SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Okay...one more thing then I'll let it be for the night. I can not get any STVi working properly, either using server or without. I restarted Sage after each and every import and followed instructions for each to the letter. Seeing as it appears to be related to SageMC and not just the imports, I figured I should post this here.
I tried each of these separately:
Google Calender
No icon appears on main screen although the setting in SageMC extras is set to do so. Could not find any other way of accessing the calender.
Advanced Mini Guide
nothing ever appears when pressing down.
Favorites Excluder
accessing the screen from a dynamic sub-menu results in a black screen with white text in the upper left corner, and the word info big in the vertically centered justified left. In my options menu for recorded/scheduled shows there is no menu entry to create an excludes, and I have no 'send to' button on any menu.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
I'm having a problem with the themes - when ever I select a new one, the background doesn't seem to change. It's like it's stuck on BlueTwo Blue Steel's background.
Figured it out - there's a setting to pick a background and the BlueTwo Blue Steel one was there - cleared it and it works like it should.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Okay...one more thing then I'll let it be for the night. I can not get any STVi working properly, either using server or without. I restarted Sage after each and every import and followed instructions for each to the letter. Seeing as it appears to be related to SageMC and not just the imports, I figured I should post this here.
I tried each of these separately:
Google Calender
No icon appears on main screen although the setting in SageMC extras is set to do so. Could not find any other way of accessing the calender.
Advanced Mini Guide
nothing ever appears when pressing down.
Favorites Excluder
accessing the screen from a dynamic sub-menu results in a black screen with white text in the upper left corner, and the word info big in the vertically centered justified left. In my options menu for recorded/scheduled shows there is no menu entry to create an excludes, and I have no 'send to' button on any menu.
AFAIK all three imports use Greg's studio library for the import process. Make sure you have the current version (should be included in the downloads, I think the version is from Dec 2007) in your JARs directory.

Dirk
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Tested some more. Here are the results:

Sage without server
Everything works fine.

Sage running as client with server on same PC
I can import layouts just fine. After running Sage without server once, I can now clone. I still can not export properly. Now when I export, it always exports what I last had set with Sage running without the server.

I also still have the bug, where in a sub-menu pressing left on any item on the screen other than the menu results in going back to the main screen. For example, if the weather bar is active and focused pressing left will jump the screen back to the man menu. 'Left as back' is disabled in the SageMC options.
I'll test this environment tonight with a clean SageTV install in MS Virtual PC...

Dirk
Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

RSS Feeds

I would also like to see the RSS Feed Scrollbar movable and scalable. If I have My upcoming recording close to the RSS ticker at the bottom. The Vertical seems to bleed into the Upcoming/Recent recording tabs any way to fix this?

Also I have an issue that both of my Upcoming/Recent buttons are scaled to the same number (1.3) and I can't get them to align is there a way to align them?

Technazz

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Dirk, FYI, this is reproducable on my machine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I'll test this environment tonight with a clean SageTV install in MS Virtual PC...

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
AFAIK all three imports use Greg's studio library for the import process. Make sure you have the current version (should be included in the downloads, I think the version is from Dec 2007) in your JARs directory.

Dirk
You may have nailed it right on. It looks as if my version of gkusnick.sagetv.jar is from Wednesday, March 21, 2007. It seems that closing Sage client does not release this file, it gets locked by the server. I will try an update now and see what happens.

EDIT:
Woohoooo. The AMG is now working. I'm going to try all the others now. Many thanks for the help Dirk!
Importing, Exporting and cloning layouts all work now too!

Last edited by kricker; 01-28-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a strange behavior in my music player for several versions now. I can play a queue with several CDs worth of music and hit play. A random number of songs will play until after the last played song, the screen will go blank as if it reached the end of the queue even though there may be 50+ songs still queued.

I have no firm proof, but it almost feels as if the play reaches the last track on an album it automatically stops regardless of how many songs are still in the queue?

Sound familiar to anyone?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Music

I really like the Search functionality of the default STV. Is there a way to use main page of SageMC, as well as most of the other pages, but use the Music pages/menus of the default STV intact?

just a thought.
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
Mike and Dirk-Amazing release. This seems to be the release that should open the floodgates for people sharing customizations. Great Job!!

