SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Video images

You know, I could have sworn that at one time, I ran the IMDB lookup manually for all my videos, downloaded all the cover art and descriptions for all my videos, and saved them...it looked real pretty! Then they disippeared...

Edit:
Sheesh...I swear...sometimes I can be sooo dumb.... my system crashed last night when playing wirh dirmon and in the process disconnected my external drives (where the cover art is stored)....so guess what.... reinitialized the drives and voila...life is good again...

Anyways, I am running the webradio and movietimes plugins and if I install the new 6.11 I lose those 2 plugins... how would I go about getting them back? By just installing them again or? (and would I lose my configuration files to those plugins??)

Lastly, seeing how the newer versions of MC only accept .xml files... how do I go about reinstalling the movietimes when it is only a stvi file? (To originally get it working I downloaded an MC uploaded by Kricker.... why does life treat me so??

JD

Last edited by JDizzy; 09-11-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Well, sigh... There used to be one or two other screens in SageMC where RIGHT would select, and I got complaints that the SageMC navigation behavior was not consistent (which was somehow a legitimate point). So I'm not quite sure about this, it would probably require to change list selection globally in SageMC ...

Dirk
Umm....That sounds painful. Don't worry about it then unless you are in depserate need of features for a future release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-11-2006, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
You know, I could have sworn that at one time, I ran the IMDB lookup manually for all my videos, downloaded all the cover art and descriptions for all my videos, and saved them...it looked real pretty!

But now (after 6.10a) the description is still there but all the cover art is gone.
Did you at any point run DVD profiler update, or changed the titles ? There was an old bug in SageMC which deleted the IMDB info, but this has been fixed in 6.10 ...

Quote:
If I manually run the IMDB again for a video, I get the cover art again, I then save it and as soon as the screen clears....it is gone again??
That's strange, this should definetly work. I just tried it here again without problems. You are talking about the Video Library (My Videos), right ?

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Did you at any point run DVD profiler update, or changed the titles ? There was an old bug in SageMC which deleted the IMDB info, but this has been fixed in 6.10 ...

That's strange, this should definetly work. I just tried it here again without problems. You are talking about the Video Library (My Videos), right ?

Dirk
See above edited post...
Argghhh -JD
Old 09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

But note that this will only help with the icon selection, it will not merge shows for e.g. Science Fiction and Sci-Fi into a single category. SageMC uses the Sage database core for category grouping, and the aliases are only applied after the fact ...

Dirk
Ohhh, well at least its a step in the right direction, and eases the load on Mike and his twins So I guess I will still need to edit the database with the webserver then. Unless of course you want another feature request (if its possible) to allow genre/category selection/modification from inside MC. I know, just use the webserver...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Lastly, seeing how the newer versions of MC only accept .xml files... how do I go about reinstalling the movietimes when it is only a stvi file? (To originally get it working I downloaded an MC uploaded by Kricker.... why does life treat me so??

JD
As long as the plugin is compatible with SageMC, just change the .stvi extension to .xml and import as usual.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: or you can just follow the _correct_ advice from Dirk below.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Edit:
Sheesh...I swear...sometimes I can be sooo dumb.... my system crashed last night when playing wirh dirmon and in the process disconnected my external drives (where the cover art is stored)....so guess what.... reinitialized the drives and voila...life is good again...

Quote:
Anyways, I am running the webradio and movietimes plugins and if I install the new 6.11 I lose those 2 plugins... how would I go about getting them back? By just installing them again or? (and would I lose my configuration files to those plugins??)

JD
Both plugins are available as SageMC versions:

Morgan111's port of the Web Radio plugin (own thread) and the MovieTimes plugin (zip attached to post)

I think you can simply re-import the *.xml files and keep the settings...

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Both plugins are available as SageMC versions:

Morgan111's port of the Web Radio plugin (own thread) and the MovieTimes plugin (zip attached to post)

I think you can simply re-import the *.xml files and keep the settings...

Dirk
Gracias....life has returned to normal running 6.11!

JD
Old 09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Sage Expert

inch fwd inch bkwd with mouse

I have limited remote control buttons. Ideally I have would have four fwd/back buttons in addition to left/right buttons so that I could use one for com skip and one for smaller increments. Since I only have 2, there are limited options.

I used to be able to remote into my Sage box and use the mouse on my keyboard to skip forward a longer distance for a long show. The mouse no longer has any effect. Is that something that was removed?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I used to be able to remote into my Sage box and use the mouse on my keyboard to skip forward a longer distance for a long show. The mouse no longer has any effect. Is that something that was removed?
I'm not aware that I removed any mouse listener's in this release, but I'll double-check ...

