SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Edit your properties file, with the service stopped, and make sure your path reads: ..\\SageMC\\dvd..

B
Thanks! I have also just copied the dvd_player.cmd into the STV folder and added SageMC to the name. It works aslo.

The issue, though, seems to be in 6.3.7. I saved my 6.3.6 set-up so I can easily switch back and forth between the two versions, and 6.3.6 consistently works while 6.3.7 does not. I even went back and installed the full 6.3.7 install instead of the update, but the problem persisted.

I have a work around now, and this may be something weird on my system only. But if it is a true bug, I hope it can be fixed so others don't have this problem also.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Either someone slipped me some really bad drugs, or something is messed up with menu sounds. I enabled them on my HD Extender's SageMC options, and then started moving through the menus. Didnt hear anything at first. Then I noticed a real faint sound as I was moving through the menus. Cranked my stereo volume up, no change. Then I realized the sounds were being played from my Sage Server PC's speakers in another room! While I can see the enjoyment factor of this if someone else is at the PC and I can send remote sounds to them, I really would prefer to hear the sounds from the HD Extender, and not from the server.

So is this a MC bug? Sage bug? Something else? I am not running service mode right now, just using the server's Sage GUI (which is a quasi-client right?).

Specs: Sage Server 6.3.7 (Windows)
Java 1.6.xx (the one that installed with Sage)
SageMC 6.3.7
I believe sound effects from the GUI have always worked this way. They play on the server since that is where the STV code resides and executes from. The extenders just display graphics and stream files and since the sound effects are not streamed they playback on the server.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

So I should disable the sounds then it seems. I really thought I was losing it last night!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
So I should disable the sounds then it seems. I really thought I was losing it last night!
You need to think outside the box! Run a set of speak wire from you Server location to all of your viewing locations, and pipe the sounds in that way! No compromises!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
You need to think outside the box! Run a set of speak wire from you Server location to all of your viewing locations, and pipe the sounds in that way! No compromises!
Lol! I dont think so. Life in the box is rather simple, that sounds comlicated!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage User

I am a VERY new SageTV user (I just switched over from MCE). First let me say thank you for this great add-in, without SageMC I don't think I would have switched.

I noticed a little problem with SageMC version 6.3.7. If I go to My TV, then Recorded TV, then Series, there appears to be a problem with the "highlight" (sorry I don't know what the real name it) feature when selecting a series from the list on the right hand side. With the default SageMC theme, you can read the words when a series is highlighted, but they are really faint. However, with any of the other theme's (BlueTwo, BlackMyst Mod, etc), none of the words show up when highlighted.

If this isn't clear, or if this is a problem only with my system, please let me know. I am very new to SageMC so there is a good chance I did something wrong. Also, if there is any other information I can provide, or something else I can do to help, please let me know.

I'm running...
SageTV Version 6.3.5.159
Java Version 1.6.0_03
SageMC STV Version 6.3.7
SageMC JAR Version 6.3.7
Old 01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
I am very new to SageMC so there is a good chance I did something wrong.
If you are doing something wrong, then so am I because I have the same problem.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

How does SageMC decide when to display the "Please insert the DVD" message when trying to play offline dvds? If I specify an offline folder, enable "auto-import offline" in the SageMC options, and then import an offline dvd through the video menu options, if I try to play the resulting offline dvd, it shows that nice "Please insert the DVD" message. However, if I go to my offline folder and cut/paste the .mpg and .jpg so that I can move them into a sub-folder (so that my offline dvds can be in a sub-folder called "DVDs" and not at the top level of my videos), it no longer shows that message when I try to play them. Instead, it starts trying to play it and gives a nasty playbackException error.

What's the logic on how this distinction is made, and is there a way that I can put the offline dvds in a sub-folder of the videos list and still keep the "Please insert the DVD" behavior for them?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
I noticed a little problem with SageMC version 6.3.7. If I go to My TV, then Recorded TV, then Series, there appears to be a problem with the "highlight" (sorry I don't know what the real name it) feature when selecting a series from the list on the right hand side. With the default SageMC theme, you can read the words when a series is highlighted, but they are really faint. However, with any of the other theme's (BlueTwo, BlackMyst Mod, etc), none of the words show up when highlighted.
Hi and welcome to our little fiefdom.

