SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
I just upgraded to the new 6.10 and found what I beleive to be a pretty major bug.

When playing a dvd, you can navigate around the menus using the directional arrows. However, upon trying to select a menu item, Sage does one of two things.

1) if you'd previously watching a tv program, Sage will immediately exit out of the DVD and go back to the channel you were previously watching.

2) if you weren't watching anything, Sage will just sit there and do nothing.

Does anyone else have this problem? I hadn't upgraded since 6.7 I beleive so I can't tell if this problem was exisiting in any previous versions. Let me know if you need any more info.

And thanks again for all your hard work flashcar.
Yes, I can confirm the bug! See a few posts back of mine. 6.9b is not doing it, but 6.10 is!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Yes, I can confirm the bug! See a few posts back of mine. 6.9b is not doing it, but 6.10 is!
I also have the dvd plaing issue. This is using SageTV Client. I have uninstalled client, reinstalled from scratch, etc., have yet to apply SageMC again. I think I will hold off based on this, unless someone can confirm that theirs is working.

B

BTW - The wife was REALLY mad

Last edited by bcjenkins; 09-01-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

1068-888=180

Wow, that's a lot of posts for Dirk to read when he gets back!

We may need to put a summary together for him at some point.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I also have the dvd plaing issue. This is using SageTV Client. I have uninstalled client, reinstalled from scratch, etc., have yet to apply SageMC again. I think I will hold off based on this, unless someone can confirm that theirs is working.

B

6.9b DVD navigation is fine for me.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Sounds like you are not using flachbar's latest build. Go to the first post and follow the link to the download. Once installed make sure you select the .xml file as the stv and not the .stv file, which is the old version. Browse back thru the posts to see how you can tell what version of SageMC you are using.
Is this a recent addition. I just downloaded both sageMC and the Additions maybe 2 weeks ago.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Is this a recent addition. I just downloaded both sageMC and the Additions maybe 2 weeks ago.
The diskbar was just added in version 6.10. This was released last friday (1 week ago). If you go to your settings menu, the SageMC version should be listed. You probably have v6.9b.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Disk Bar rules.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
6.10 has broken DVD menu navigation for me (off a hard drive video_ts folder, but I am not sure about an actual disc) . When you are in a DVD root menu, and select something like play, or hit the select button on the remote while hovering on play, Sage jumps to the last other media type you have been playing and starts to play that. So, if the last thing you have done is listen to music, then when you select to play from the DVD root menu, suddenly the screen jumps to your music area, and starts playing the last playlist. DOH!

Also, I am not sure if it happens in 6.10, but at least in 6.9, I have this issue:
If you are listening to a playlist, or a music queue.
While listening to that you are in some other screen, like guide search results, or in pictures.
Then when the next song comes, the song changes, but then also the screen you are on jumps to some other selection, as if the next song coming in the queue also sent you to the next thing in your current screen.

Can someone confirm if that also is happening in 6.10 because I have already reverted to 6.9b due to the DVD navigation issue I already reported.
Im seeing this as well. I have Video_TS folders set up as well on the hard drive. When I use The Play Button to Play it will go back to Live Tv for me. But if I use the mouse and click on what I want to play for the DVD it works fine. So I think it has to do with the Play button on the remote.

Technazz
Old 09-01-2006, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Could someone please verify whether or not you can see any genre icons (originals or mine, doesn't matter) under 'My Videos' in v6.10? Kirby and I both cannot get them to show up on installs using v6.10. On my htpc they do show up using v6.9b. I'm still at work and I won't be able to get around to checking this for at least a few more hours. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Could someone please verify whether or not you can see any genre icons (originals or mine, doesn't matter) under 'My Videos' in v6.10? Kirby and I both cannot get them to show up on installs using v6.10. On my htpc they do show up using v6.9b. I'm still at work and I won't be able to get around to checking this for at least a few more hours. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
I see the original ActionAdveture, Comedy, Drama and Horror icons and the rest are folders in 6.10. This is viewing both by folders and list. I haven't tried yours yet.

Gerry

EDIT: These are the only ones I see with your set too. I use DVD Profiler for DVD info. Might that have something to do with matching up to the Genre category names?
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 09-01-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, thanks. Guess I'll have to go looking for another scapegoat.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
MeinMaui,

They work fine under my 6.10. There are some missing (were just not created yet), like Documentary, etc., but those are the minor things in life right now. But yeah, they do seem to work just fine under My Videos for me.
I forgot about that one. There isn't a complete list of genres that I am aware of, so I'm sure there are several that I missed. I'll add Documentary to my ToDo list. If you find any others, please post them to my Graphics for SageMC thread and I'll get to them. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-02-2006, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Quote:

B

I posted this before I thought. Go to your Sage 16x9 options in Details Settings and change Previous Channel option fro Prev Chl to Channel Entry. That will fix your issue. I think the default should be changed to this to avoid this issue. Having Select be the Previous Channel commans causes issues unless you're aware of it being set that way.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Sage User

I'm trying to get other media players to work and have followed mldude's directions below but when I hit play on a recorded show it just either doesn't play at all or uses the sage player depending which PLAY button I use. Has thisd procedure been updated lately? I'm trying to use Zoom Player.

