SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
The video library fix is working great for visuals, but there seems to be function issues.

I have to select an item 3 times to get it to play.

Once to open the 'folder' showing only the one item.
Second brings me to the details,
then 3 I can select play.

Can I skip step two and go straight to details and can I just press play to play it without going into the details?
Makes sense. I'll check what I can do...

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Old 10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
Is there any way to assign a logo file (XYZ_LOGO.png) to a custom sub menu?

For example, I have a sub menu named "Information", but can't find a way to get a graphic title displayed. I tried creating "information_logo.png" but it didn't work.

I'm not adverse to editing XML files.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nope, unfortunately there is no way to do that...

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Jason,

The intent was that the first setting enable/disable all guide coloring and the second just toggle between the old and new methods when guide coloring is enabled. Hope that makes sense. I can see now where this could be confusing. Sorry about that.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,

That makes since, the "help" text that is shown when these items are selected are misleading. So, instead of the first one enabling the old method, it should say "guide coloring" with selections for enabled/disabled. The second option should be "guide coloring method" with selections for old/new.

Anyway, just a couple of cents worth from me trying to make life easier...I guess on myself...LOL.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
The Stop/Play bug is fixed! Great job!

But .. I found another bug 8-/

I was going to submit it when I got back from my business trip thinking I would get it posted before you release the next update however seem I was a bit late.

Ok the bug which is reproducable on my SageMC, when your recorded show you are watching ends and it will popup a SageMC menu "Stop/Restart/Delete/Send to Archive" so I press skip rewind to go back 10 second because there may be something I want to see at the very last part before that menu came up blocking the view and it would go back 10 second of the last part of the show but sometime the video is all black with sound working.

Also the menu does not come back again if you press skip rewind and the show ends second time this part doesn't bother me but it the black video that I found annoying.

Only way for me to get out of the black video is to go play another recorded show and come back to the recorded show that blacked out.

Bill
I spent quite some time on this yesterday, and I come to believe that it's ultimately a problem with the Sage Mediaplayer not being able to continue normally once the end of file has been reached (this functionality is probably missing from the default STV for a reason...). So unless someone can prove my guess wrong I'll probably have to remove this feature again.

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Possibly delete the background path while in 6.3.4a, and then try .5?
There is no background specified. I removed it in the sageclient.properties to be sure.

Quote:
Can you enable debug logging and check if there are any errors in the debug log ?
I'll do that.

Quote:
Did you actually get to switch to the v6.3.5 STV? Try closing your client, opening your sageclient.properties and change the STV to be loaded to SageMC_169.xml and see if that helps. I saw the same thing when I updated my client last night and I think that is what I had to do.
Mike - It is definitely the 6.3.5 STV. I even whacked the properties file and then updated and same problems.

Don't know if this will help, but when I first loaded the 6.3.5 STV, the background was a giant yellow folder icon. I thought that was strange. I was able to reload the theme even though I couldn't see the dialog, and then I got the background at least.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
The video library fix is working great for visuals, but there seems to be function issues.

I have to select an item 3 times to get it to play.

Once to open the 'folder' showing only the one item.
Second brings me to the details,
then 3 I can select play.

Can I skip step two and go straight to details and can I just press play to play it without going into the details?
Hi Karl,

I just had a look at this, and am a bit stumped... When I select a video folder with a single file in it, it takes me directly to the Detail screen (so that makes 2 steps for me instead of 3). And I can even press "Play" on the folder itself and it starts playback of the file (that makes 1 step for me). Strange that it seems to behave differently for you...

Dirk
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Karl,

I just had a look at this, and am a bit stumped... When I select a video folder with a single file in it, it takes me directly to the Detail screen (so that makes 2 steps for me instead of 3). And I can even press "Play" on the folder itself and it starts playback of the file (that makes 1 step for me). Strange that it seems to behave differently for you...

Dirk
Same thing is happening to me..it is taking me 3 steps...It was also happening in 6.34 as well...I remember looking in the Video Library section in Studio...Somewhere I changed a setting from false to true and Bam!! I was selecting videos in 2 steps...I just tried to find the same setting...just don't remember which one....
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Sage Expert

Well, all is solved. I decided to nuke the SageTV Client install and start clean.

All themes now load as expected and, as a bonus, the interface is way snappier. Quite pleased.