That issue is an artifact of the new animation system. If the text isn't placed in the correct layer, it will be drawn behind the highlight. We have been trying to systematically go through SageMC to fix this, bet I'm sure there are still a few that were missed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I don't know what causes this, but I have noticed a pattern with SageMC and the HD extender. I have the latest firmware, well, a couple of days old firmware, and I noticed the extender will not come out of standby sometimes when SageMC is running as the theme. I tested this a couple of times in the past few days, and thought it might be the extender/firmware, but when I switched back to the default theme, standby mode hasn't locked up since. I am not sure how to tell you to reproduce this other than to hit the power button on the extender remote while watching tv, as if your going to bed, then come back a while later and try to power it up. I had to switch the power switch on the back to get it back.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
I have a strange behavior in my music player for several versions now. I can play a queue with several CDs worth of music and hit play. A random number of songs will play until after the last played song, the screen will go blank as if it reached the end of the queue even though there may be 50+ songs still queued.

I have no firm proof, but it almost feels as if the play reaches the last track on an album it automatically stops regardless of how many songs are still in the queue?

Sound familiar to anyone?
Do you happen to be using the Winamp add-on? I had to stop using it because of similar issues.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
No, just straight up SageMC

Edit:

Oops, responded to the wrong post..

Last edited by mikejaner; 01-31-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

IMDB info stored where?

Quick question. Where is the SageMC IMDB info stored? I am refering to the plot/synopsis. I would like to "share" this info between my server, clients and extenders. The cover art share is working perfectly. The plot info seems to always disappear....

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

just updated to the most recent version and it seems my comskip is being disabled again. I remember this happened previously. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC View Post
just updated to the most recent version and it seems my comskip is being disabled again. I remember this happened previously. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Juc
I feel your pain. I gave the upgrades another try and experienced the same problem again. I think I will be sticking to 6.3.5 for a while...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone tried the latest version of SageTV (version 6.3.8)?

It looks something significant was changed related to fonts. SageMC fonts dont display correctly anymore for me after the upgrade.

EDIT: Figured it out: For those of you who are seeing odd font sizes... you need to alter the below values in your properties file to a lower value than 14

ui/min_allowed_font_size=14
ui/min_allowed_shrunk_font_size=14

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-01-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
For those of you who are seeing odd font sizes... you need to alter the below values in your properties file to a lower value than 14

ui/min_allowed_font_size=14
ui/min_allowed_shrunk_font_size=14
BTW: only ui/min_allowed_shrunk_font_size is valid. The other one is a left-over that the default STV is using from before the property name was changed. The default STV needs to be changed to match it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a few questions about customizing SageMC.

In this post, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...45&postcount=6
mkanet has a guide with different colors and a generally more aesthetically pleasing style. Is this available by changing some settings in SageMC? Or, was this created using some other method and then imported into SageMC? If it's the latter, can someone point me to a guide or something about creating such customizations?

Is there a way to place the guide on the main menu?

I'm able to change the names for the main menu items on the main menu. For example, I changed "my TV" to just "TV." But when I go to that menu, it says "my TV" at the top. Is there a way to change the submenu to have "TV?"

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mitch,

1) You can make your guide colorful by downloading and using the images in the below link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=90

I used the glassy guide bar set included in that download. This all was provided by Meinmaui from this forum.

2) You can put a menu item called, "Guide" on the main menu. You can do this by right-clicking on the main menu screen and selecting, "Main Menu Options". Then select, New.. and "New Internal Screen". Then just select "Guide".

3) If I'm not mistaken, the only way to change the "My TV" text in the My TV menu would be to edit it in SageTV "Studio". Studio, is a programming tool thats provided with your SageTV which gives you access to the STV (in our case SageMC) code. You can access it by pressing Control-Shift-F12. I personally get a bit intimidated using Studio. You would REALLY have to be motivated to make changes there since if you dont do something right, youll probably end up breaking something else in SageMC.

Have fun...

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
I have a few questions about customizing SageMC.

In this post, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...45&postcount=6
mkanet has a guide with different colors and a generally more aesthetically pleasing style. Is this available by changing some settings in SageMC? Or, was this created using some other method and then imported into SageMC? If it's the latter, can someone point me to a guide or something about creating such customizations?

Is there a way to place the guide on the main menu?

I'm able to change the names for the main menu items on the main menu. For example, I changed "my TV" to just "TV." But when I go to that menu, it says "my TV" at the top. Is there a way to change the submenu to have "TV?"

Thanks,

Mitch

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread