Orig" button is focused, bring up the options menu, and you can select the sort order...

Dirk
Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

I lost my SageMC user manual, has anyone seen it laying around? LOL.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Back to SageMC

When I go to the Settings Menu then Detailed Setup on Sagemc using placeshifter, there is a Back to SageMC button. I do not get this when using the Client on a Server PC. It staus in the sage default STV. Is there a setting for this anywhere?

Nevermind..I increased the font size a while ago and forgot about it. It was just off the screen. Everything is working great.

Last edited by banmj; 10-09-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: solved
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcclung View Post
I upgraded to 6.2 last night and all is well so far except for one thing. Now when I go to My Videos no matter what combination I choose (File System, View By Folder) etc. It no longer keeps the files nested in their respective folders. IE: prior to the upgrade I had each video in it's own folder with it's own thumbnail. Some folders like "TV Shows" had multiple folder inside of them like "South Park" with files inside. Now all the files immediately show up when I go to My Videos and it is only like this inside of the SageMC theme. Everything works fine with the default theme. Any help is appreciated.
Odd, I saw somehow you got this fixed by doing an upgrade but I am having the exact same issue. Folders are OK in the default STV, but in the SageMC STV almost all imported videos are dropped in the root display severally causing dis-organization. Any other ideas that would cause view as "file system" to ignore the file system folders and just display all the videos in one page? Running latest SagemC 6.3.4a and latest Sage release.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sure you can
When the 'Sort by Orig" button is focused, bring up the options menu, and you can select the sort order...

Dirk
Your kidding me right? That's has been there the whole time! I'm such a goober
Old 10-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage User

I have been working on the problem below.
When importing mp3 files everything is working oke, but as soon as WMA files are used it doesn't. When using WMA files songs are presented like albums, but the album is shown also.
If WMA files are imported loading SageTV or SageService does take very much time. I made a bug report with sagesupport, but hopefully some of you can help me also.
WMA import has been working in previous versions of SageTV and SageMC.

Regards,
Olaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen View Post
I have been using this STV for quite some time now, up to now it worked great. Last week I have upgraded to the latest version of this stv and SageTV. Unfortunately I am running into a problem with music import.

When using the original STV everything is working oke, but when using the SageMC STV numbers are presented like albums when the filter is Album sorted by Artist. My tag's are 100% oke, so this couldn't be the problem.
The mp3's and wma's are installed on a network drive on the server.

When music is imported it takes very much time for the wiz.bin to load. It looks like it is trying to update the music folder everytime the sagetv service is started.

I did a full deinstall of SageTV and removed all files except of course the wiz.bin. This didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone View Post
Odd, I saw somehow you got this fixed by doing an upgrade but I am having the exact same issue. Folders are OK in the default STV, but in the SageMC STV almost all imported videos are dropped in the root display severally causing dis-organization. Any other ideas that would cause view as "file system" to ignore the file system folders and just display all the videos in one page? Running latest SagemC 6.3.4a and latest Sage release.

Thanks!
I did have the same issues last week after having upgraded SageTV. It was all ok in the default UI, but displayed like a flat file in SageMC. Upgrading to latest SageMC did resolve it for me.

I did after the upgrade remove all directories, ensured my video's display was empty, and than re-assigned the video directories (and a new scan).

Jan
Old 10-09-2007, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Your kidding me right? That's has been there the whole time! I'm such a goober
Yep, pretty much since the beginning when I added the 'Sort by Orig' But hey, I admit it's not that easy when there's so little documentation...

Dirk
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

VISTA and save Dynamic Menu

If I change my menu and try to save it, I get an error. This has been so since I use VISTA (did not use this Dynamic Menu before). I expected it to be something to do with the VISTA security (can't change a file under Program Files), but even if I try to save it at another location, it does not work. So maybe not a VISTA issue.

So for now I change directly in the .xml file.

Q1: the error message tells me to look in the log file for more info, is there a special log file for menu errors or must Sage logging be enabled?

Q2: anybodye else using VISTA having this problem (and maybe resolved it)?

Jan
Old 10-09-2007, 06:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The "normal" method for getting episode numbers for recorded TV it to use the last 4 digits of the SageTV episode #. At least that is how it was done in the Malore menus I ported to SageMC.
Closed Thread