Dirk this release looks great. Thanks for all of the help.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton22 View Post
I recorded a football game yesterday that was 3hr 30 min but I padded it at the end by an hour. With sagemc 6.3.5 I do see the padded section in the time bar (thank you for this feature) but the total length of time for the time bar is displayed as 3:30:00 instead of 4:30:00. Any chance you could change the displayed length to also reflect the padding?

Another idea for the time bar....it would be cool if there was an option to have the timebar display the start time and end time in terms of the time of the day the show was recorded. So for my football game the start time was 1:00pm and the end time was 4:30pm (5:30pm with padding). You'd then need a third timer on the time bar display to show the time for your current position in the show. Just an idea...
Something else I noticed tonight is that the commercial markings are not being displayed in the time bar for the padded portion of the recording.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

MP3 and Skipping a track

I just hooked up my MVP to my stereo downstairs and I was just wondering why I can't skip a MP4 track on my MVP with the >>| skip a track button( It skips forward 20 sec). It works fine on the client. In the now playing I can select the button and hit enter on the MVP remote and it skips but I find it cumbersome. Is it a STV issue or a MVP issue?

Thanks

Technazz
Old 10-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton22 View Post
I recorded a football game yesterday that was 3hr 30 min but I padded it at the end by an hour. With sagemc 6.3.5 I do see the padded section in the time bar (thank you for this feature) but the total length of time for the time bar is displayed as 3:30:00 instead of 4:30:00. Any chance you could change the displayed length to also reflect the padding?

Another idea for the time bar....it would be cool if there was an option to have the timebar display the start time and end time in terms of the time of the day the show was recorded. So for my football game the start time was 1:00pm and the end time was 4:30pm (5:30pm with padding). You'd then need a third timer on the time bar display to show the time for your current position in the show. Just an idea...
On the time bar displaying the total length padding included or not, if changed than best with a property to select padding included or not. Some may prefer to see the actual show time without the padding. E.g., I have default padding 5 min in front and 15 min at end. If I record a movie that takes 1h30, I prefer to see the actual movie time - giving me an indication how long the movie takes (so I can decide if I can still see it that evening or not). I would have of course a visual presentation of the padding on the time bar.
I'm aware this is a personal feeling, and it may differ person to person. So a property setting looks to me the best approach (makes everybody happy ).

Regarding the display of time recorded (start/end), that could thus only be given for shows still in the recorded list. Once moved out, or imported video's, do not have that data available (anymore).

Jan
Old 10-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does SageMC support NTE search

I admit I havent been following the thousands of posts here.
A quick question, that will enable (or not ) me to use SageMC.

Does it suport NTE search (searching using the numbers).
This is the most important issue I still have with SageMC and I would realty love to see it resolved.

So can I start an upgrade to SageMC????
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22
Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post

This is the most important issue I still have with SageMC and I would realty love to see it resolved.

Yes!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24 View Post

Yes!
Well, just to be clear: NTE Input - yes, but NTE Filtering - nope sorry...

Dirk
Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I just hooked up my MVP to my stereo downstairs and I was just wondering why I can't skip a MP4 track on my MVP with the >>| skip a track button( It skips forward 20 sec). It works fine on the client. In the now playing I can select the button and hit enter on the MVP remote and it skips but I find it cumbersome. Is it a STV issue or a MVP issue?

Thanks

Technazz
Does, by any chance, the Ch+/Ch- button change the track? I noticed the same behavior for playing DVDs where >>| would FF, not skip.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
What's the difference, pardon my ignorance.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
What's the difference, pardon my ignorance.
Regular NTE input requires pressing a number N times to get to the exact letter you want -- to enter "the", type "84433".

One touch NTE filtering matches everything that could be spelled by the numbers you enter. To search for "the", type "843" & that will find everything that has "the" or whatever else can be spelled with those numbers. It is sort of like predictive text input on a phone, except that it searches for all matches instead of using some look-up table to predict what you are trying to type.

There is also list filtering... normally, pressing 8 would jump to the section of a music browser list that starts with 't', but everyting would still be listed. Using quick filtering, I can enter numbers to filter what the list shows -- if I want to look for "Talking Heads" in a list of artists, I just start entering "8255" etc until the list filters down to include just what I'm looking for.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

Cool, so does that functionality exist with the default STV or something? I've never noticed that before, if it does.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Cool, so does that functionality exist with the default STV or something?
Yes, it is part of the hidden extras & was added for v6.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Closed Thread