SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJohnson View Post
I tried this on a fresh machine that hasn't seen Sage. Here is what I did:

Run setup from the current Sage trial download, went through the Sage install, the Java install, then rebooted. Opened Sage, went through the initial setup screens, then closed it. I extracted the SageMC16x9 zip, and navigated to the Program Files\Sage\Sage directory for "Extract to".

I opened Sage, went to the advanced settings and loaded the Sagemc169.xml which was listed along with SageTv3 and SageTV3MC. The UI then changed to white type over black with the same inability to refresh the screen between menus, piling them on top of each other instead.

I did notice that if I go to themes, there are non listed even though there are several folders for themes in the SageMCE sub directory.

Ian

Did you install Java 1.6? I'm not sure which version of Java ships with Sagetv now but it used to be 1.4. And I believe 1.6 is required for the latest version of SageMC.

Miller
Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
You also need to make sure you have the full base package installed

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...d=141&act=down
Old 11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage User

Looks like there might be two problems here. Sage's "Free Download" link is for Sage 6.2 rather than 6.3.5 and it installs Java 1.4. I was thinking the latest Sage version would have the latest Java, but it seems what I got wasn't the latest of either.

I'll try these again at lunch, and most likely will succeed this time.

Ian
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looks like there might be two problems here. Sage's "Free Download" link is for Sage 6.2 rather than 6.3.5 and it installs Java 1.4. I was thinking the latest Sage version would have the latest Java, but it seems what I got wasn't the latest of either.

I'll try these again at lunch, and most likely will succeed this time.

Ian
6.3.5 is the version of SageMC not Sage. SageMC is not on the "Free Download" link. It is available in the Downloads portion of this forum.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I tried this on a fresh machine that hasn't seen Sage. Here is what I did:

Run setup from the current Sage trial download, went through the Sage install, the Java install, then rebooted. Opened Sage, went through the initial setup screens, then closed it. I extracted the SageMC16x9 zip, and navigated to the Program Files\Sage\Sage directory for "Extract to".

I opened Sage, went to the advanced settings and loaded the Sagemc169.xml which was listed along with SageTv3 and SageTV3MC. The UI then changed to white type over black with the same inability to refresh the screen between menus, piling them on top of each other instead.

I did notice that if I go to themes, there are non listed even though there are several folders for themes in the SageMCE sub directory.

Ian

I am sure it probably a typo but the default directories for SageTV is actually Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Is java at version 1.6?

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

SageMC16x9 and Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW

I prefer the SageMC16x9 STV over the standard Sage install, but I need to have true fast forward/rewind. From what I can tell, the Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW by nielm doesn't work with SageMC16x9.

Am I correct that nielm's ff/rew plugin doesn't work with SageMC? If not are there plans to add support for it?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Sage Expert

Is the adjustable aspect ratio gone in the new 6.3 beta? When I try to bringup the options menu from SageMC to toggle the aspect ratio on an import video, the aspect button brings up a blank box. I checked the default STV, and I don't even see an option to change the aspect ratio.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Is the adjustable aspect ratio gone in the new 6.3 beta? When I try to bringup the options menu from SageMC to toggle the aspect ratio on an import video, the aspect button brings up a blank box.
I just updated to SageTV6.3.3 last night and the aspect ratio button works properly in SageMC6.3.5.

Quote:
I checked the default STV, and I don't even see an option to change the aspect ratio.
Just checked, and Aspect Ratio Mode is changable in the popup options menu.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Sage Expert

I found it does work like it used to on the placeshifter and server, it is on the MVP that it does not show up.

I found this in the changes for 6.3:

"6. Changed conditionals to show Aspect Ratio Mode option in Detailed Setup & the OSD options menu to depend on whether there are aspect ratio modes to choose from."

So i am guessing that the "conditionals" on the MVP does not allow aspect changes..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just did an upgrade-in-place to 6.3.5, and I updated Java to 1.6. Popup displays are not working now. For example:

- Clicking the "X" does not display the Sleep/Power Off menu
- Time scroll does not bring up the progress bar
- Hitting stop does not bring up the restart/delete menu

The missing UI items are there, I can navigate them blindly, they just aren't being drawn.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Sage Expert

I have found that some of the animation settings have caused issues with certain popups and sections to not display correctly, especially with the MVP. I would start by turning all of the animation settings off and if everything starts working, turn one on at a time to see what will work...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Sage Expert

6.3.5 change log?

I noticed many people are using 6.3.5 but the first page of this thread does not have a change log of what has been updated. Where can I go to find what has changed in 6.3.5 and some of the most recent versions?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 12-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I noticed many people are using 6.3.5 but the first page of this thread does not have a change log of what has been updated. Where can I go to find what has changed in 6.3.5 and some of the most recent versions?
Put a link to this in your RSS reader to let you know when a new version is out. You'll also find the answer to your question there.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21435
Old 12-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Put a link to this in your RSS reader to let you know when a new version is out. You'll also find the answer to your question there.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21435
Awesome thanks!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The UI then changed to white type over black with the same inability to refresh the screen between menus, piling them on top of each other instead.

Ian
I had this issue, during a recent clean install of windows, when I updated Java to 1.6 this went away.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I prefer the SageMC16x9 STV over the standard Sage install, but I need to have true fast forward/rewind. From what I can tell, the Multi-speedContinuous FF/REW by nielm doesn't work with SageMC16x9.

Am I correct that nielm's ff/rew plugin doesn't work with SageMC? If not are there plans to add support for it?
Bump.
Anyone know of a way to get nielm's smooth ff/rw plugin to work with SageMC?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bump.
Anyone know of a way to get nielm's smooth ff/rw plugin to work with SageMC?
It requires someone to port it to SageMC.

I'll ask nielm if it is ok. As long he gives his permission, it should only take a couple of days get an import ready to post. I started playing with it over the weekend and I have it mostly working.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

I'll ask nielm if it is ok. As long he gives his permission, it should only take a couple of days get an import ready to post. I started playing with it over the weekend and I have it mostly working.

Aloha,
Mike
That would be a welcome addition to SageMC!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks Mike. This would make my SageMC experience even better. I appreciate your work on this!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Question for you Mike, what decoder are you using? I remember reading that the original plug-in worked with Sage's built-in decoder, and that if you were using PureVideo decoders, that it wouldn't work, or would require a lot of tweaking.