SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Everyone!

FYI, the Liquid Theme has been updated to support the new features in SageMC v6.3.5.

New features for v2.1 Include:

Themes now use parent themes for duplicate graphics.
Added screen-specific backgrounds
Added support for new guide coloring technique

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Great work

Thankyou
Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks guys.

Just one question. There appears to be two STV files, and I was wondering what the difference between the two are?

SageMC_169.xml
SageTV3-sagemc.xml
Old 10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
SageTV3-sagemc.xml
I think thats the one that gets loaded when you go into "detailed setup" from SageMC?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I think thats the one that gets loaded when you go into "detailed setup" from SageMC?
Yup, that's the one.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Probs with Comskip

Guys wondering if someone could give me a help, im using the SageMC stv, and im trying to get the comskip feature to work, Ive managed to get the latest .exe and .ini of comskip (.5 as of this writing). For some reason the commercials are being marked wrong, but still if I run comskip outside sage, and check the frame selection with the debug picture it generates, the frames do match where the commercials starts. The comskip.ini has all the default values (no tweaking) and generates the .txt, but sage is malinterpreting the frames (sources are mpeg2 recorded via Network Encoder, but still i dont think this would be the problem since comskip does do the selection correctly as shown on the debug screen when ran manually). Any idea what I missed configuring??

Thanks!
- Jabroni

Old 10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Guys wondering if someone could give me a help, im using the SageMC stv, and im trying to get the comskip feature to work, Ive managed to get the latest .exe and .ini of comskip (.5 as of this writing). For some reason the commercials are being marked wrong, but still if I run comskip outside sage, and check the frame selection with the debug picture it generates, the frames do match where the commercials starts. The comskip.ini has all the default values (no tweaking) and generates the .txt, but sage is malinterpreting the frames (sources are mpeg2 recorded via Network Encoder, but still i dont think this would be the problem since comskip does do the selection correctly as shown on the debug screen when ran manually). Any idea what I missed configuring??

Thanks!
- Jabroni
Try generating .edl files insteas of .txt files. They are much more accurate within SageTV. This is because the .txt files use the time for the commercial breaks and the .edl use the frame number. There are issues with using the time because the frame number must be calculated using the frame rate of the video. This has historically been problematic. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Try generating .edl files insteas of .txt files. They are much more accurate within SageTV. This is because the .txt files use the time for the commercial breaks and the .edl use the frame number. There are issues with using the time because the frame number must be calculated using the frame rate of the video. This has historically been problematic. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

Thats a fast and helpfull reply I just changed to EDL.. and seems its working great now

Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

On 6.3.5, I'm seeing that the size of the file is not being displayed properly. It consistently says 0.0Gb. Have I got something wrong?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Somewhere along the way the back button on my mouse stopped working. Is there a way to re-enabled that?

Thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
Somewhere along the way the back button on my mouse stopped working. Is there a way to re-enabled that?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure it still works for me. Does it work for you in the default STV?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-14-2007, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
On 6.3.5, I'm seeing that the size of the file is not being displayed properly. It consistently says 0.0Gb. Have I got something wrong?
Yep, didn't catch this... The attached STV fixes the problem.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169.zip (394.8 KB, 246 views)
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'm pretty sure it still works for me. Does it work for you in the default STV?

Aloha,
Mike
Hmm. Well its not working on the default SageTV STV either. But, I installed the upgrade recently on two machines and the back button on the mouse stopped working for both of them.

Any ideas? Is there some setting somewhere?

-M
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Just one question. There appears to be two STV files, and I was wondering what the difference between the two are?

SageMC_169.xml
SageTV3-sagemc.xml
Hmm...I was using SageMC_169.xml. When I load SageTV3-sagemc.xml, I get stuck in the menu, with no way out of it... I load SageMC_169 back, and it's fine...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm...I was using SageMC_169.xml. When I load SageTV3-sagemc.xml, I get stuck in the menu, with no way out of it... I load SageMC_169 back, and it's fine...
Hi Jason,

This is by design. You are only supposed to access the SageTV3-sagemc.xml through 'Detailed Setup' in SageMC. Exiting the setup screen will return you to SageMC.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Jason,

you don't have to load "SageTV3-sagemc.xml" manually. When you select 'Detailed Setup' in SageMC, it loads this STV automatically, and once you are done with the setup you can return to SageMC by pressing 'Left', 'Home', or the 'Back to SageMC' button. The SageTV3-sagemc.xml STV is basically a slightly modified default STV that takes you immediately to the setup menu, and is only used internally.

Dirk
Old 10-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

The Stop/Play bug is fixed! Great job!

But .. I found another bug 8-/

I was going to submit it when I got back from my business trip thinking I would get it posted before you release the next update however seem I was a bit late.

Ok the bug which is reproducable on my SageMC, when your recorded show you are watching ends and it will popup a SageMC menu "Stop/Restart/Delete/Send to Archive" so I press skip rewind to go back 10 second because there may be something I want to see at the very last part before that menu came up blocking the view and it would go back 10 second of the last part of the show but sometime the video is all black with sound working.

Also the menu does not come back again if you press skip rewind and the show ends second time this part doesn't bother me but it the black video that I found annoying.

Only way for me to get out of the black video is to go play another recorded show and come back to the recorded show that blacked out.

Bill
Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the update - the sagemc slim player doesn't seem to work anymore however.. (at least it doesn't show up in the menu after importing the slimplayer_sagemc_import.xml STVi)
Old 10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, thanks Mike and Dirk. I guess I was confused, because I had the previous version installed, 6.3.4a, and it had it's own "version" xml file name. So when I installed 6.3.5, I had to select something, so I selected SageMC_169.xml. So from what I gather by what you have said, if "Detailed Settings" is chosen within SageMC, it automatically brings you into SageTV3-sagemc.xml, then when you get out of detailed setup, it brings you back to SageMC_169.xml again...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, thanks Mike and Dirk. I guess I was confused, because I had the previous version installed, 6.3.4a, and it had it's own "version" xml file name. So when I installed 6.3.5, I had to select something, so I selected SageMC_169.xml. So from what I gather by what you have said, if "Detailed Settings" is chosen within SageMC, it automatically brings you into SageTV3-sagemc.xml, then when you get out of detailed setup, it brings you back to SageMC_169.xml again...
That is correct.
Closed Thread