I have two minor problems:
1. I use MCE style menus with the menu spacer enabled. When it first loads, the space is present. I have created a sub-menu where I access the settings, video conversions and parental control. When I access this sub-menu, and then come back to the main menu, but space is gone. It will not come back until I restart or go into the dynamic menu through main menu options, disable and re-enable the space, and save. It will not come back if I go into the customize main menu-text-customize and disable/reinable here.

2. I still use TheaterTek to play DVDs. I have re-enabled using this external program, but when I launch a movie, TT launches and immediately closes. This was working in 6.3.6b. Also, the command script has not changed and will launch TT if I open it.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Steve
Is there any input on these issues, especially #2? If I switch back to 6.3.6b, the movies launch in TT w/o problem. Was something changed in how the file name is passed to external programs in this release? What info can I provide to help trouble shoot this issue? Thanks for your help.

Steve

Last edited by scm; 01-28-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Now that I got things straightened out, I got another set of requests.

Weather Bar:
Text should scale with image when changing the size of the weather bar
Ability to swap the image and text positions from left to right
Options for text size

Overall Font Usage
It would be really nice if there was an easy way to choose the fonts used throughout the various SageMC screens and consistency for that. Something similar to what Meedio does would be great. There is a choice for an overlay font (used in places where the text is large and sometimes faded back and used for flair), and a choice for the general font (used everywhere else where readability is paramount).

Requests
A separate thread maybe just for requests so they do not get lost among the "please help me" posts.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

First time poster....

This is an amazing piece of software.

I have been using VistaMC for about a year, but always been annoyed by some critical limitations (VOB, subchannels, etc). After downloading SageTV a few weeks ago, I was very impressed by the functionality...but not the interface. The wife really liked the VMC interface.

After stumbling on this thread and applying SageMC 6.3.7....the Sage experience is awsome. Great WAF now !! Now if the extenders would come back in stock...need 3 to complete my transition to Sage!

I would like to thank all the members that have put in all the hard work with this!

Paul
Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Welcome aboard

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI

If anyone hasn't seen the SageMC posts on the Geek Tonic blog yet, they are a great introduction to SageMC. Check them out. Brent added a nice video showing how the menu configuration works. Very nice job!

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, that's a great write up, I think that should get stickied in the first post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Icon

Brent. You have really making your blog a hit. I remember when it 1st came out and saying NOT ANOTHER FREAK'n blog. But I'm liking what your doing.

Hell, after seeing the video, Now when I read your post, I have your voice reading in my head. LOL
Old 01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Tis a nice blog post that's for sure.

Maybe it should be renamed the Geek SageMC & Tonic blog

btl.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Also I have an issue that both of my Upcoming/Recent buttons are scaled to the same number (1.3) and I can't get them to align is there a way to align them?
You have a couple of options.

1. Hit the guide button (ctrl-x on the keyboard) to toggle to fine adjustment. Then go ahead and adjust the positions until the y values matche.

-or-

2. Bring up the move/scale popup and press a number key to jump to the corresponding location on screen. (1 = top left , 2 = top center, 3 = top right, 4 = mid-screen left, 5 = center, 6 = midscreen right, 7 = bottom left, 8 = bottom center, 9 = bottom right) In your case, hit number 7. From there you can move it to the location you want. If you do this to both the recent and upcoming recordings objects, then they will both start out with the same location reference ( x = 0.0, y = 1.0) and they should then be easy to align.

Quote:
I would also like to see the RSS Feed Scrollbar movable and scalable. If I have My upcoming recording close to the RSS ticker at the bottom. The Vertical seems to bleed into the Upcoming/Recent recording tabs any way to fix this?
This is an artifact of the way the ticker is animated. I will probably address it for the next major release, as it is pretty complicated. And yes, we will make it movable/scalable as well.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-28-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

One more, minor, problem with the current release. When I manually delete a video, the dialog asking for verification has the options Yes and ... what happened to no?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Sage Expert

Just upgraded to MC 6.3.7 and the layout of my main menu items is "stretched" vertically. There used to be space at the very top and bottom of the list (using the MCE menu style) that was open so that as you scrolled through the menu items they never went all the way to the top/bottom of the screen. Now it stretched much closer to the top/bottom, with the result being that there's much more space between each menu item - much more than I would want. is there any way to modify this, or change it back to the spacing that was used before 6.3.7?

EDIT - basically I want to do what PgUp/PgDn do, except for the vertical spacing instead of the horizontal.

Last edited by popechild; 01-28-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Closed Thread