SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have recently lost my SA/Dirmon2 setup. SA simply will not run when called by Dirmon, but fine on its own. If left unattended, it will keep crashing and restarting a new instance, eventually bogging down my server. I have tried all versions back to .8.7. No idea what changed, my server had actually been quiet and stable (windows updates turned off).

Posting this because the link that superporky provided showed the screenshots wih a UNC target path. I had been using the regular path within Dirmon, although my recording directories in sage have always been UNC. Could that have anything to do with it?

Unfortunately there has been no response from Jere since mid December, so I'm about to give up and move on to comskip.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I just moved my comskip setup from my Sage server to a seperate File server - so if you decide to make the jump it's still "fresh" in my mind what I had to do to get it working.....

btl.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post

The problem that I am having now is before the recent upgrade (6.3) I used to be able to click on the RSS Feed and it would open up an IE browser window so I could read the full feed. Now, it doesn't do anything.

Can someone please provide any insight as to how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance...
I'd appreciate an answer to this also -- when i click a feed I get a blank screen and "error - page failed to load". What setting did I miss?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

In SageMC, go to

Settings >> SageMC >> Enhancements >> RSS Reader

And set the value to 'External'.

You then have to find and edit the external reader configuration file at

...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\rss_reader.cmd

by default, it contains

"D:\Internet\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe" %1

As an example, for a default Internet Explorer installation, change it to

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" %1

Hopefully that will do it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-11-2008, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

IMDB Movie posters are sometimes completely wrong

Lately, I've noticed that some of my TV show will have the wrong movie poster in the detailed info.

See attached pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrong.jpg (233.3 KB, 279 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can someone please point me to some information on making your own menus? I would like the front menu to have "my Videos", "Movies", "Tv shows", "Music", "Pictures", "My Pictures". I don't want the tv part and deleted this. I can make the menus in SageMc, but everytime I point each of the seperate video categories to a folder, it uses that same folder for all of them.
Any ideas?
So basically my question is how do I get each video submenu to point to a different folder containing my videos?
Thanks
Mo
Old 01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Lately, I've noticed that some of my TV show will have the wrong movie poster in the detailed info.

See attached pic...
I've noticed this too with the show "Moonlight". I can search IMDB and find the correct image, but selecting "download image" doesn't seem to update the image used. Is there a way to change the IMDB picture that's used on a series if Sage auto-selects the wrong one?

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Search and pick the one you want. Bring up options with a ctrl-O or the Options button on your remote. You can save info, picture or both.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have noticed that when I download movie information in SageMC and then save it the Rating of the movie is not saved. I wanted to check with others to see if this is the behavior they are seeing as well before spending more time to dig into the problem. Currently I manually enter all the rating information for the movies and it can get tedious.

-Mike
Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM

Select Main Menu item with mouse or touchscreen

Using SageTV Ver 6.3 and SageMC Ver 6.3.6b, I cannot seem to select a menu item off the main menu (My TV, My Music, etc...) with either the mouse or a touchscreen. Remote works fine.

Any words of wisdom, on how to get this to work ?

Thanks.

Jamie.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am trying to customize my SageMC on my HD extender and cannot figure how to delete fields. IE: On the main screen trying change the number of rows from 2 to 1 how do you erase the 2? I can add more numbers but dont know how to delete them.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

Press the stop button to delete.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Sage User

Comskip Auto Skip Disabled by Default?

I am using SageMC 16x9 version 6.3.6b with Sage 6.2.10.152.

The time line shows the skip segments correctly but the program won't skip automatically unless I select "Com. Auto Skip: Enabled" on the options menu for each file that I play. Is this by design? It appears to be disabled by default and resets to disabled for each new file.

Is there a way to change it so that is is set to enabled by default? In the SageMC options menu, under Enhancements, I have Commercial Auto Skip enabled in the Comskip options. I can't find any other settings.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayN View Post
I am using SageMC 16x9 version 6.3.6b with Sage 6.2.10.152.

The time line shows the skip segments correctly but the program won't skip automatically unless I select "Com. Auto Skip: Enabled" on the options menu for each file that I play. Is this by design? It appears to be disabled by default and resets to disabled for each new file.

Is there a way to change it so that is is set to enabled by default? In the SageMC options menu, under Enhancements, I have Commercial Auto Skip enabled in the Comskip options. I can't find any other settings.
In SageMC, go to

Settings >> Enhancements >> Comskip Options >> Commercial Autoskip

And set it to Enabled.

That sets the global behavior for autoskip. If you set the autoskip setting for a favorite to anything other than 'Use Global' then it will override this setting for that favorite. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. I'm pretty sure the latest version of SageMC (v6.3.6b) requires SageTV v6.3.x. It may not be related to this, but I will likely cause you some problems to run an older version of SageTV.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-11-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
In SageMC, go to

Settings >> Enhancements >> Comskip Options >> Commercial Autoskip

And set it to Enabled.

That sets the global behavior for autoskip. If you set the autoskip setting for a favorite to anything other than 'Use Global' then it will override this setting for that favorite. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. I'm pretty sure the latest version of SageMC (v6.3.6b) requires SageTV v6.3.x. It may not be related to this, but I will likely cause you some problems to run an older version of SageTV.
Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had the global setting done already.

However, I hadn't notice the Comskip settings under the Favorites options. What I found is I don't have any choices there. When I select the + or - buttons, nothing happens. Change other options works fine but no the Comskip options.

I tried to upgrade to 6.3.5 but i couldn't get Sage MC to work. I just got a black screen with no Start icon, no time, no weather icon and no close button. Fortunately, I saved my previousl install.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had the global setting done already.

However, I hadn't notice the Comskip settings under the Favorites options. What I found is I don't have any choices there. When I select the + or - buttons, nothing happens. Change other options works fine but no the Comskip options.

I tried to upgrade to 6.3.5 but i couldn't get Sage MC to work. I just got a black screen with no Start icon, no time, no weather icon and no close button. Fortunately, I saved my previousl install.
Try deleting or renaming

...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\comskip.def

The format has changed since older versions. I think SageMC should create a new one once the original is gone.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Try deleting or renaming

...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\comskip.def

The format has changed since older versions. I think SageMC should create a new one once the original is gone.

Aloha,
Mike
The original comskip.def was an empty file. I deleted it but SageMC did not create a new one.

Ray
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The original comskip.def was an empty file. I deleted it but SageMC did not create a new one.

Ray
Sorry. That's all I've got.

Hopefully someone smarter than me can jump in and offer another suggestion.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this the solution to IMDB movie posters not being downloaded with a blue down arrow or the movie poster one being chosen? Doesn't seem like a good solution to me. It used to be automatic and work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Search and pick the one you want. Bring up options with a ctrl-O or the Options button on your remote. You can save info, picture or both.

Gerry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5 View Post
I've noticed this too with the show "Moonlight". I can search IMDB and find the correct image, but selecting "download image" doesn't seem to update the image used. Is there a way to change the IMDB picture that's used on a series if Sage auto-selects the wrong one?
Unfortunately you will have to restart the UI for that. This is caused by the SageTV-internal image cache, nothing that SageMC can do about.

Dirk
Closed Thread