SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Any idea's? I have not tried all functions, but playback and so one seem all to work.

Jan
Update df_sageutils.jar as well. The warning doesn't distinguish between them.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

MeInMaui and flachbar,

Thanks! When I was checking I noticed that other thread also, and applied the change - worked as a charme.

Thanks ,

Jan
Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Dirk... I missed this response earlier! I appreciate the tip. I'll try it tonight....

EDIT: This didn't work. I cycled through "Movies, disabled, all"... every shows except for the actor picture.

.... I'll try rebooting my machine when I get home. Maybe this might be necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Go to the SageMC options 'IMDB Autol Lookup", cycle once through all values, and then leave it at "All"

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 03-11-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

I've got an icon showing up near my clock on my placeshifter client (but its not there on either of my HD extenders or on the server GUI). Can anyone let me know what it might be for, how to clear it, or what to do? See attachment.

Just a bit mroe info, the little "i" icon only is there on my placeshifter when running SageMC. There is no icon (recording conflict, etc) on the default STV on the placeshifter. This is very odd....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon.JPG (32.1 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by Kirby; 03-11-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Sage User

I'm a former WMC user and I wanted to thank you for SageMC, it blows away anything Microsoft did with WMC. I've read all the posts about My Movies (I used My Movies for years) however after running SageMC for a month now I think SageMC is a great replacement, and even does some things better. However, there are two My Movies features that I do miss and I would appreciate you considering these feature requests for some future SageMC release.

1) Sort by date. When you have a large movie collection it can be nice to just sort by date and see the newest movies added to the collection. Sometimes I'm just interested in a "New Release" and I don't want to scroll through all the old movies to find it. Is this something that could be added (it would be the exact same Sort by Date functionality that My TV has)?

2) Playing Movies Trailers. This request isn't a high priority at all, but My Movies had the ability to add an http link to the movies trailer and then when you sit down to see what movie you want to watch you can play the trailers. Again, this is a "nice to have" but it isn't something I used a lot (maybe once a month). However, it is something that was a really nice feature of My Movies that I miss now.

Thank you for the great work you've done with SageMC, it has made SageTV a great product.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I'm having an odd problem where some retrieved video files are having a problem playing back. SageMC thinks that the beginning of each file is actually the end so immediately it presents a screen to restart, delete or stop. If I hit the rewind button the timeline starts going negative, -1:00. Also the timeline starts in the middle and where the video actually is the line is blue.

How do I correct for this. I want SageMC to know where the true start of a show is right from the get go. Thanks in advance.
I had a very similar issue, however, in my case it wasn't a problem with SageMC (the problem was with the way I was importing the videos into Sage). To fix my problem I used Sage Webserver. This is a nice free utility that you can find in the download section of the forums. Once you get it installed, you can find your show with the problem and then select Edit Show Info. At the bottom of the page there are two settings: File Start Time and File Duration. Once I fixed those settings everything worked correctly for me.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelwood View Post
I had a very similar issue, however, in my case it wasn't a problem with SageMC (the problem was with the way I was importing the videos into Sage). To fix my problem I used Sage Webserver. This is a nice free utility that you can find in the download section of the forums. Once you get it installed, you can find your show with the problem and then select Edit Show Info. At the bottom of the page there are two settings: File Start Time and File Duration. Once I fixed those settings everything worked correctly for me.
Thanks Jelwood. I'm going to look into this and try it out. I was thinking that somewhere Sage had the wrong idea of when the show time starts but I didn't know where to look for that property. I'm going to see if this works tonight.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks Dirk... I missed this response earlier! I appreciate the tip. I'll try it tonight....

EDIT: This didn't work. I cycled through "Movies, disabled, all"... every shows except for the actor picture.

.... I'll try rebooting my machine when I get home. Maybe this might be necessary?
For what it's worth, I have tried both cycling through the choices, as wel as re-booting, and I still don't get the actor picture. I get all the other data, including the cover picture, but not the actor picture.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
there are two My Movies features that I do miss and I would appreciate you considering these feature requests for some future SageMC release.

1) Sort by date. When you have a large movie collection it can be nice to just sort by date and see the newest movies added to the collection.
2) Playing Movies Trailers.
I'm a huge fan of SageMC and used to use Beyond Media's DVDLibrary. The sort by date feature is one I REALLY miss more than anything else. Would also be nice to play movie trailers, but I'm using the netflix plugin for this at the moment which works quite well.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Need some help. I've moved some things around in the house and have done a fresh install of SageTV Client, then SageMC on my client PC with zero other add-ons thus far. Everythings working as expected EXCEPT for the fact that comskip monitor (supposed to be built in to SageMC) isn't working.

I'm using the latest version of SageTV Client and the latest version of SageMC.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Need some help. I've moved some things around in the house and have done a fresh install of SageTV Client, then SageMC on my client PC with zero other add-ons thus far. Everythings working as expected EXCEPT for the fact that comskip monitor (supposed to be built in to SageMC) isn't working.

Make sure you are using UNC paths or SageMC won't be able to see the .edl files.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I tried rebooting too. Cycling through those menu items. I get movie posters, and all other IMDB info, just not the actor picture. Dirk any other ideas why this might be happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSlade View Post
For what it's worth, I have tried both cycling through the choices, as wel as re-booting, and I still don't get the actor picture. I get all the other data, including the cover picture, but not the actor picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Make sure you are using UNC paths or SageMC won't be able to see the .edl files.

Aloha,
Mike
I'm using UNC paths for my recording directories. My serverPC, HD extender and SD extender all point to those UNC paths and recognize the comskip files just fine. My clientPC however doesn't for some reason. What could I be missing?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm using UNC paths for my recording directories. My serverPC, HD extender and SD extender all point to those UNC paths and recognize the comskip files just fine.
The serverPC, HD and SD extenders all read the comskip files directly from the server, so they don't need UNC paths.

Quote:
My clientPC however doesn't for some reason. What could I be missing?
Look at the recording details for the recording you are trying to play with comskip files. Does it show something like \\Server\Recordings\tvshow-12345.mpg or does it show E:\Recordings\tvshow-12345.mpg? You may need to load the default UI temporarily to see the recording location for the file.

If you just recently went to UNC paths, any old recordins will still show the old drive path. New recordings with the UNC path should work on the client, but old recordings won't due to the old drive path. Sage doesn't automatically repath all the recordings if it can still see them in the original location.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
If you just recently went to UNC paths, any old recordins will still show the old drive path. New recordings with the UNC path should work on the client, but old recordings won't due to the old drive path. Sage doesn't automatically repath all the recordings if it can still see them in the original location.
Ah, that makes sense to me. I'll do a little research to see if that was the problem.

By the way, if instead of using UNC paths I just map my client PC and use the exact same mapping scheme (eg. o/recordings/sageshows) as I did on my server PC would the client PC see all of the comskip (edl) files even for the older recordings?
EDIT: Just tried making the path on the client PC exactly like the path on the server PC and that did allow the client PC to see all of the comskip files including older recordings which was what I needed. I did this instead of typing in the UNC path for this reason. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Brent; 03-11-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
By the way, if instead of using UNC paths I just map my client PC and use the exact same mapping scheme (eg. o/recordings/sageshows) as I did on my server PC would the client PC see all of the comskip (edl) files even for the older recordings?
Yup, if you can duplicate the mapping path on the client, it should work. You need to share the root of the Server's recording drive and on the client PC, map that share with the same drive letter that the server uses. That way, when the client sees that the recording is at O:/recordings/sageshows, it will look at that same directory for the .edl file. With the mapped drive, it will look at its own O: drive and be able to find the .edl file.

edit: I see your edit that you got it working. Cool. Now, you can either keep the UNC path or go back to have Sage recording to the O: drive. Doesn't really matter, except for in the future if you added additonal PC clients, you'd need to duplicate the drive mapping if you didn't use UNC paths.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 03-11-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Jack,
That did it! Thanks so much for the help as I was pulling my hair out on this one.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Although I can change start time, I can't change the file duration setting.
Which currently says it's 2 seconds even though it's a 7GB file. So, there's definitely something going on there.

Mitch
Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Although I can change start time, I can't change the file duration setting.
Which currently says it's 2 seconds even though it's a 7GB file. So, there's definitely something going on there.
It sounds like there is a problem with the header information in the container. What container is this file (mpg, avi, mp4, mkv)? Also, do you know what application did the encoding? Lastly, if you open this file with VLC (or something similar) what does it report as the duration (if you open it with WMP it can also show the file duration)?

I've had problems like this in the past when I picked a conversion application that didn't do a good job with certain containers (mp4 seems to give some applications fits) and I've had good success with simply re-muxing the file using ffmpeg. Below is an example command line. Using the copy switches causes ffmpeg to just read the streams from one file and write them into the new file, and in the process re-doing all the container information (re-muxing).

ffmpeg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -i "inputfile.mp4" "outputfile.mp4"

In some cases you have to remove the subtitle stream for it to work (for containers like mkv). If that is the case with your file you can add the -sn command to tell ffmpeg not to do anything with the subtitles. So, the example would look like this:

ffmpeg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -sn -i "inputfile.mkv" "outputfile.mkv"

I don't know if this really helps, but it's the next thing I'd look at.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well, the file is an .mpg file created by an HD Homerun.
Given my set up, it's hard for me to see how the file runs in other applications like VLC. I would have to copy it over to another PC and it's a 7GB file. So, I've been reluctant.
That said, I scheduled a file conversion in Sage to see if that helps.
Otherwise, I'll look into the ffmpeg stuff you mentioned.

Thanks,

Mitch
Closed Thread