SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

I can send it tonight, when I get home.

If someone can see that, they have sharp eyes...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Hehe...well I DO have sharp eyes. I am designer/animator paid to see every mis-placed pixel. But to be fair if you look at it with the Blue2 theme, it is a LOT more apparent (esp on a 60" screen). You might want to check all the pop-ups. I noticed it in one of the others last night too.

Is it the Sage.properties file you want...I can email it to you now if it is.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Hehe...well I DO have sharp eyes. I am designer/animator paid to see every mis-placed pixel. But to be fair if you look at it with the Blue2 theme, it is a LOT more apparent (esp on a 60" screen). You might want to check all the pop-ups. I noticed it in one of the others last night too.

Yeah, it is a setting on a theme, so it would affect multiple dialogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Is it the Sage.properties file you want...I can email it to you now if it is.
yep, or SageClient.properties if you use client or Sage service ...

Dirk
Old 07-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageClient.zip (6.9 KB, 168 views)
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem with Channel setup

Hi

Just spotted a problem with channel setup...

I just set up my DVB card and have been gradually enabling channels when I'm certain they tune correctly. I've been using SageTV3dvbt.xml.

Due to using XMLTV and doing a scan for channels I have almost two of every channel sometime with slightly differant names (e.g. BBC1, BBC ONE) Sometime differant channel names but the same channel number.

Running on my client SageMC 6.8 shows the wrong channels selected. e.g. BBC ONE rather than BBC1. Where I have "39 - ABC1" and "39 abc1" (differant case) it shows both as selected though only the Captilised version is in the SageTVdvbt.xml. It also shows as selected lots of the other channels whose numbers I've yet to configure and the dvbtxml shows as unselected.

Snaps shots of client and server attached so you can see more clearly.
Attached Images
File Type: gif server.GIF (60.6 KB, 234 views)
File Type: gif client.GIF (43.0 KB, 232 views)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Add another to the unwatched bars.
I just uploaded a fix for the watched bar issue, anyone who is experiencing this problem can simply re-download. Note that this time I correctly named the xml file 'SageMC_169.xml' again (and not SageMC_169_6_8.xml) like in all other releases...

Dirk
Old 07-24-2006, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Hi

Just spotted a problem with channel setup...

I just set up my DVB card and have been gradually enabling channels when I'm certain they tune correctly. I've been using SageTV3dvbt.xml.

Due to using XMLTV and doing a scan for channels I have almost two of every channel sometime with slightly differant names (e.g. BBC1, BBC ONE) Sometime differant channel names but the same channel number.

Running on my client SageMC 6.8 shows the wrong channels selected. e.g. BBC ONE rather than BBC1. Where I have "39 - ABC1" and "39 abc1" (differant case) it shows both as selected though only the Captilised version is in the SageTVdvbt.xml. It also shows as selected lots of the other channels whose numbers I've yet to configure and the dvbtxml shows as unselected.

Snaps shots of client and server attached so you can see more clearly.
Is this a new problem with version 6.8 ?

Dirk
Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
This is such a minor change (the code is already in there for certain shortcuts in 'Other Programs') that you can expect it to be in the next version

Dirk
Thanks! The new STV works great. That was pretty fast service...

I bet these suggestions would be easy for you too-

Make it so the shutdown button (same button you just fixed...) will automatically just put it into sleep, so I dont have to mess with the menu.

Add native support for movietimes

But it is great the way it is. You have made a good thing even better!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is this a new problem with version 6.8 ?

Dirk
It first happened in 6.6, I downloaded 6.8 to check it still had the problem.
Just checked 6.3 and it happens there too. I've not got any earlier versions saved.

Edit: Actually it happens with mlbdude's latest build (Dated 03/02/2006) as well so it's nothing you've changed.

Last edited by pjwerdna; 07-25-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Expert

Wow, very nice work.

I have been noticing one thing that I'm thinking isn't correct. I can't "left arrow" or "back" out of Other Programs. Once I'm in there, I have to hit the "Start" button to get back to the main menu. Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it since I think you had talked about trying to fix all the places where "left" didn't work as "back" on the menus.

Otherwise, great job!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Sage Expert

Posting this in a separate post for organization:

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to organize multi-disc dvds so that their able to still pick up the DVD Profiler information?

