SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Shutdown Icon

I don't know what I did but after playing around with the Main Screen options/position the Shutdown Icon doesnt work properly. When I click on the Shutdown Icon it just toggles from Fullscreen to Windowed mode. I looked in all of the options but I cannot get the Shutdown Icon to show Sleep/Cancel/Close options at all.

Thx

Technazz
Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
I don't know what I did but after playing around with the Main Screen options/position the Shutdown Icon doesnt work properly. When I click on the Shutdown Icon it just toggles from Fullscreen to Windowed mode. I looked in all of the options but I cannot get the Shutdown Icon to show Sleep/Cancel/Close options at all.

Thx

Technazz
You may have inadvertantly placed it under the invisible fullscreen spot in the upper left corner. Try moving it to a different location.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

The shutdown issue is true for all the extenders and MVPs as well. I don't know if it's MC specific or if it's the Sage software, but I can't put any of my devices to sleep...
Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You may have inadvertantly placed it under the invisible fullscreen spot in the upper left corner. Try moving it to a different location.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep! Those invisible areas are hard to see!

Thanks

Technazz
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
Thanks for doing this amazing work. A few simple questions I can't seem to figure out:

1) Is there any documentation for all of the settings are? I'm trying to change 2 specific things (OSD, fullscreen video playing behind menus), but there's a ton of settings and I think i'm suffering unintended consequences with my random clicks. I looked in the wiki, but that's going to a dating website :-)

2) How can I move all my SageMC option settings from one PC to another? I have 3 different clients; i'm doing the customization work on one PC, but need to move it to the other 2 plus extender for "production".

Thanks again.
Anyone else using multiple clients/extenders with this skin? I'm clearly missing something, as I don't ever get all the settings moved over. I'm moving the SageMC.xml and the sagemc_menu.xml, but stuff is always getting left behind (ie, my icons for the menu aren't set correctly, even though they're in the right locations). I'm currently doing all customizations 3x, which is a PITA as i'm constantly missing at least 1 thing.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC_169.xml and sagemc_menu.xml shoud be all you need. Are you running Vista? If you are it creates a hidden directory called Virtual Store where another Program Files is created and user edited files seem to end up. Maybe that's where your customizations are. If you're doing Extenders you make your customizations on the server and then pick the last (highest number) .xml for any plugins added. And make sure the extenders are using the same sagemc_menu.xml that the server is. Make sure the icons exist where you are copying the files to. You need to make sure that the paths are the same.

Gerry

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, I can't believe I just now got around to installing SageMC. Loving it even though some parts are really flustering me.

In the standard STV, when I went to videos I had three folders appear(Adult, downloaded, Personal). Now in videos I see everything clumped together. Do I have to setup groups and go through and assign any new item to a specific group whenever I add something new? When I view by folder everything is still listed, not grouped by thte main folder they are in. can anyone direct me to the best method to handle what i want to do.

I'm sure I'll come up with even more questions, so thanks in advance for putting up with my newbie SageMC ?'s

Bandit

Last edited by Bandit; 01-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Can anybody tell me how to get RSS feeds working in this skin? I dug through the forums and saw a reference to the neilm way using the internal reader. I guess you are supposed to install cygwin, which I did, and when I add a feed, http://www.digg.com/rss/index.xml, it always says updating, when I go to RSS in the menu. Is there a way to set RSS to external and point it to a browser like firefox? I would appreciate any help. Just imagine that I have installed Sage and SageMC and that is it, so where do I go from there. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, the problem is not with the RSS within SageMC. It is the RSS link itself. Digg for some strange reason won't allow you to read there feeds. The work around is to use Yahoo Pipes to get at the feeds. See Nielm postings

The problem that I am having now is before the recent upgrade (6.3) I used to be able to click on the RSS Feed and it would open up an IE browser window so I could read the full feed. Now, it doesn't do anything.

Can someone please provide any insight as to how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question Changing Weather Maps ???

Is there a way to change the weather maps in ONE place so that I don't have to make these changes to each extender???

