SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Cayars - that was it! now I remember. So, then, it would be possible with SageMC! Do I hear 'feature request'? Anyone else?
I second the motion, If they add new features to SageMC Weather please add the ability to have multiple cities to include submenus for that cities temps, radar, forcast ect.
If it's worth doing them lets wow everyone with what can be done.

Thanks to all the people who work on SageMC

Scat
Old 02-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Please enable debug logging and post your log file.

Dirk
Dirk,

Here is my log file referring to the RSS error. I don't see anything that indicates an error but maybe you do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (17.4 KB, 222 views)
Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Dirk,

Here is my log file referring to the RSS error. I don't see anything that indicates an error but maybe you do.
Hi skyeclad,

sorry but I should have been more specific - I need your client log...

-Dirk
Old 02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I'm starting to get suspicious of how the data is getting passed to the "Library Import View". When you use IMDB or edit the metadata directly it uses the StaticContext command on Airing and then that airing is what gets associated with the new Show object that gets created. The DVD profiler, however, pushes Airing on a MediaFiles variable that then gets the StaticContext. I am suspicious of a pass by value vs pass by reference issue. I know I'm grasping at straws, but I'll have to run some more experiments tonight.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

didn't you say that you see the same issue with IMDB meta data ? If so, I don't think that the code differences you mentioned would play any role in this...

Since you're still running 6.3.5 - are you daring enough to upgrade to 6.3.9 RC ? I had to make some changes in the AddShow() calls (see Andy's info here) due to changes in the 6.3.9 core. If not no problem, then I can send you a custom 6.3.7a STV in which I change these calls back to the old way. This will determine if it's a version problem.

Or is anyone running SageTV version < 6.3.9 and is not seeing this problem ?

-Dirk
Old 02-27-2008, 07:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
While you're looking at it, could you take a quick look at the automatic compressions?
Did you ask Evilpenguin about it ? It might be that his video tools need to be updated

-Dirk
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Mike,

didn't you say that you see the same issue with IMDB meta data ? If so, I don't think that the code differences you mentioned would play any role in this...

Since you're still running 6.3.5 - are you daring enough to upgrade to 6.3.9 RC ? I had to make some changes in the AddShow() calls (see Andy's info here) due to changes in the 6.3.9 core. If not no problem, then I can send you a custom 6.3.7a STV in which I change these calls back to the old way. This will determine if it's a version problem.

Or is anyone running SageTV version < 6.3.9 and is not seeing this problem ?

-Dirk
IMDB only has the issue when I save the image, just saving the description does not cause the file to be re-imported at the next re-scan. DVD profiler import, however, does cause the file to be re-imported and the meta-data lost. Unfortunately I didn't have time last night to track this issue down further. I got tied up with a new video card and enabling VRM9. I'll be posting my experiences with this on the SageTV software forum. I've noticed multiple AddShow calls in the STV and the only once that seems to cause the issue of the re-import is the AddShow in the DVD profiler import. In addition, I don't think it's the AddShow that is problematic, but the SetMediaFileShow. To summarize, the SetMediaFileShow when you use IMDB and when you use Edit Meta-data directly does not flag the show in such a way that cause the re-import and the next scan. Just the SetMediaFileShow in DVD profiler import seems to cause it.

-Mike

edit: I am running in service mode right now. I haven't tried running the other way yet. May be another potential source of problem.

Last edited by ryttingm; 02-27-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did you ask Evilpenguin about it ? It might be that his video tools need to be updated

-Dirk
I thought it was probably MC because when I reverted to MC 6.3.7, everything started working again. Was that a bad assumption? The problem seems to be that the autocompress files aren't being created.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I thought it was probably MC because when I reverted to MC 6.3.7, everything started working again. Was that a bad assumption? The problem seems to be that the autocompress files aren't being created.
Well, I made some specific changes for Evilpenguin's plugin on his request in 6.3.7a. So if it works in 6.3.7 but not 6.3.7a, it could very well be that those changes were meant for the next version of his plugin.

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 02-27-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Fair enough. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'll check in with EP.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi skyeclad,

sorry but I should have been more specific - I need your client log...

-Dirk
No worries Dirk, I'm a relative newbie to Sage so unfortunately, I'm very literal at this time.

