SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I also noticed that on the guide by channel the header is messed up.
Can you post a screenshot ? I just checked, looks fine for me ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage Expert

Search/Schedule could combine

The Series screen (sub-menu on the Schedule screen) and the Search screen, both choices from the "My TV" screen, are a little redundant. If tweaked a little, they could be combined and simplified together in one place. I humbly suggest the following:

The Search screen contains all the same options (category, title, and keyword) that the Series screen does with the exception of 'by actor' which would not be hard to add. SageMC doesn't need a separate location for Series because anytime you search for category, title, keyword, etc, you have the option of choosing to record either one episode or the series if you want.

I am humbly suggesting we think about combining them and here is my thought process to date.

1) Rename Series screen to Favorites Manager
Rename the Series screen to "Favorites Manager" or "Season Pass Manager" or something and list that data just as it is listed now on the Series screen under Schedule.
Leave the left side options behind as they exist elsewhere.
The options that were to the left of the Series screen (now called "Favorites Manager") or at least the three of them (new by title, category, keyword) can be left behind as those items already appear on the Search screen complete with their ability to add either as a single show or a Favorite. The only thing that might have to be moved would be the new by Actor choice (better still add some others - new by year, premiers (already somewhere), star rating, channel, etc).

3) Create a FIND STUFF choice on the My TV Screen (combines 'Movies', 'Guide(s)', 'Search', and 'New Suggestions')
  • Move 'Search' into it (with the same already existing options 'by title', by category', 'by keyword', etc)
  • Move 'Movies' into it.
  • Move the 'Guide' into it (even move Malore's Guides into it if you wish - more on that later as he has a SageMC ready version available).
  • And How about that FIND STUFF for a catchy name? Move the countless other methods that are sure to unfold regarding how to FIND STUFF into it.
  • Move 'New Suggestions' (now under 'Schedule') into it and consider renaming 'Schedule' to 'Upcomming Schedule' or 'Current Schedule'

Last edited by snoopy; 08-18-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can you post a screenshot ? I just checked, looks fine for me ...

Dirk
It's only when the clock format is set to date and time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide_by_channel_overlay.jpg (62.9 KB, 238 views)
Old 08-18-2006, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
It's only when the clock format is set to date and time.
Yeah, never used this format myself. This issue has actually always been in SageMC, and the date also bleeds into the Main menu items if you have more than 7 items enabled. Not sure yet how to approach this ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage Icon

I didn't realize it was the format of time until you asked for the screen shot. I can live with it now that I know to change to time only.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hmm, are you sure about that ? I just checked the code, and in the deletion case there is actually no "back" processing at all. It is hardcoded to always go to the "Recorded TV" screen if the deleted file was a TV recording, or to the 'My Videos" screen if it was a library file. I thought this behavior made sense, but if you guys think the My TV screen would be better we can talk about it ...

Dirk
Oh, so that's it. I figured it was just a back, but it looks like you're right. It does always go back to Recorded TV. I think that's fine, I was just confused about the difference between pressing stop twice, or deleting the show I was watching.

I guess either way is fine with me, but it appears that *someone* else likes it that way. That's fine. Now that I understand where it is going, it's not that bad.

In a way, I guess you couldn't make it "back" on deletion, because that screen wouldn't exist after you delete it!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
...but it appears that *someone* else likes it that way...
I'm not just a *someone*, I'm a *somebody* too.......I've also been called various other things I rather not post
Old 08-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I'm not just a *someone*, I'm a *somebody* too.......I've also been called various other things I rather not post
How'd you know I was talking about you?! Yes, you are something...I mean, someone, very special. After all, you gave me my SageTV main menu icon...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:14 AM
SageTVaholic

sniff sniff.....I'm feeling a little like the ex- here.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
sniff sniff.....I'm feeling a little like the ex- here.
...more like I am a fleeting mistress, and you are the loyal wife producing many wonderful offspring.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm....If I work this right maybe I can get some expensive jewelry out of this?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hmmm....If I work this right maybe I can get some expensive jewelry out of this?
LOL...good one.
Anyone know how I can get the .my files SageMC can now generate to use tags that I want to use instead of the ones it is currently generating. ie. I would like "TVOverview" to be "overview". Also does SageMC actually read these .my files if they are with a file in the import folder?

