SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Sage Icon

Is anyone using SageMC 6.3.7 with the beta 6.3.9 release of SageTV? We're having some problems with a client that's regularly going in to spinning pinwheel-locked up mode upon playing shows and I'm trying to determine if it's SageMC, 6.3.9 or maybe some other thing. It may be only happening after we play a DVD on the machine first.

Since I'm out of town I won't be able to diagnose anything until I get back. But I'm getting negative reports from back home.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can we add this to the Shut Down Icon on the Main Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle fullscreen and window mode? when i remote into my sagebox, i often get a black screen if sage is running fullscreen (which it almost always is)
toggle fullscreen and window mode
Can we add this to the Shut Down Icon on the Main Screen?

Scat
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
@Skyeclad

Did you install Cygwin as per these instructions?
I did but now that I think about it, I didn't restart my PC. Maybe I should do that just in case. Is this the only other setting/software that I need to do to get this feature to work

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Also, you have to create an offline directory, IIRC, and there is a setting within SageMC options
Not sure what you mean by this. I have dvd profiler on another computer, do I just point to the file. Can I export a file to computer with sage on it?

I haven't try yet but I'll start playing with it tonight, that way I will be able to ask better questions.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, knowing where to look for an OFFLINE DVD is essential for me.. so, it's of no use without Sage importing the Catalog #.
I will be doing this soon and location would be a big issuse for me too. I thinking maybe adding location to the title might display it. If that don't work maybe editing each pic with the location might work. Only thing would have to run a batch file or something because ther are too many in my collection.

DRB

I WANT MY HDTV
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
I am running Sage 6.3.9, Java 1.6.04, and SageMC 6.3.7. I am not sure when the problem started but I notice the weather won't update after Sage is launched. It will get an initial reading after starting Sage, but after that the "current" weather is always that day and time, so not updates are happening. Is anyone else seeing this?
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I did but now that I think about it, I didn't restart my PC. Maybe I should do that just in case. Is this the only other setting/software that I need to do to get this feature to work

Thanks.
Well I restarted the PC and reinstalled Cygwin but it made no difference. The webtext version of any RSS still errors out. Anything that I'm forgetting?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Delete dialog display

Anyone else seeing a "..." instead of "No" in the dialog to delete a recording ("Yes appears fine)? I am using the "simple" delete dialog and a 16:9 display.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Anyone else seeing a "..." instead of "No" in the dialog to delete a recording ("Yes appears fine)? I am using the "simple" delete dialog and a 16:9 display.
I see it too.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I see it too.
Yep! Thought I'd messed it up somehow myself.. never thought others saw it!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
yes and it not the only one, there more options in other menu where wordings are cut off short. like "set watc...."

I think it was mentioned in some posts several pages back that they are aware of this and will fix it in the next version.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Something else I'm seeing, that maybe nobody else is.. if I bring up the 'options' screen on the MVP to try and change the aspect ratio.. I get the box, but there is no visible text or options.. simply a blank box...
Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

The MVP doesn't support aspect ratios.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
The MVP doesn't support aspect ratios.
I'm referring to the ability to change to 'Fill' or 'source' during playback.. it used to be able to do so... I'm pretty sure!!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.7a now available

Maintenance release SageMC 6.3.7a is available.