Thanks!

Last edited by Stuntman; 01-06-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Finally got around to upgrading to the very latest and greatest after purchasing an HD extender and I'm loving all the updates. Having a few minor issues though, all of which I've tried searching for to no avail...

1) I love the new "Use fullsize .jpg" option for folders, BUT... I can't seem to actually get it to use the folder.jpg I put in the folder. Instead, each parent folder is defaulting to the folder.jpg from one of the child video folders...

2) I can't seem to get IMDB info to download from the HD extender...

3) I have a random podcast (a .m4a) that's under one of my defined Music import directories, but NOT one of the video directories. For some reason its getting lumped in to My Videos...

4) At one point when I would select to play a dvd that was offline, it would pop up a little message saying "please insert the dvd" or something like that. Now I get a Sage "playbackException" error instead....

5) Finally, one ticky-tack final HD extender issue. When I go into My Videos, next to the "file system" and "view by" text on the left side, there's no little arrow like there is on the server, just an empty space...
Qs were snipped a bit from their originals above, but anybody with the HD extender that might be able to comment on #s 2 and 5?

Or heck, any of them?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Qs were snipped a bit from their originals above, but anybody with the HD extender that might be able to comment on #s 2 and 5?

Or heck, any of them?

2) IMDB search and save works fine on my HD Extender.

5) Little arrows are there for me. What theme are you using?

Make sure you have the latest SageMC 6.3.6b. It may be worthwhile to get the full install to make sure you have everything. Also make sure you have the latest java 1.0.6_3 installed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Proabably a dumb question but can I use this on a SDTV? 4:3??? when I look it appears that one is no longer maintained?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
Proabably a dumb question but can I use this on a SDTV? 4:3??? when I look it appears that one is no longer maintained?
Yes, it works fine for both 4:3 and 16:9 (or anything else you throw at it).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Sage Expert

Feature request: Ability to select which aspect ratios are used for the Aspect Ratio Toggle button.

Thanks.

-Peter
Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Sage User

Hey Guys.

Sage doesn't seem to be attempting to detect any commercial breaks. Not sure why this might be happening.

I've attached my debug file in the hopes that someone might be able to analyze it better than me.

Any help would be appreciated.

.david
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (37.1 KB, 384 views)
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb View Post
Sage doesn't seem to be attempting to detect any commercial breaks. Not sure why this might be happening.
Sage doesn't detect commercials on it's own. You need to use a 3rd party app. Either Showanalyzer or Comskip.

-Peter
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage User

peternm22

Thanks for that. But I'm still confused as to why there is a comskip option inside of the SageMC settings that says.

"Background Commercial Process - Enabled/Disabled" (Enable commercial processing within SageMC. Disable this setting if you use an external scheduler like e.g. DirMon2)

Where do I tell SageMC where to locate the version of Comskip that I downloaded?

I also looked into installing ComSkip Monitor. I assume this is a scheduler. Is the SageMC built-in one preferrable to this?

Any further help is greatly appreciated !

.david

Last edited by DreamWeb; 01-08-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Sage Expert

Hmm. Not sure on that one, I use Dirmon2 and Showanalyzer. Perhaps someone else could chime in.

-Peter
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM
SageTVaholic

The ComSkip stuff built into SageMC is OLD OLD OLD. It is no longer recommended to be used.

There is really only one setting in SageMC that you care about - it's on the options screen when you press ENTER while watching live or recorded TV.

"Com. Auto Skip : Enabled/Disabled"

This tells SageMC to automatically skip the playback over detected commercials. The actual detecting of the commercials is up to seperate programs all together - comskip and showanalyzer being the two options there.

I personally use ComSkip Monitor + comskip - it was EASY to set up and it works pretty well so I never got around to trying out dirmon / show analyzer.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Sage User

I setup showanalyzer and dirmon2 a couple of weeks ago and it seems work well. I only went this route because these were the first instructions I found with screen shots. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16318 I like screenshots
Closed Thread