SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

On the latest SageMC version I've had to disable menu icon animation on my HD Extenders. There are a lot of artifacts during the animation - so much so that it is annoying. It is hard to describe what I'm seeing - but the area where the text is seems to be hit the most. The layout I posted here is what I am still using.

Anyone else seeing weird graphic artifacts when things are animating around?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Sage User

podcasts in SageMC?

I understand that the RSS reader built into SageMC can handle podcasts, but is there any way to set it up so that it pre-downloads the episode as soon as it's available?

My internet connection is not fast enough to stream HD video podcasts, so I'd like for my Sage PC to download them in the background so they're waiting for me. I've looked into external podcast clients (e.g. Juice), and I guess I could set it up to download the file to one of my media folders. But I'm hoping for better integration with SageMC (e.g. a ticker to let me know a new episode is available, with the ability to launch the episode in a few simple clicks.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this, either with the built-in RSS reader or with an external app?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was just looking up some future recordings when I noticed that instead of seeing stacked red circles indicating a series recording, I saw stacked green circles. What do stacked green circles mean?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I was just looking up some future recordings when I noticed that instead of seeing stacked red circles indicating a series recording, I saw stacked green circles. What do stacked green circles mean?
They were probably grey circles. They mean that the series is set as a favorite, but those particular showings are not going to be recorded either due to watched status, already having been recorded or already being scheduled to record in another time slot.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, I see the green circles for upcoming recordings that are in the "distant" future - beyond the 3 day recording window.
So, I interpret the green circles to mean it will be recorded, it's just not on the upcoming recordings list, yet.

Mitch
Old 03-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Actually, I see the green circles for upcoming recordings that are in the "distant" future - beyond the 3 day recording window.
So, I interpret the green circles to mean it will be recorded, it's just not on the upcoming recordings list, yet.

Mitch
I think this is what it must be. I noticed that they tend to be farther out. Although I did set up my recording look ahead for 7 days out. However, I was confused as to why some of the series recordings had green stacked circles. Once I set a new series I noticed that for a brief second I had green circles and then they changed immediately to red.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Different background for main page

Some of the best new layouts use backgrounds that are really only suitable for the main page. Is it possible to use an alternate background or the theme background for all the other pages in SageMC?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSSageUser View Post
Some of the best new layouts use backgrounds that are really only suitable for the main page. Is it possible to use an alternate background or the theme background for all the other pages in SageMC?
Yes, backgrounds can be specified on a per-menu basis. An example of this is in my Liquid theme. The background file definitions are in the theme.properties file.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Sage User

Is the IMDBCache of coverart jpg files supposed to work when the recorded files are moved to an import video dir?

My cover art seems to have disappeared when I moved files from my recording drive to my movie drive (which has its dir listed as a video import dir instead of a recording dir). I moved both the mpg and .my file.

Also if I place the .my files in the manual .my or metadata path that is configured will the metedata get correctly picked up?

Thanks..

-- John
Old 03-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Anyone else seeing weird graphic artifacts when things are animating around?
Nothing with the menus... I am seeing some weirdness with the video icons. Sometimes the "selected" green highlight is in front of the dvd cover art, and sometimes it's behind it. Weird.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Yes, backgrounds can be specified on a per-menu basis. An example of this is in my Liquid theme. The background file definitions are in the theme.properties file.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks, Mike. Worked like a charm, but to belabor the point, it would be "nice" (meaning someone else should do it ) if there was the option in selecting the background in the SageMC options to apply it only to the main page or to all pages. That way there would be no need to change every theme's property file.

Mahalo,
Larry
Old 03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

External Player

Question...
I fished around a bit here and came up with this:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=avi

Alright, all I want to do is to limit the external player to just that type of file.
I have edited Sage.properties (not running clients), dropped that line in and the external player (Gom Player) also grabs every other file type to play externally.

Was this from another version or is there something new that needs to be done now?

I am running latest releases of Sage and MC....
Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy View Post
Question...
I fished around a bit here and came up with this:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=avi

Alright, all I want to do is to limit the external player to just that type of file.
I have edited Sage.properties (not running clients), dropped that line in and the external player (Gom Player) also grabs every other file type to play externally.

Was this from another version or is there something new that needs to be done now?

I am running latest releases of Sage and MC....
As of the latest version, all SageMC properties have been migrated to

sagemc/...

and the setting looks like it has to include the dot as well. So try setting

sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=.avi

and see if that works.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
As of the latest version, all SageMC properties have been migrated to

sagemc/...

and the setting looks like it has to include the dot as well. So try setting

sagemc/limit_external_to_extensions=.avi
Thanks, that explains where everything went.... also, did not use the dot and it worked fine.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage User

cover art

Hi

I have just switched to sagemc from the default stv, one thing i have noticed is that when running on my mvp and playing music if I use the visualisations (cover art) then after the first song of an album the cover art disappears and won't come back, even if i cold boot the mvp's the cover art for the previously played album is missing, yet it is still there on the server? is this a known problem or do i need to configure something.

cheers
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

How do i return to the main menu?

once i'm in "My Menu", there does not seem to be a way to return to the Main menu. It's been driving me crazy.

Other than that, this looks real nice. I do miss the go back button that is in the upper left corner on the regular SageTV. I now have to click the left arrow to go up one level.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
once i'm in "My Menu", there does not seem to be a way to return to the Main menu. It's been driving me crazy.

Other than that, this looks real nice. I do miss the go back button that is in the upper left corner on the regular SageTV. I now have to click the left arrow to go up one level.
You need to bind a remote button to the "Back" command in order to get back.

One thing, since it sounds like you are using a mouse, you may be interested in, is the Toolbar plugin for SageMC by MeInMaui. It is more mouse friendly!

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...hlight=toolbar

Check the download section (link on the first post of the thread) for some screenshots.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post

If you are using keyboard/remote, you can either use the "Left" button/key to go back (enable "Left as back" in the SageMC Main menu specific options), or you can bind any button/key to the "Back" command in Detailed Setup / Link commands.

If you are using a mouse, there is a "hidden" back-spot in the left upper corner of each menu that will bring you back, or you can use MeInMaui's Toolbar like Geogecko said.

Dirk
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I tried rebooting too. Cycling through those menu items. I get movie posters, and all other IMDB info, just not the actor picture. Dirk any other ideas why this might be happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSlade View Post
For what it's worth, I have tried both cycling through the choices, as wel as re-booting, and I still don't get the actor picture. I get all the other data, including the cover picture, but not the actor picture.
Must have misunderstood your questions (I thought you had an issue with cover art for Movies <-> TV series), and I didn't notice that you were talking about the "actor" pictures. I'll have a look at this.

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 03-17-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks

I'll give it a try. i did notice that hidden back button in the upper left corner (I thought something was wrong with my display :-) but it doesn't work for the My Menu screen and neither does the left arrow - although the left arrow works for every other screen but not all screens have the hidden button working, it seems.
Closed Thread