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I used to be able to remote into my Sage box and use the mouse on my keyboard to skip forward a longer distance for a long show.
Are you sure you ever did this with SageMC ? I just loaded mlbdude's 5_10 version, and even in there you can't use the mouse to do this...

Dirk
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage Expert

Details

Quote:
Are you sure you ever did this with SageMC ? I just loaded mlbdude's 5_10 version, and even in there you can't use the mouse to do this...

Dirk
Perhaps you are right. Maybe that was only available in the main STV.

Details: Is there a way to set a more thorough description and detail to come up upon pressing "info"?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is anyone else having a problem with .edl commercial skipping?

Since edl support was added, the commercial skipping enable/disable command in the popup menu has not worked: skipping is always on, even if the setting is "Disabled."

This is on 6.10. I'm going to upgrade to 6.11 tonight, but I didn't see anything in the release notes about the matter.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are your volume buttons mapped to VolumeUp/Right and VolumeDown/Left, or to VolumeUp and VolumeDown ?

You are only talking about the video screen, right ? Can you enable the Global Volume OSD setting and try it on the main menu ?

Dirk

Which menu should I check in Studio to find out which ones are mapped? I re-enabled the setting you suggested, and volume down works from Main Menu (no OSD however), up opens the My Tv side menu (showing the Live TV Recrded TV Guide, etc).... Still neither buttons work when watching video.
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage Expert

IMDB Search - episodes addition causes no information

Now that episoded data has been added to the automatic IMDB cover-art lookup, if the lookup does not find the particular episode, it shows nothing at all where before, it would show something. For instance, the show '7th Heaven' used to show a generic cover. Now if it can't find an episode, it shows nothing at all.

Nice job with the subtle arrow on IMDB lookup. That's pretty cool.
-- Snoopy
Old 09-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Sage Expert

Looks like 2 out of my 3 requests got put into 6.11. Thanks Dirk.

-Peter
Old 09-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
Is anyone else having a problem with .edl commercial skipping?

Since edl support was added, the commercial skipping enable/disable command in the popup menu has not worked: skipping is always on, even if the setting is "Disabled."

This is on 6.10. I'm going to upgrade to 6.11 tonight, but I didn't see anything in the release notes about the matter.
Go into detailed setup. I think Dirk added a setting in the Comskip setting screen to have auto comskip enable or disabled at all times, I am assuming yours is defaulted to enabled.

Miller
Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Forgive this newbie!!!

OK ... so we finally decided to customize/update Sage. I successfully downloaded and installed the SageMC customization and really like it, aesthetically.

We also want tried to install Web Radio for MC and Weather Suite. Then we realized that we needed an MC-compatible weather suite, and installed one. It's working fine, but we'll have to go through all the xml to add our location.

Web radio isn't working. I have the latest version of Java, but it's not creating its own stationlist.txt file, and even when I download one and stick it in the folder, it's not recognizing it. So, no stations are listed.

Eventually, we'd like to have a commercial-skip feature and movie times. We also want to download images for our movies. My questions are ... 1) is there a commercial skip built-in that we just haven't found/set-up yet? 2) if not, where do I get this and how do I set it up?, 3) same questions for the movie listings/times?, and finally ... 4) where do I put the movie images and how do I set that up so we can view them, rather than just a list of text?

Oh, and is there a way to make the Window bar at the top go away, or is that just the nature of SageMC (I notice it's in the screenshots, too)?

I know this is kind of rambling and unfocused. I'm hoping to solve a bunch of this stuff before my husband gets home today, and surprise him.

--Heidi

Last edited by alleghator; 09-12-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
1) is there a commercial skip built-in that we just haven't found/set-up yet? 2) if not, where do I get this and how do I set it up?
In order to do commercial skipping you need:

1 - A program to tell which recordings to process and when. The best for this is Dirmon2.

2 - You need a program to actually scan the files and detect commercials. Your choices are comskip or ShowAnalyzer.

ShowAnalyzer has a GUI and a few more features, but I've found comskip to be more accurate and stable. Both do a pretty good job and have people who swear by each of them. So which is better just depends on who you ask.

3 - You need a Sage STV that supports comskip. SageMC already has support for this so you don't have to add anything here.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
In order to do commercial skipping you need:
3 - You need a Sage STV that supports comskip. SageMC already has support for this so you don't have to add anything here.
And by this you mean, that SageMC supports Dirmon2 and the comskip software, once I've downloaded and installed them?

--Heidi
Closed Thread