Last edited by kricker; 08-19-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL...good one.
Anyone know how I can get the .my files SageMC can now generate to use tags that I want to use instead of the ones it is currently generating. ie. I would like "TVOverview" to be "overview".
Hi Karl,

no this is not possible. Are you using the .my files with some other application, or why else would you want to do that ?

Quote:
Also does SageMC actually read these .my files if they are with a file in the import folder?
Yes of course, that is the whole point of having .my files ... Whenever the file is present for a video file, SageMC will display the info from the file in the Program Info screen. Basically all Sage show attributes are stored in the TV* fields, so that a show previously recorded and then moved to the import folder should show up almost exactly as before.

Dirk
Old 08-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Sage User

On the topic of .my files, would it be possible and make sense to also have the ability to autogenerate or manully generate a .my file for files already imported in videos created from the information gathered from a IMDB search? I know this information is saved in sages db, but it appears to me that if you move a location of a file, on a refresh sage acts as if its a new file and you have to retrieive this information all over again, this becomes very evident when you move a large number of videos to a different drive or something.

Last edited by Vlar; 08-19-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

OK... more issues...

Dirk-

It seems I am on a roll... or maybe I should say that my family is... they can nit pick better than any other group I know!

1. When you first go into Movies->Genres, it shows like cap 1, but when 'back'ing out, it shows like cap 4.
2. Many of the menu widths are slightly different... Without popping open studio, it seems that they are all 'based' differently...? No? This is just restating from the previous post...
3. I know that mlbdude stated previously that he may look at it for the future, but how about adding the recordings IMDB pictures to the program info screen? A best guess may have to be given since several selections may be given. For example, moving the boxcover from pic 6 to pic 2
4. Can we have a 'setup/options' for the Sort/Filter options similiar to pic 3?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1.jpg (62.9 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_2.jpg (115.8 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_3.jpg (86.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_4.jpg (79.4 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_6.jpg (131.2 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by Jason; 08-19-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Expert

Dirk-

The forum will only let me upload five pics per post... but here is another issue...

When viewing the 'Cast' menu from the IMDB, the info is missing... pic 7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_7.jpg (49.9 KB, 218 views)

Last edited by Jason; 08-19-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Sage Icon

You guys are too much.

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to leave you out.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

It seems I am on a roll... or maybe I should say that my family is... they can nit pick better than any other group I know!

1. When you first go into Movies->Genres, it shows like cap 1, but when 'back'ing out, it shows like cap 4.
2. Many of the menu widths are slightly different... Without popping open studio, it seems that they are all 'based' differently...? No? This is just restating from the previous post...
Well, I can't reproduce any of the issues you reported so far, and I verified that on my system all menu widths are exactly the same ... Can you please post your menu width settings so that I can try these out here ?

Quote:
3. I know that mlbdude stated previously that he may look at it for the future, but how about adding the recordings IMDB pictures to the program info screen? A best guess may have to be given since several selections may be given. For example, moving the boxcover from pic 6 to pic 2
I'm sure there was a reason that mlbdude didnt implement this just like that, I guess this requires interfacing with nielms IMDB java code ... I'll take a look at it some time, but no promises ...

Quote:
4. Can we have a 'setup/options' for the Sort/Filter options similiar to pic 3?
You mean so that you can configure those options also in the SageMC options menu as an alternative to bringing up the Options menu ?

Dirk
Old 08-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Karl,
no this is not possible. Are you using the .my files with some other application, or why else would you want to do that ?
Yes, I was trying to bring them into Meedio. I'll figure out a way to rename the tags in Meedio then.
Quote:
Yes of course, that is the whole point of having .my files ... Whenever the file is present for a video file, SageMC will display the info from the file in the Program Info screen. Basically all Sage show attributes are stored in the TV* fields, so that a show previously recorded and then moved to the import folder should show up almost exactly as before.
Dirk
Ok, great, I wasn't sure if "Program screen" just meant the recorded tv screens or the imported video screens as well. I guess they are really one in the same though, now that I think about it.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
..first go into Movies->Genres, it shows like cap 1, but when 'back'ing out, it shows like cap 4.
2. Many of the menu widths are slightly different... Without popping open studio, it seems that they are all 'based' differently...? No? This is just restating from the previous post.....
FYI I also can not reproduce these problems. I even tried resizing my windowed SageTV to all sorts of sizes, thinking that was the problem (I know this can cause an issue in at least the detailed setup screen). My menu widths are set to the defaults.
Closed Thread