SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc
Is there an RSS reader for SAGEMC? Blockbusters new interface now has RSS. Can I use the Default Sage RSS plugin?
SageMC has nielm's RSS reader built-in ...

Just link to 'Rss News Feeds -- nielm' via the dynamic menus

Dirk
Old 08-01-2006, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I debugged into it, and at first glance this seemed to be a bug in the Sage core: the scheduled recording list is first filled up correctly, but a following call to sort the list according to AiringStartTime simply empties the list ... ! I checked the default STV, and sure enough, there is no sorting call. But later I found some similar sorting in the malore schedules (which seems to work), so I am back to square one. I'll look further into it when I get the time ...
Figured this one out. It actually is some problematic code in the STV, but it's still weird that it only manifests itself when manual recordings are present. Anyway, this will be fixed in the next version. Until then, I can assure you that this is only a display thing, no scheduled recordings would get missed ...

For the ones who cant wait and are familiar with Studio: find all three occurences of

Code:
Schedule = DataUnion(UnresolvedConflicts, Schedule)
and replace them with

Code:
 Schedule = If(Size(UnresolvedConflicts) > 0, DataUnion(UnresolvedConflicts, Schedule), Schedule)
Dirk
Old 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl later tonight.

On a related question, how do you make a timed recording in SageMC? I had to switch to the standard stv to find the option.

Last edited by kricker; 08-01-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
On a related question, how do you make a timed recording in SageMC? I had to switch to the standard stv to find the option.
Yeah, his is the only way to do it right now ...

Dirk
Old 08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, just checking. I made the changes and here is the file, as long as flachbar doesn't mind me posting it, 'til the next version is out. There are two files; one for just the stv, and one for the stv with webradio and movietimes already imported.

SageMC 16x9 vs 6.8
SageMC_16x9_timer_remix.xml

SageMC 16x9 vs 6.8+webradio+movietimes - timer remix
SageMC_16x9_wr_mt_timer_remix.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_16x9_timer_remix.zip (384.0 KB, 203 views)
File Type: zip SageMC_16x9_wr_mt_timer_remix.zip (425.2 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by kricker; 08-02-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage Expert

Request wife wants better movie search

There was a module back in the Malore days called Malore's custom menu or something like that. It was essentially a custom "guide" of upcomming shows and movies that could be sorted and grouped in any concievable manner. I think we had 5 custom guides set up at one point that we used rarely at that time due to my wifes understanding of SageTV. Now that we are both veterans of this way of life, it would be great to have it back.

Specifically,
I would like especially to have way to list movies between say 2005-2006 as not the 'first air' date but the date the movie was released. Apparently the info is there to be sorted. Star ratings was also something nice he added which you did as well Dirk. I would love to have an easy way to search for upcomming movies and filter by 'release date' as opposed to 'first air date' if possible.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I would like especially to have way to list movies between say 2005-2006 as not the 'first air' date but the date the movie was released. Apparently the info is there to be sorted. Star ratings was also something nice he added which you did as well Dirk. I would love to have an easy way to search for upcomming movies and filter by 'release date' as opposed to 'first air date' if possible.
Kind of like what I was referring to in #4 from this post?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=599

-Jason
Old 08-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage Expert

Absolutely YES! Those Malore special menu's were even more extensive than what you listed. You could really 'granularize' the search for new shows and movies with it. It was really slick. He kept adding to it all the time. I just asked Malore in both forum and PM about this as it seems he has just become active again. I suspect we will see some activity there. I would never consider abandoning SageMC for such a feature. I can't even imagine life without SAGEMC. It's just so much better than the 'old way' I am referring to with Malore but this one set of guides as an add-on was some kind of slick. Now that my wife and I are both SAGEMC Vetrans, we're ready!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Kind of like what I was referring to in #4 from this post?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=599

-Jason
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Figured this one out. It actually is some problematic code in the STV, but it's still weird that it only manifests itself when manual recordings are present. Anyway, this will be fixed in the next version. Until then, I can assure you that this is only a display thing, no scheduled recordings would get missed ...
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The twins are taking up a lot of time! Thanks for taking the time to get to the bottom of this Dirk. Much mahalos (thanks).

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Say, any chance for rolling in .edl support for commercial skipping? A new comskim stvi was just released to support the new commercial timing file format but I am leery of installing it since it SageMC already has some kind of comskip support in it. That seems like asking for trouble.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

Would it make a difference? Is the edl file supposed to be more accurate or something? I know that SA can already do this file type as well...
Old 08-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, supporting edl files would make a difference. Sundansx, the author of the new stvi, explains the problem with txt files as follows:'

From READ ME with comskip_pb_imp_edl_dly.stvi
Quote:
The old comskip stvi used the .txt files generated by showanalyzer to grok commercial segments. These files used framed number indexes to indicate segments and as a result Sage had to know the framerate of the video to calculate the timeindex to Seek() to when jumping around. The comskip NTSC or PAL setting in sage is how it calculated these values. That worked ok, unless you had mixed PAL and NTSC shows, or worse yet, HDTV shows that were 60 frames per second. I have some of those, and commercial skip was not useful. Enter .edl...
.edl files contain time offsets, so with a simple time unit adjustment (sage talks in miliseconds and .edl talks in seconds) Sage can almost use these numbers directly. The files were in a slightly different format than .txt files.
.edl support would increase accuracy of commercial skipping in HD files. It is the only thing standing in the way of me using SageMCE.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Hmm...not a bad idea, but this probably would need to be selectable in the option settings in SageMC, and default to txt files. That way, people that don't want to change their comskip/SA setup, will not be affected, but those that want to use EDL files could switch over to them.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe edl is also more accurate with SD files because it outputs the time of the skip instead of the frame. There was a lot of talk about the subject awhile back, but I don't recall all the details.

The SageMC comskip doesn't (at least older versions didn't) temporarily disable skipping when you press custom 4, which is really annoying. There was a bug with the temporary disabling in the old comskip import that would turn it off instead of temporarily disabling it. It was fixed in the edl comskip import. Also there was a problem with a never ending commercial loop at the beginning and end of certain shows using comskip and the old import that was fixed with the edl import.

The problem is it can only use .edl and not .txt files. Even if SageMC continues to support .txt files instead of .edl it would be nice if the bug fixes in the .edl capable import were added to SageMC.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl later tonight.

Just as a follow up: you can schedule a timed recording from within SageMC, when I cleaned up the STV I left those standard screens in there ... So if you dont mind the 'Theme' mismatch, you can simply create a new 'My Menu' item and link it to the Internal screen 'Manual Recordings'. Just note that the code to exit the menu screen seems to be missing, so after you have selected "Once/Daily/Weekly" the recording has been created, but you will remain on this screen, and you have to go to a different menu manually. I will add a link to the main menu in the next version as a workaround.

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp.JPG (28.1 KB, 231 views)
Old 08-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage Icon

Cool, Thanks for the info. I don't think I have ever made a timed recording, so I am in no hurry for it as others maybe. If we need new graphics to skin that screen, maybe Mike or myself can whip something up for you.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

I'd definitely second adding support for the edl files.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

I've now manually added the edl comskip code after removing the old code. It works OK, but the timebar isn't displaying right. If I can get that fixed, I'll see if I can get an import made and credit to the original author.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I've now manually added the edl comskip code after removing the old code. It works OK, but the timebar isn't displaying right. If I can get that fixed, I'll see if I can get an import made and credit to the original author.
Nice, looking forward to it.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

I've got the timebar working now. The import may take a week or so since I don't have much time other than weekends.
Closed Thread