Now, a question, I run SageTV off of my server so does that mean I don't generate a Sagetvclient log? I didn't see one.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Custom Online Video + SageMC?

Dirk and/or Mike,
Is "Custom Online Videos" support on the list of to-do's for SageMC now that they've added it to the core SageTV? I'd love to have this at some point.

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Sage Expert

Hello Dirk,

I was wondering if you could take a look at the attached STV at a few changes I had made to the "My Video" section to include an "All Videos" option, and changed the count on the filesystem list to be include DVD and video files, and the sort to be by movie name instead of file name to possiblely be included in a future release of SageMC?

Thanks,
Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC-169-Custom-6.zip (592.7 KB, 221 views)
Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
No worries Dirk, I'm a relative newbie to Sage so unfortunately, I'm very literal at this time.

Now, a question, I run SageTV off of my server so does that mean I don't generate a Sagetvclient log? I didn't see one.
Hi skyeclad,

no you are right, if you use the UI on your server you don't have a client log file. The thing is that your log file doesn't contain any indication of UI activity, that's why I assumed you must be running the UI somewhere else. So you're definitely starting the UI on your server machine ?

Dirk
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi skyeclad,

no you are right, if you use the UI on your server you don't have a client log file. The thing is that your log file doesn't contain any indication of UI activity, that's why I assumed you must be running the UI somewhere else. So you're definitely starting the UI on your server machine ?

Dirk
Yes, I restarted the service and UI and then went to RSS feeds just to cause the error to show up. Then I went and opened the log file and really didn't see any messages pertaining to UI activity. Is there an incorrect properties setting at work here?
Old 02-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Don't forget: when using service mode, the UI acts as a client -- see the start of Appendix A in the PDF manual regarding service & UI properties files.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk / Mike: Misc stuff

Today is the first chance I had to try the 6.3.7a update. I have only tried a couple of things which was most important to me; and, both didnt work as I expected.

1) Mouse support: Isn't the highlight bar suppose to follow where the mouse goes on the menu items... just like the rest of the selectable objects on the screen? I move my mouse onto a menu item; and nothing happens. However, if I do click it, it does take me to to the menu. I have tried reinstalling the 6.3.7a update a couple of times and still get the same result.

2) Main Menu clone / Submenu clone features still dont work at all. If I am in a submenu that I've made, and select "Clone Main menu", nothing happens. This has never worked for me. It would be so nice if I could use this feature. Edit: It looks like kricker from this forum has the same issue as me. I have mentioned about this specific problem as far back as after the jar update that was supposed to fix this.

Here are some minor things I've noticed:

a) Some menu icon text isn't centered anymore. See attached pictures. This issue is much more pronounced when sageTV is switched to window mode instead of full screen mode. The text is pushed to the left. Edit: I just added a picture of what it looks like when sageTV is in window mode.

b) Full sageMC 6.3.7a installer has the same issue as the initial release of the update version... I get a version mismatch error message. I had to use the update instead of the full version for that message not to show.

c) Also, it appears that the new recent/upcoming objects aren't alpha-blended anymore. I didn't see any options to change/enable/disable this.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-0060.jpg (47.2 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot-0062.jpg (5.5 KB, 227 views)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 02-29-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I upgraded to version 6.3.10 of sage and my DVD profiler import problems went away. All that work and speculation for a bug that had already been fixed. Sigh.

-Mike
Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
What is the proper theme.properties setting or settings to control font color?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Sage Icon

Capitalization not working on extender

Not sure if this is an issue in the STV or not, but I will start here. On an HD Extender, I was trying to add a new sub-menu item, and in the part where you give the new menu item a name, I got the text entry popup. I pressed the Guide button to go from CAPS to non-CAPS, and on the screen the letters below each number key would change correctly. However any letters that actually got typed were always lower case. So for example, as I was adding the Movie Times menu item, with the keys locked into CAPS mode, my text entry gave me "movie times" with no CAPS.

Any ideas?

*EDIT* forgot to mention, running MC 6.3.7a (latest full install) on a clean install of Sage 6.3.9 beta for Windows.

Last edited by Kirby; 02-29-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

BUG: DVD Audio/Subtitles Menu.

Hi,

If you bring up the DVD audio/subtitles menu (press up arrow) the 'Audio' and 'Subtitles Off' text have the last few pixels missing.

Regards,

Nick.
Closed Thread