For instance, I have a dvd called "Ultimate Jordan" that's a two-disc set. I put it into DVD Profiler and then ripped the dvds to my harddrive, but since I can't name both dvd folders "Ultimate Jordan" I have them named "Ultimate Jordan - 1" and "Ultimate Jordan - 2". But Sage doesn't equate either of these with the "Ultimate Jordan" so while I can manually copy a cover image to the folder to get the cover, I can't get it to copy over any of the film details from DVD Profiler. I have a number of discs like this that I can't figure out what to do with. This is especially a problem for TV series on DVD. Even if there's no disc ripped to the harddrive, it's the same problem with "Offline" films. Since I can't name multiple files in the offline folder with the correct name it won't recognize them as movies from Profiler.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to name the folders whatever I want and somehow equate them with the correct Profiler entry, as this would also help me be able to organize films that come up in a strange order alphabetically according to the "official" Profiler names. (For instance, I have Seinfeld: Season 3, then Season 4, then Season 5, then Seinfeld: Seasons 1 & @). I'd like to be able to rename the last one to "Seinfeld: Season(without the extra "s") 1 & 2" so they'd show up in the correct order.

Barring the ability to "custom" name things like this, I'd at least like to find out what others have done to solve the multi-disc dilemna?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just got to thinking about whether or not I could just add multiple copies of the same movie in Profiler and rename each of them. Apparently you *can* rename movies, so that should solve my Seinfeld issue from above (Yeah!) but even if you rename them you can't add multiple copies of the same movie.

However, I found where you can add multiple discs to an individual movie, so for instance, I can add two discs to "Ultimate Jordan" and call them "1" and "2". Those individual disc names get outputted to the xml file. Think there's any way to get Sage to read those and append them to the main title?

EDIT 2: Well, found an issue related to renaming Seinfeld. The "original" files that are created using the "Offline" option in Sage are "seinfeld seasons 1 & 2.jpg" and "seinfeld seaons 1 & 2.mpg". But they're interpreted in Sage to be "Seinfeld: Seasons 1 & 2.jpg" and "Seinfeld: Seasons 1 & 2.mpg" Notice the capitalization and the ":". I have no idea how Sage knows to format them correctly, but if I simply rename the files myself to whatever I want them to be, Sage reads them exactly the way I wrote them (lowercase and without the colon). I can change the case, but have no way of adding the colon into the filename, which is why I wanted Profiler to "do it's magic" and name them for me. Unfortunately, even when I rename the file within Profiler, when it spits it out and gets turned into a .jpg and .mpg, Sage reads it exactly as it is written and no longer knows to use the capitilization or special characters. So even renaming the movies within Profiler is not working out for me.

Grrr...

Last edited by popechild; 07-25-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I have been noticing one thing that I'm thinking isn't correct. I can't "left arrow" or "back" out of Other Programs. Once I'm in there, I have to hit the "Start" button to get back to the main menu.
Hmm, works fine for me ... Is it possible that another import is causing this ?

Dirk
Old 07-25-2006, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna

Edit: Actually it happens with mlbdude's latest build (Dated 03/02/2006) as well so it's nothing you've changed.
Good ... Uhm, of course not good, but given that I dont know anything about XMLTV or SageTVdvbt.xml I'm not sure if I can help ...

Dirk
Old 07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hmm, works fine for me ... Is it possible that another import is causing this ?

Dirk
Certainly possible. I'm running a handful of other imports (web radio, movietimes, remember video position, favorite channel lists, dvd burning). It's not a big enough deal for me to start messing with different import combinations just to get it working, so I guess for now since it's obviously not a bug that effects SageMC by itself we'll just leave it be...

Thanks for the follow up.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Sage User

I have noticed since version 6.8 that while I am watching live TV and press the guide button on my remote, the show no longer plays in the guide, it pauses it. Is there and option to make the show continue to play or is it something that I have screwed up?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagee23
I have noticed since version 6.8 that while I am watching live TV and press the guide button on my remote, the show no longer plays in the guide, it pauses it. Is there and option to make the show continue to play or is it something that I have screwed up?
Can you check if it is this problem ?

Dirk
Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage Expert

I have about 100 dvds in My Videos. Yesterday I created two new "groups" called Watched and Unwatched and went through and added every one of the dvds to one of the two groups. After I had finished (which took quite a while) I looked at the two groups and only about half of the movies that were supposed to be in each group were still there. So I added all the missing ones again and it all seemed fine.

Today I went to look at the groups again and only about 6 movies were in each group. Ahh!!! Has anyone else tried using groups? Is this a bug?

Also, I'm still interested in any solutions people have for multi-disk dvds.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Can you check if it is this problem ?

Dirk
That is what the problem was. That is odd that it was changed. I haven't been in those settings since I set up Sage....oh well, I know where to look next time if that happens. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just started using the STV and am suitably impressed !! Lots of good work here. But, of course, there is a question.

My TV - Recorded TV - Grouped - Sort by Orig is in "decending" order, from the newest down to the oldest. Anyway to sort them in "acending" order with the oldest show first ?

Ken C
Old 07-28-2006, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagee23
That is odd that it was changed. I haven't been in those settings since I set up Sage....
Yeah, I am still pretty clueless about this. Can you tell me if you loaded the standard STV at any point ? And do you use any imports ?

Dirk
Closed Thread