SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yes, it is possible that the FCL plugin is causing this (I'm not using it, and the Guide button works fine here). Some of the Themes in 6.9 have been renamed, and I think FCL is using at least one of them. I already emailed Bob about this issue, but he probably just didn't have time to look at it yet ...

Dirk
I'll look at this tonight and see what is up.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I added the corresponding code from the default STV for "-" handling in SageMC 6.9b. Give it a try and let me know if it works now ...

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

The "-" now appears, but it is not working the way the standard STV does. For instance I tried changing to 4-1 this morning by pressing 4#1(Enter) on the MCE remote. The stations did something but then ended up back on the same channel I was on. In the stock STV this would have changed me to 4-1. Please let me know if I should be changing channels in a different fashion.

TIA

B
Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone found dirk's little easter egg he left us?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been able to get Flachbar's MCE working on my PC by changing the line in the SageClient.Properties file to include .xml, however I cannot get it to recognize anything other than .stv files on my mvp, how can I fix this?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I have a different watched issue. When sorting a show by "orig", sometimes marking a show watched will cause the items to change their order (ie. 3 and 5 will switch places). It seems to happen when two or more things have the same original air date, due to the guide not getting the right info.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

The search filter option under the My TV menu seems to have a different look than I remember. Is that the Easter egg, or did that change some time back and I didn't notice? I don't use search so often.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
The search filter option under the My TV menu seems to have a different look than I remember. Is that the Easter egg, or did that change some time back and I didn't notice? I don't use search so often.
Do you mean the 'select-as-you-type' in "Search By Title" ? No, this has been changed in some earlier version ...

Dirk
Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you mean the 'select-as-you-type' in "Search By Title" ? No, this has been changed in some earlier version ...

Dirk
Oh, ok. Well, you make so many updates, it is like Easter eggs everywhere for me.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Oh, ok. Well, you make so many updates, it is like Easter eggs everywhere for me.
Yeah, what he said . The EDL support & left & right arrow to jump over commercials are easter egg enough for me .
Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Think I found a bug flachbar...

Since downloading 6.9b (not sure about earlier 6.9 builds) I can't seem to use the "Guide" button to pull up the EPG while watching a show (live or recorded). The "Guide" button still jumps to the EPG from every menu I've tried like it should, it just isn't doing anything anymore when I'm watching tv.

I do have the Favorite Channels List plugin installed - don't know if that should make a difference - I've been using it with 6.8 without any problems...

Thanks!
I have a change that flachbar sent me that will fix one of the links in the import that is broken but there are many others that I will have to figure out as well. I'm surprized my FCL plugin even imported at all frankly. It may be the weekend before I get this updated.

BobP
Old 08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

EDL support using SA

Hi all,

Since I am not using comskip to detect commercials, I am a little confused how to turn on support for the EDL files that SA outputs in this STV. Can someone elaborate for me?

TIA

B
Old 08-16-2006, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Hi all,

Since I am not using comskip to detect commercials, I am a little confused how to turn on support for the EDL files that SA outputs in this STV. Can someone elaborate for me?

TIA

B
Hi bcjenkins,

it doesnt matter if you use Comskip or SA, SageMC will use the .edl file automatically if it finds it. No configuration necessary ...

Dirk
Old 08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
I have a change that flachbar sent me that will fix one of the links in the import that is broken but there are many others that I will have to figure out as well. I'm surprized my FCL plugin even imported at all frankly. It may be the weekend before I get this updated.

BobP
Well this wasn't as big a problem as I thought. Apparently when imported and a link is missing the import code does not link further code. That is why I saw so many links missing. When I fixed the link point that flachbar told me about the rest then worked fine. Anyway just download the FCL plugin again and install the 6.9b version included in the download.

BobP.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any chance that a switch could be added to stop the back button taking you to video. For example if I finish watching something and lazily press back (when I really mean take me to menu) the last few builds have taken me to live TV.

I can't remember when this started to happen but it hadn't used to be the case (or I wouldn't have developed the bad habit).

