SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I looked everywhere but I cannot seem to find it. I added a preview panel to the main menu....but I cannot seem to find the setting to enable preview. I get a blank Icon no preview? Is there a setting that I just cannot find?

BTW Fantastic job on the new SageMC. I spend more time playing with it than watching my shows.
Read this post and see if that help with your issue.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=5567

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

TechBill ,

thanks You that was it.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I was able to fix this issue by loading the default layout and starting from scratch from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I am seeing this same issue.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Import/Export layout mess

I'm having a hard time getting this to work correctly. Now that I updated the jar file, I can see changes, but this doesnt work as expected.

When I "Export all" to a file (ie.. MKANET.layout) when I'm in the main menu.... then import all in on of my custom menus, it screws up my main menu and changes it to some default settings I never had. Plus, my custom menu doesnt change! This same weird behavior happens for exporting/importing just the main menu.

How is this supposed to work?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-27-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure when you export that you are going to the directory where you want to place the file. When you are there, on the left side of the dialog box you will see a button called "New File". Make sure you click this so you can give your export a new name. After that you should be able to import this file with your saved settings. I've been able to save my export, import the default and get that setup and then go and import my custom. All of my changes are there just like I saved them. And I did copy in the new .jar file from this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
When I "Export all" to a file (ie.. MKANET.layout) when I'm in the main menu.... then import all in on of my custom menus, it screws up my main menu and changes it to some default settings I never had. Plus, my custom menu doesnt change! This same weird behavior happens for exporting/importing just the main menu.

How is this supposed to work?
It sounds like at one time you may have overwritten your default or you're importing one that you think is correct but maybe it's in the wrong directory? I would get rid of all your .layout files. (Search for them in subdirectories) Copy the defaults and examples back in from the original zip and step through it again.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 01-27-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Gerry, there's really one one way I can see to do it.. the way you described already. When I export all from the main menu to a new file, then try to import all in one of the custom menus I made.....

It will actually change my Main Menu.. by loading the layout from from the custom menu I supposedly export to.. NOT "from".

The only thing that works correctly is when I try to clone Main Menu/Dynamic Submemu... Import/Export simply don't work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Make sure when you export that you are going to the directory where you want to place the file. When you are there, on the left side of the dialog box you will see a button called "New File". Make sure you click this so you can give your export a new name. After that you should be able to import this file with your saved settings. I've been able to save my export, import the default and get that setup and then go and import my custom. All of my changes are there just like I saved them. And I did copy in the new .jar file from this thread.

It sounds like at one time you may have overwritten your default or you're importing one that you think is correct but maybe it's in the wrong directory? I would get rid of all your .layout files. (Search for them in subdirectories) Copy the defaults and examples back in from the original zip and step through it again.

Gerry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Animation broken for Fixed Focus / Free form with Preview Window

I put a list of things that appears to be broken a couple of pages back.. But, I thought I would post one thing thats very noticable...

Animation is completely broken for Fixed Focus / Free form when Preview Window is active.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

It works for me. I am using the latest version posted a few posts back that fixes the import/export.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that fixed only cloning. Import/Export is definitely broken for me. It doesnt matter if I use export/import for main menu, dynamic sub menu, or All... it just does nothing when I import to a menu.

EDIT: New discovery... Import does work if I load the examples. It appears more specifically, the Export feature is completely broken for me. When I Export All from the Main Menu... if I try to import it to another menu, it does NOTHING to the menu I'm trying to alter, and it changes my Main Menu... to use the layout from the menu was supposed to be altered sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
It works for me. I am using the latest version posted a few posts back that fixes the import/export.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-27-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I put a list of things that appears to be broken a couple of pages back.. But, I thought I would post one thing thats very noticable...

Animation is completely broken for Fixed Focus / Free form when Preview Window is active.
We are just using the core animations, so if there is a problem it is an issue with the SageTV core.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-27-2008, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Mike, is this specific only to my setup, or is it normal for animations to stop when the preview window is active for Fixed Focus / Free Form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
We are just using the core animations, so if there is a problem it is an issue with the SageTV core.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike, is this specific only to my setup, or is it normal for animations to stop when the preview window is active for Fixed Focus / Free Form?
I have noticed it on my development computer as well, though it seems to sometimes work. It will be interesting to see if it still happens once I upgrade to my new quad core CPU, if I ever find the time.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, that fixed only cloning. Import/Export is definitely broken for me. It doesnt matter if I use export/import for main menu, dynamic sub menu, or All... it just does nothing when I import to a menu.

