SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
we are certainly getting closer here to better conflict management.
now the icons show up on each main page... problem is it's always red.

In the main (severely handicapped ) SageTV stv, you always had the ability to clear the conflicts and get a green checkmark. Currently, if a conflict exists, SageTV cannot any longer be told it is OK anymore. Is there any way to add that back in to the add-on? Previously, I could also say yes to "ok not to record" and it also (just like saying yes to one show over another) would change the red to green.

This original ability was truely a remarkable design IMHO. While I found it a tad confusing at first, it didn't really come into play until I had alot to record. By then I was willing to understand. I used it like a red light=STOP/green light=GO. Red exclaimation mark meant "Conflicts need a resolution". Green check meant "conflicts have either been resolved OR they are OK as they exist". Currently green light would mean that conflicts have been completely resolved and do not exist. This hardly ever happens for us, therefore; even though we have gone through the conflicts, I can't ever get a green light anymore as I can with the otherwise handicapped main stv.
I second this request and slight frustration.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
I've noticed that the properties seem to have been divided between sage.properties and sageclient.properties. Does one file have precedence over the other and should I copy all the proerties from one file to the other. Great work guys!
Depends on how you are using SageTV. Are you using service mode? If not, then only sage.properties gets used by the main (or only) computer. If running clients, then they will use the sageclient.properties file. If running service mode, then the service uses sage.properties, and the GUI on that same machine uses sageclient.properties.

I use a program called ExamDiff (free file difference tool) to compare my sage.properties to my sageclient.properties. I try and basically keep them the same, at least, as far as enabling and disabling go, keeping DVD positions and what not is not really needed. The nice thing about that tool, is if that is all you use it for, it remembers the last two files it looked at...
Old 05-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Depends on how you are using SageTV. Are you using service mode? If not, then only sage.properties gets used by the main (or only) computer. If running clients, then they will use the sageclient.properties file. If running service mode, then the service uses sage.properties, and the GUI on that same machine uses sageclient.properties.

I use a program called ExamDiff (free file difference tool) to compare my sage.properties to my sageclient.properties. I try and basically keep them the same, at least, as far as enabling and disabling go, keeping DVD positions and what not is not really needed. The nice thing about that tool, is if that is all you use it for, it remembers the last two files it looked at...
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Appreciate it, takes away some of my confusion.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

Not a problem. It took me a while to sort out my confusion as well. Basically, before I started using SageTV as a service, I just copied my sage.properties, and renamed the copy to sageclient.properties.

Once in a while, I go compare them again with that utility, because sometimes they get out of sync.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 6.3 posted

I just uploaded Version 6.3 with the following new features:

1. Settings menu

I added a new 'Settings' menu which allows to view and change all addon feature settings within SageMC, so no need to dig into the property file any more. The new menu has also an (almost empty) subscreen for the standard SageMC settings, I will try to include those settings too at some point in the future (geogeckos list will be quite helpful). I couldnt find a good place for the new menu, so I added it to 'Detailed Setup/Advanced' as the last item. If you use 'My Menu', you can also link to the internal screen 'SageMC Options'.

I also modified the somehow obsolete setting names (they all are now saved with "sagemc/..."), so I would recommend to exit Sage after the install and remove all "plugins/df/sagemc/*" settings from the property file just to clean it up.

2. Larger video preview window

Added an option to show a larger video preview window (default=disabled). To make the best out of the available real estate, I had to remove the green pane behind the video window (for selection). You can configure the larger window only for the Guide or for all menu screens

3. Series premieres filter

Added a 'Series Premieres' filter to the schedule filter button (default=disabled). This will show a list of all upcoming series premieres as in the secret extra V5 UI features

4. Updating Title Search

Added ability to choose an alternative 'Title Search' page (also used for adding series by title) which updates the search results on the fly (default=enabled)

Download here

Enjoy,
Dirk
Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Sage Icon

Hey. Really nice features, especially the properties integration. Is there any way to have the selection pane on the larger preview window, without showing it? It will not allow you to select the preview window to go back to what you were watching.

Love the Premiere filter, and the search results on the fly.

Man, all nice new features.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll second that!!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes.. Good work!

Adding features and keeping it simple! I like the properties editor, it makes it easier to test and read up on the changes without searching through the several threads.