Some users prefer to use other media players instead of the internal SageTV player. Sometimes it is because SageTV does not play the video type the user is trying to play (for example, Quicktime .mov files). You can configure SageMC to use an external media player as seen by the steps below:

Close SageTV to edit the properties file. Open the correct properties file - sage.properties for SageTV not running in service mode, and sageclient.properties for SageTV running in service mode.
Add or edit the following properties:
Required:

mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=true This tells SageMC to use an external media player when you select a ripped DVD or play a DVD disc from SageMC.

mlbdude/use_external_media_player=true This tells SageMC to use an external media player when you select a non DVD video file from the SageMC videos.

mlbdude/use_external_sleep_first=true This tells SageMC to put Sage to Sleep before launching the external player. When the player is closed SageMC will come out of Sleep automatically. If set to false, the external player will be opened on top of SageTV.

Optional:

'mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*' Configure this property to limit SageMC to only use the external non-DVD media player to specific file types. By default it is configured as '*'. This means all files. You can add specific extensions to that to limit it to those extensions. Only files of that type will then use the external media player. Here is mine as an example: "mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg". Please note, these are case sensitive. For example, Quicktime movies from Kodak cameras tend to be saved as ".MOV", not ".mov".

Configure the external player .cmd files included in your "STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE" folder. Note that SageMC will pass in the path to the selected video as the %1 parameter to either of the below .cmd files.
For the external DVD player edit the dvd_player.cmd file.
For the external non-DVD media player edit the media_player.cmd file.
Example: "C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" /F /Q /PLAY /CLOSE %1 This will open Zoom Player (already installed on the computer) in Full Screen Mode, automatically play the file, and automatically close the Zoom Player after the file has played. You can modify as seen here:[http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/parameters.shtml link]
Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Found a Bug?

I think I may have found a bug, can anyone confirm?

In Settings -> Setup Tuners -> Haupauge... -> Color Calibration -

The adjustment screen comes up (this is an awesome feature as my sources seemed very dark on this build and I was able to adjust them). The problem is that I have no indicator to indicate focus of the curser - I'm flying blind! I play with arrow keys and the enter/select key to make the adjustments that are needed, and it does adjust correctly, but I just can't tell where I am. Perhaps I'm just missing a .png file, but I've tried hard to make this a pretty straight install.

So, am I alone, or do others have this?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.

Last edited by Ted@TNT; 09-02-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

I would do most setup work with the default STV. There are a lot of menu's that just plain don't work with the SageMC STV, because they aren't themed or something.

This last build, I set everything up that I could, from the default STV (tuners, channels, etc).
Old 09-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I'm pouring through the hardware forums right now, and don't want to pull this off-topic, but do you know where I'd find help for a persistant broken tuner #2? I have four capure cards, and it doesn't matter where I put them, #2 gets no signal even though the source is fine. Ideas? Search terms?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC and Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW

Anyone know how do you get the Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW to work under SageMC 16x9.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Sage User

I'll ask a different way

Guy's I'm having a little trouble figuring this Sage TV 5.04 thing out. I'd like to use SageMC and I want to use Zoom Player as my media/dvd player. I want ZP to play my TV recordings too. So, based on that what should I download from this site? I'm a little confused by the base build and the the add on and then there's flachbar's updates.

Also when I do install what I THINK is the right files (downloads) I can't seem to find flachbar's SageMC 16 by something XML file to load in Sage's Advance screen....why?? I could spend days trying to figure this out. Actually I have already and now I'm tired and need some direction. I've used Meedio for the last few years so this is all new to me. I don't know about any other newbs but this one finds the directions in this Customization forum confusing and out of date, so many different versions and some go with this version of Sage and some go with this one...ect. Now if you've been following this for some time then I'm sure it makes sense to you but I'm ready to through the towel in and Buy a Sony HD DVR.

If someone could help me get this setup I would appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I posted this before I thought. Go to your Sage 16x9 options in Details Settings and change Previous Channel option fro Prev Chl to Channel Entry. That will fix your issue. I think the default should be changed to this to avoid this issue. Having Select be the Previous Channel commans causes issues unless you're aware of it being set that way.

Gerry
Worked perfectly.

Thanks

B
Closed Thread