EDIT: New discovery... Import does work if I load the examples. It appears more specifically, the Export feature is completely broken for me. When I Export All from the Main Menu... if I try to import it to another menu, it does NOTHING to the menu I'm trying to alter, and it changes my Main Menu... to use the layout from the menu was supposed to be altered sigh
I was able to import one from another user. It was posted in either this thread or the new thread for layouts (I can't remember which).
Old 01-27-2008, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Import / Export reproducable behavior

Mike/Dirk could you please look at my debug file. This is really frustrating. I think I'm doing everything correctly, but it simply does this really weird reproducable and undesirable behavior:

This is what I do:

1) In Main Menu, I Export ALL layout to a file called MKANET.layout
2) I go to any custom menu that I have made (ie.. Setup and Tools)
3) I Import ALL layout from a file called MKANET.layout
4) Setup and Tools menu stays unchanged
5) When I go back to the Main Menu, the whole layout is changed to look like the layout of the menu I just tried to alter.

This happens with exporting with Main Menu, dyanamic sub-menu, and ALL options.

Cloning appears to be working correctly.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

PS: I have no problems importing layouts that wasnt exported from my setup.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (199.9 KB, 253 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, let me try to clarify what Import/Export does:

Export All --> Saves all Main Menu and Dynamic Submenu layout properties to the specified .layout file
Export Main Menu --> Saves only the Main Menu layout properties to the specified .layout file
Export Dynamic Submenu --> Saves only the Dynamic Submenu layout properties to the specified .layout file

Import All --> loads all of the Main Menu and Dynamic Submenu layout properties from the selected file. (This can be a .layout file or a .sagemc property backup file)
Import Main Menu --> Loads only the Main Menu layout properties from the selected file. If the file only contains Dynamic Submenu properties, then nothing will happen.
Import Dynamic Submenu --> Loads only the Dynamic Submenu layout properties from the selected file. If the file only contains Main Menu properties, then nothing will happen.

If you want to load Main Menu properties to a Dynamic Submenu or vice versa, then you can either use the clone function or you can open a .layout file containing only Main Menu properties (for example) in a text editor and replace all instances of MainMenu with DynamicSubMenu.

It is a good idea to backup your layout befoer importing any new .layout files. You can also restore your whole setup to the state it was in at startup by restoring the automaic sagemc property backup that is run at startup.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-27-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

mkanet - I think you might be using the wrong commands. meinmaui's post right above is probably all you need - but the last sentence is the key. "Import All" from a file that has a main menu layout won't change anything on a dynamic submenu....

I think that's probably what you are running into.

btl.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
With all the options available now, I don't see a way to make it act similar to a Mac OS X dock? For that I guess we need an icon mode that scales the selected item up. Is this a possibility?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Now I feel totally retarded. Thanks so much for explaining Mike. I was pulling my hair out trying to understand it.

Quote:
Ok, let me try to clarify what Import/Export does:

Export All --> Saves all Main Menu and Dynamic Submenu layout properties to the specified .layout file
Export Main Menu --> Saves only the Main Menu layout properties to the specified .layout file
Export Dynamic Submenu --> Saves only the Dynamic Submenu layout properties to the specified .layout file

Import All --> loads all of the Main Menu and Dynamic Submenu layout properties from the selected file. (This can be a .layout file or a .sagemc property backup file)
Import Main Menu --> Loads only the Main Menu layout properties from the selected file. If the file only contains Dynamic Submenu properties, then nothing will happen.
Import Dynamic Submenu --> Loads only the Dynamic Submenu layout properties from the selected file. If the file only contains Main Menu properties, then nothing will happen.

If you want to load Main Menu properties to a Dynamic Submenu or vice versa, then you can either use the clone function or you can open a .layout file containing only Main Menu properties (for example) in a text editor and replace all instances of MainMenu with DynamicSubMenu.

It is a good idea to backup your layout befoer importing any new .layout files. You can also restore your whole setup to the state it was in at startup by restoring the automaic sagemc property backup that is run at startup.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-27-2008, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
With all the options available now, I don't see a way to make it act similar to a Mac OS X dock? For that I guess we need an icon mode that scales the selected item up. Is this a possibility?
I'll see what I can do for a future release.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Couldn't you do this by :
  • create a main menu layout that you want for dynamic sub menu
  • clone it to a submenu
  • export the submenu to a .layout file

btl