Main Menu:
  • Added option to disable left-as-back in dynamic submenus
  • Fixed: MCE spacer is lost when going back to main menu from submenu
  • Fixed: scaling of Fixed Focus Vertical style
  • Fixed: TheaterTek external DVD player immediately closes on use
  • Fixed: Upcoming/Recent text in Recordings widgets non-transparent on extender
  • Added: Mouse Support in fixed Focus Menu: advance menu with wheel,all icons clickable
  • Added: Option to bind size/position of clock, and info icons to match submenus
  • Made animations interruptible (retains SageTV v6.3.5 compatibility when disabled)
  • Added alternate key binding for main menu popup windows (Custom1-5)
  • Weatherbar: Text now scales with image when changing the size of the weather bar
  • Weatherbar: Added ability to swap the image and text positions from left to right
  • Weatherbar: Added options for text size
  • Added Customization Options to Recent/Upcoming recordings
  • Added MainIconPanel Icon for Recent/Upcoming Recordings
  • Simplified controls for menu layout customizaion (icon and fixed focus menus)
  • Added menu item icon customization for icon and fixed focus menus
  • Added independent customization for focused icon
  • Added setting for minimum font size (for SageTV v6.3.8)
Other changes:
  • added default settings for new favorites
  • added option 'Movie only' for auto IMDB download
  • added option to disable OSD timeout for MiniGuide
  • added option to reverse up/down for MiniGuide
  • added all-album shuffle playlist with bookmark functionality
  • added playlist bookmarks
  • fixed: LiveTV now advances to current time
  • fixed: grouped display mode did not list episoded any more
  • fixed: manual recordings now set start/stop padding correctly
  • fixed: reverse order not working in Guide
Some details on the shuffle playlist: in the playlist manager, you can now generate a randomly shuffled playlist of all your songs in the library in which albums are never repeated. The playlist position is automatically bookmarked, so if you stop the playlist and return to it later it will start with the last song played. You can also link this playlist (or any other) to a main menu item - add a similar section to your dynamic main menu file after you created the shuffle playlist:

Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="D:\Video\SageTV Client\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\MyTheme\MenuIcons\hover_my music2.png" screen="Now Playing" title="Random Music">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PlayPlaylist", true)</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PlaylistName", "SAGEMC_SHUFFLE")</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
You can reset the bookmark in the Playlist detail screen - focus on any of the left menu buttons and bring up the Options menu. You can regenerate the playlist as often as you like, and also delete it. Note that if you enter the Music Library through a main menu item in which you have a filter set, the shuffle playlist will only get generated for the songs that match the filter.

For other regular playlists (music and video), you can enable bookmarks in the SageMC / Enhancements option menu.

Update instructions:

- shut down the UI
- unzip *all* files in the download file
- restart the UI
- load the new STV

The dev package (includes only new STV and JARs) and the full installation package are available for download here:

SageMC 6.3.7a update
SageMC 6.3.7a full install

Enjoy,

Mike & Dirk
Old 02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Guys, thanks for the update! Im very thankful for the mouse support! Im currently in a different country; so I cant try this release just yet; but Im just curious if the clone/export menu issue was fixed with this release. This is the problem thats affecting some people who are using the SageTV server as their primary machine (people who use sageTVservice and SageTV.exe). I didnt see any mention of it in the release notes.

I appreciate your time and effort Dirk and Mike!
Michael

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-22-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: i spelled "affecting" wrong :)
Old 02-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

On my HD Extender it keeps telling me that my versions don't match after I load the 6.3.7a (although both STV version & JAR version say 6.3.7a, and I've even gone so far as to restart Sage). Seems to be doing it on the clients as well. I used the update instead of the full version, I'll try that and see if I get the same results...
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
On my HD Extender it keeps telling me that my versions don't match after I load the 6.3.7a (although both STV version & JAR version say 6.3.7a, and I've even gone so far as to restart Sage). Seems to be doing it on the clients as well. I used the update instead of the full version, I'll try that and see if I get the same results...
Yeah, one shouldn't make changes in the last minute...
Sorry for that, here's the updated STV

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169.zip (500.0 KB, 233 views)
Old 02-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Yeah, one shouldn't make changes in the last minute...
Sorry for that, here's the updated STV

Dirk
That sorted it .
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
The layout system has gone bonkers on me. When I loaded the new stv my menus no longer looked the same. The recording and upcoming recording bars were moved off the bottom of the screen. Text in my icon menus was very small. The weather bar got very large.

When I try to snap an item to the bottom left or right sof the screen it actually goes off screen. Cloning the menu panel is not fully working. For example the text size is not carrying over, as well as many of the other various options.

With fixed focus mode I can not edit each icon independently. Chaging the scale or position of any one of them changes them all.

Also cloning the main menu to the dynamic submenus and vice versa is not working.

FYI, I am running SageTV in service mode.

EDIT:
Crap, somehow I got an old version of the gkusnick.sagetv.jar again. I wonder where I keep picking this up? I replaced it with the December version, but unlike last time, it didn't fix anything.

Last edited by kricker; 02-23-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Closed Thread