I agree I would like to be able to select the preview window as it has become a habit.

Technazz

Last edited by technazz; 06-01-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Sage User

many thanks flachbar for the premieres option!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Yes.. Good work!

Adding features and keeping it simple! I like the properties editor, it makes it easier to test and read up on the changes without searching through the several threads.
Technazz
No kidding, plus, you don't have to wait until a show is done recording, so that you can close Sage down, and edit the properties file!

Very nice.

Did I say how much I liked the premieres option?

and a
Old 06-01-2006, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
No kidding, plus, you don't have to wait until a show is done recording, so that you can close Sage down, and edit the properties file!

Very nice.

Did I say how much I liked the premieres option?

and a
Nice to hear ..
Old 06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

1st and foremost thank you very much. SageMC has become so much better so quickly!

The settings menu is so very nice! Can the show encoder setting be added?

It is confusing the wife when she sees the blue circle 1, she thinks that means it is a 1st run. I turned it off in the properties file before I upgraded, but it is back. I can do it that way again though.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
1st and foremost thank you very much. SageMC has become so much better so quickly!

It is confusing the wife when she sees the blue circle 1, she thinks that means it is a 1st run. I turned it off in the properties file before I upgraded, but it is back. I can do it that way again though.
Didnt notice, must have missed this one ... Will post an update tonight.

And of course, you could always change the encoder icons, maybe showing A,B,C instead of 1,2,3 ...
Old 06-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

cool thanks. I only have one encoder right now , so I just need to turn it off.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I just uploaded Version 6.3 with the following new features:

Enjoy,
Dirk
Very nice. Finally got round to trying this instead of my modified version.
A few more tweaks and it will be perfect.

FYI I think you can fix the wrapping of the program info on the recorded TV screen as follows.
1. Change the properties of the text by unticking "Shrink to fit"
2. Fix the hieght of the episode panel (0.55 seems to work for me)
3. Remove the substring(...) statements that limit the size of the episode description. (or set desc_corr_4x3 to a big -ve value)

PS Can you add the mlbdude/guide_black_text to the SageMCE settings section?
Oh and an option to get rid of the channel numbers on the guide woudl be nice as well. I never use tham so they just take up space that coudl be used by the channel name.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm, I just checked, and the Encoder icons setting is already in there, the second item from the top ... Or is it not ?

Dirk
Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hmm, I just checked, and the Encoder icons setting is already in there, the second item from the top ... Or is it not ?

Dirk
I might have skipped it, I'll check.

Sorry, my fault it is there. I actually overlooked the whole 1st bunch of options somehow. I blame it on being late and a screaming 10 week old.

Last edited by kricker; 06-01-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know if this could be done with the add on or not, but I wish the commercial skip in SageMC worked like the comskip stvi does. When you press the custom 4 button to jump back to the start of a break comskip is disabled for something like 12 seconds. This is great if part of the show was incorrectly marked as a commercial. You can watch the part of the show that was mismarked with one press of a button.

SageMC doesn't temporarily disable the skipping. So when you try to jump back it automatically jumps forward again. You have to open the menu and disable autoskipping, jump back, and then re-enable it once you've finished watching the incorrectly marked part of the show.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
...I blame it on being late and a screaming 10 week old.

Thank god mine are quite a bit oolder now! Look at it this way... When they get old enough to get out of diapers... you get a defacto pay raise!

-Jason
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I don't know if this could be done with the add on or not, but I wish the commercial skip in SageMC worked like the comskip stvi does. When you press the custom 4 button to jump back to the start of a break comskip is disabled for something like 12 seconds. This is great if part of the show was incorrectly marked as a commercial. You can watch the part of the show that was mismarked with one press of a button.

SageMC doesn't temporarily disable the skipping. So when you try to jump back it automatically jumps forward again. You have to open the menu and disable autoskipping, jump back, and then re-enable it once you've finished watching the incorrectly marked part of the show.
If I remember correctly, the source that mlbdude used, was based off of the 'older' versions of the comskip data. I am not sure how hard it would be, but using the import as a source to import the newer code would work... I am referring to using Studio to replace the code as opposed to 'imprting' the stvi.

-Jason
Closed Thread