SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I just checked it with 6.7, it works absolutely fine here (I also have one tuner 1-99, and another one 1-999)

Dirk
Double-checked. 6.7 on a client. I have 4 tuners 1-99. channel number + enter = blank screen, no sound, tv and osd back on same channel. Could a import be causing this? Movie times, webradio, cpu monitor, caller ID and netflix are what I have loaded. Doesn't happen on the server-same imports.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 07-22-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm beginning to like SageMC more and more but there's one thing that's bugging me.
When using PlaceShifter, the sounds when going through the menus come from my TV set? The bleeps and wooshes don't come from the client machine, but from my TV...

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
I'm beginning to like SageMC more and more but there's one thing that's bugging me.
When using PlaceShifter, the sounds when going through the menus come from my TV set? The bleeps and wooshes don't come from the client machine, but from my TV...

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm not using placeshifter, so I can't say from experience, but where do you want them to come from? I assume the computer you're using Placeshifter on is connected to the tv, so don't you *want* the sound coming from the tv? I guess I should ask it this way - are the sounds coming from a different place than the sound on the recordings are? Cause I would assume they would naturally all come from the same place.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

No, I don't want them to come from the TV when I am using PlaceShifter.
PlaceShifter is on my laptop. Could be upstairs, could be in the garden.

My SageTV server is connected to the TV. So when my son is watching TeleTubbies and I am browsing for music or whatever on my laptop, the sounds are interrupting whatever he is watching
Old 07-22-2006, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc
No, I don't want them to come from the TV when I am using PlaceShifter.
PlaceShifter is on my laptop. Could be upstairs, could be in the garden.

My SageTV server is connected to the TV. So when my son is watching TeleTubbies and I am browsing for music or whatever on my laptop, the sounds are interrupting whatever he is watching
When using Placeshifter the STV code is executed on the server, and so are the sound effects. So jds23 is right, when using Placeshifter you should disable the menu sounds in the SageMC options...

Dirk
Old 07-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Seems PlaceShifter doesn't like SageMC (or the other way around )

I can't change themes on PlaceShifter. No matter which one I choose, it always comes back as blue 2
When in My Music, when I choose a song from view by album and then select a song, PlaceShifter just disappears. I have to restart it and it just doesn't let me select a song like this. When I use the Play button however, it starts the first song of the album okay.

Also sound from the webradio for MC plugin comes from my TV and not PlaceShifter
Old 07-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yes, "record series" should be showing up in the schedule of upcoming recordings, however, if you've just selected them, or changed some settings, it can take it a while before it actually shows up.
Think I just figured out what's going on. I just looked again at the schedule, and a couple of shows appeared that weren't there before, but not all of them. They're coming up in a couple of days. That reminded me - did I read somewhere about a 3-day limit or something to how far in advance Sage actually schedules? If so, I don't suppose this is modifiable is it?

Coming from Tivo and other set-top DVRs, I'm used to being able to see scheduled recordings as far in advance as the EPG goes. Anybody able to tell me why Sage would choose to only show the next couple of days?

Thanks...
Old 07-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

I believe this is the setting in your properties file. But, just remember, if you start having problems with something, changing this value could have done it.

The value appears to be in seconds, but then a divide of 1000 is needed to get it in days. In other words, take this number, /60, /60, /24, /1000. So if you want to put a new value in, take say, 7 days, *60, *60, *24, *1000 to get the value you enter here.

scheduling_lookahead=259200000
Old 07-22-2006, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
gplasky,

Did you check the setting that a replied about above a few posts? If that setting is not correct with the way you are applying channel changes, it will perform exactly as you state. Other than that, I use MT and WR with Sagemc, no problems with those.

EDIT: Settings>Detailed Setup>Advanced>SageMC 16x9 Options>Main>Previous Channel=DISABLED
You got me. Must of missed reading your post. Sure enough-previous channel was enabled. Don't know why-never use it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I believe this is the setting in your properties file. But, just remember, if you start having problems with something, changing this value could have done it.

The value appears to be in seconds, but then a divide of 1000 is needed to get it in days. In other words, take this number, /60, /60, /24, /1000. So if you want to put a new value in, take say, 7 days, *60, *60, *24, *1000 to get the value you enter here.

scheduling_lookahead=259200000
Sweet! Thanks for your continued help geogecko!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

Not a problem. It was funny that I thought building the HTPC (the PC) would be the hardest part about an HTPC, but it's really been all about software!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Is there a chance of getting a progress bar on shows being watched in recording library? that's one thing I miss from the original STV.
yes, there is ...
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Sage Icon

The HDTV icon appears to be getting cut off in the show details screen, both top and bottom, like it's too big or something. Anyone else notice?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
The HDTV icon appears to be getting cut off in the show details screen, both top and bottom, like it's too big or something. Anyone else notice?
After searching the .xml with studio I did find an instance of the HDTV icon that is not set to "Resize to fit". This is probably the one. It's under "Handle Conflict\Airing != null\Detail Panel\Untitled\Untitled\GetProperty("sagemc/hdtv_icons", true)\StringIndexOf(GetExtraAiringDetails(Airing),"HDTV") != -1\Untitled\Untitled"
Old 07-23-2006, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
After searching the .xml with studio I did find an instance of the HDTV icon that is not set to "Resize to fit". This is probably the one. It's under "Handle Conflict\Airing != null\Detail Panel\Untitled\Untitled\GetProperty("sagemc/hdtv_icons", true)\StringIndexOf(GetExtraAiringDetails(Airing),"HDTV") != -1\Untitled\Untitled"
Thanks guys for the heads-up, must have missed that one. I'll fix this in the next version

Dirk
Old 07-23-2006, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
WTG Gerry! Somehow in the latest 6.7 it is set to "ENABLED" by default (I believe) so I think that is why it got set for you without you ever using/changing it. Most people want that feature I believe, so it is probably good to have it that way, but at least we know where to go now to change it .
Actually it has been enabled by default since I included it into the SageMC options screen (6.4) Also note that the channel change even works with this feature enabled (I am using it myself), I simply input my channel numbers always with 3 digits without pressing select. Same amount of remote button presses for most of the channels (> 9)

Dirk
Old 07-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Have a question regarding the preview window. In the previous version I use to be able to go to a menu and whatever I was watching would continue to play in the preview window on the bottom left corner. Now it just pauses the show and shows an icon in the preview window.

I looked through all of the feature options but didn’t see anything relating to this. How can I enable the preview window to work like it did before?

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage User

Thanks

Thanks - I'm pretty sure that is what is happening to me. I am so used to typing the channel and ok...so I'm sure that is the problem. I will test first thing Tuesday - system is down for apartment maintence for the next couple of days.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
Have a question regarding the preview window. In the previous version I use to be able to go to a menu and whatever I was watching would continue to play in the preview window on the bottom left corner. Now it just pauses the show and shows an icon in the preview window.

I looked through all of the feature options but didn’t see anything relating to this. How can I enable the preview window to work like it did before?

Thanks in advance...
Somehow your Video Menu Options (in Detailed Setup/Multimedia) got set to something different than 'If Active'. This has been reported before, but I can't figure out what would be causing this. Just set the option back, and it should be fine ...

Dirk
Old 07-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, and the option is in your regular setup, I believe under multimedia, video menu options, set to "If Active."

It appears to be getting reset every time you close and restart Sage.