Cheers
Eric
Old 08-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown
I've been able to get Flachbar's MCE working on my PC by changing the line in the SageClient.Properties file to include .xml, however I cannot get it to recognize anything other than .stv files on my mvp, how can I fix this?
Anyone? Or is this a dumb question that I should know the answer to? I did search and couldn't fing anything for what its worth.

~Brian

Nevermind, I forgot to edit the properties file in the Clients folder too, my mistake!

Last edited by VikingCrown; 08-17-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
Is there any chance that a switch could be added to stop the back button taking you to video. For example if I finish watching something and lazily press back (when I really mean take me to menu) the last few builds have taken me to live TV.

I can't remember when this started to happen but it hadn't used to be the case (or I wouldn't have developed the bad habit).

Cheers
Eric
You know, I noticed this too, and I think the change happened, when the feature to go back to the previous menu (or something similar) after hitting stop twice, got implemented.

The way it used to work, if you hit stop x 2, is that it would go the main menu. Now, no matter what that setting (the one about where it should end up after hitting stop x 2), it appears to go to either LiveTV, or just the menu before the show.

I'm so used to hitting "back" to get to the main menu, that I always end up in LiveTV.

So, to summarize, this is the way I think the feature was supposed to be implemented:
If the option to return to previous menu (sorry, I do not remember what it is called, since I'm at work) is set, it should go to the menu item just before the show detail. If not set, it should go back to the main menu.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown
Anyone? Or is this a dumb question that I should know the answer to? I did search and couldn't fing anything for what its worth.

~Brian

Nevermind, I forgot to edit the properties file in the Clients folder too, my mistake!
Yep, gets me every time too...
Old 08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Possible refinement!

Hi Dirk,

SageMC just keeps getting better, the "polish" it adds to Sage is really great to watch and to use.

I do have a request that came from a conversation with a friend that now uses Sage but previously had a lot of experience with Replay TV. The behavior of the "Com. Auto Skip" option during playback currently is a set and remember function. A configurable option to have the user choose whether it starts out enabled, not enabled, or last state each time you begin playback of a recording but be turn-off-able during that recording's playback would be useful. That way you could start out using CS or SA generated files to skip commercials but disable (or enable) it, only for the duration of the current recording, should the detection be faulty for that recording. This would be really good for me, where SA does a great job on most of what I watch but only occasionally fails to correctly detect the commercial segments. It wold be nice to have it work without intervention, except for those few problematic recordings.

Also, are you planning to include the commercial segment marker transparency parameter in the SageMC Options:Colors screen? It is nice not to have to stop Sage to edit the properties file!

Thanks,

Lynn
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The way it used to work, if you hit stop x 2, is that it would go the main menu. Now, no matter what that setting (the one about where it should end up after hitting stop x 2), it appears to go to either LiveTV, or just the menu before the show.

I'm so used to hitting "back" to get to the main menu, that I always end up in LiveTV.
Hi geogecko and something fishy,

I am still a little confused... Do you mean that after hitting stop twice (once to show the 'Stop' dialog, and a second time while in this dialog) it goes back to live TV ? I noticed this sometimes too, and I think the reason is (the STV simply issues a 'Back' command) that for some reason a manu triggering LiveTV seems to be next in the chain. But this should not happen if you disable the setting 'Back On Stop', then it always executes the direct link to the Main Menu. I tried this here several times, and it works as expected.

Or do you means that pressing the "Back" button doesnt work ? If so, from which menu ?

For the issue in the Stop dialog I'll try to find a solution, maybe I can inspect the Sage back history and skip to the next non-LiveTV menu ...

Dirk
Old 08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I have a different watched issue. When sorting a show by "orig", sometimes marking a show watched will cause the items to change their order (ie. 3 and 5 will switch places). It seems to happen when two or more things have the same original air date, due to the guide not getting the right info.
So this happens on recordings with the same Original Air date, and the sort order is Original Air date ? Well, my guess is that the watched status does affect how the Sage core engine (which performs the sort) returns recordings which are equal according to the sort key... I will have to verify this, but in that case there is not much SageMC can do, it simply calls the SageTV sort API ...

Dirk
Closed Thread