SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running SageMC 6.10a on Sage 5.0.2. Using a GeForce 6150 motherboard running the latest PureVideo. Using VMR9 and Full Screen Exclusive.

I'm getting occasional crashes when pressing the stop button. Never when doing anything else with the UI (fast forward or hitting info always works). I'm not sure whether it's a Sage issue or a SageMC issue, as it might be something to do with the "Stop" screen SageMC uses and which can take a long time to appear.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Not if there is still not enough tuner space. SageMC does clear the mark if by choosing one show over the other, enough tuner space is freed up. If there is still a conflict though and tuner space is not available, choosing to always record one over another will NOT clear the mark.
I never said that there isn't a chance that conflict management in SageMC might not work correctly in certain situations. As I mentioned before I do not run into many conflicts myself, and there are far too many complicated scenarios possible than can ever be tested. I just wanted to make clear that the generalized statement "SageMC can not do this" is simply not true.

You are welcome to send me your wiz.bin and your channel/tuner setup when you run into such a situation again, and I'll check if there is something going wrong in SageMC...

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
I'm running SageMC 6.10a on Sage 5.0.2. Using a GeForce 6150 motherboard running the latest PureVideo. Using VMR9 and Full Screen Exclusive.

I'm getting occasional crashes when pressing the stop button. Never when doing anything else with the UI (fast forward or hitting info always works). I'm not sure whether it's a Sage issue or a SageMC issue, as it might be something to do with the "Stop" screen SageMC uses and which can take a long time to appear.

Anyone else experienced this?
What version of Java are you using? I kept having this issue with the latest 1.6 beta 2 release, so went back to 1.5.0_8, but some people don't seem to have problems with 1.6. I even used the snapshots, and that didn't fix the issue. 1.5.0_8 seemed to work best for me, even though it has this "memory leak" problem.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not able to get the IMDB search to work. I receive a Java error that says:

net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.DbFailureException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils/Translate

I am using the snapshot release of java (1.6.0-rc-sept). For some reason, my Sage setup continually crashes will any version of Java 1.4-1.5 that I have tried. Upgrading to the snapshot was a last ditch effort that I tried last week that actualy paid off -- I haven't had a crash since.

Is this error a problem with my setup? Or is it just something that is missing from the snapshot releases of Java? Thanks!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Exit command

I added properties "sagemc/exit_cmd" and "sagemc/exit_cmd_args" which let you specify a program and optional arguments (separated by ',') which should be invoked when you exit SageMC from the main menu.

Examples:
sagemc/exit_cmd=D\:\\tools\\nircmd\\nircmd.exe
sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin,reboot
Hi Dirk,

I implemented this feature this morning. Although since I am in LA and my system is in VA, I am hesitant to test it fully. I'll have to coordinate with my wife. I was hoping you could validate the desired result, and my syntax for the SageMC entries.

Here's what I have:
Quote:
sagemc/exit_cmd=C\:\\Program\ Files\\NirCMD\\nircmd.exe
sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin,standby
I am thinking that this will exit Sage, logoff windows, put machine into standby.

One observation though, if I ever want to just exit sage, I can't. Right?

Thanks again,

B
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
These can be found in Settings...Detailed Setup...Advanced...SageMC Options. Under Path, you'll notice the above listed property, and you can just browse to that location. (DVD Profiler Path). Your Meta Data XML path can also be set here, if you did not export that in the correct place (but it sounds like you did, if you got the text part of the meta data, but you might want to make sure).

BTW, if you ever do need to edit the property files directly, you will need to shut down SageTV completely, because SageTV has the files open while it's running (or keeps track of how the file looked the last time it opened it), and will edit OUT any changes you make while SageTV is running.
Is there a way to point this to another computer on the network? I'm running DVD Profiler on a separate machine. Or, can I just copy the collection.xml file somewhere?

Or ... alternatively ... is there a way to manually edit/create the data (from IMDB) and I can just forget the Profiler side of things altogether (the only reason I bothered with trying the Profiler data, is that it seems edit-able, if there's another way ... I'm up for it)?

I don't agree with all the genres IMDB has selected, and I'm hoping to edit them. And, I'm hoping to manually create genre data for some non-IMDB files (like home movies, educational videos, etc.).

--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
I don't agree with all the genres IMDB has selected, and I'm hoping to edit them. And, I'm hoping to manually create genre data for some non-IMDB files (like home movies, educational videos, etc.).

--Heidi
Heidi,

the next SageMC update will allow you to set any category for files in the video library.

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Heidi,

the next SageMC update will allow you to set any category for files in the video library.

Dirk

Wheee!!!!! Yeah. You guys rock. SageMC is already so superior to the original software. And it just keeps getting better!

Old 09-14-2006, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins

Here's what I have:

I am thinking that this will exit Sage, logoff windows, put machine into standby.
Looks ok to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
One observation though, if I ever want to just exit sage, I can't. Right?
Yeah, this is only possible in windowed mode. Since I am starting to use this functionality myself, I'll probably do something about it ...

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Heidi,

Dirk
When you do that, if its not too much of a pain, could you make it so you can select a top level folder and set the genre for every video below all at once? For example I select my "Lost" folder, set the genre to "Sci-Fi", and every episode of Lost gets set to "Sci-Fi".

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageDonkey
I love the 6.10 version, except, when I am watching TV and punch in a new channel number, the OSD changes to that channel number, but the TV does not. Then, when I do arrow up and down, all channels are now that number I punched in. If I channel up and down, it goes to the right channel, but still displays the one I punched in until I stop playback and go back in.

Anyone else having this problem?
I installed the skin last night, might I add, it's awesome. I was wondering why I couldn't change the channels either. Then I tried putting a 0 in front of the channels that were under 100. 011 or 004, 212 for example

Is there a way to get it so that the 0 (zero) doesn't need to be entered?
Old 09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I thought of this over on the graphics board, so forgive the double post.

But ... with all these updates it seems I'm already several versions behind (and it's only been 2 day). Would it be possible to implement some sort of auto-update? Or at least a notification in the system that a newer version is now available.

Is this even possible?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
Is there a way to point this to another computer on the network? I'm running DVD Profiler on a separate machine. Or, can I just copy the collection.xml file somewhere?

--Heidi
Actually, yes you can, that's what I'm doing. I am sharing the DVD Profiler directory on my study computer. When I export, I export the collection.xml file to the default location on the HTPC (over the network). However, the DVD Profiler Root directory needs to call out the other computer (in my case, the study computer).

In order to use UNC paths, to specify the root location, you use quad folder slashes, such as this:
////studypc//DVD Profiler

Since it is done this way, I believe you have to do it manually in the sage.properties file (with sage shut down), because the STV doesn't allow setting the path as a network location, at least, the last time I checked.

The DVD Profiler root path, tells Sage where to go pull the coverart for the videos, the rest of the information, such as cast, trivia and what not, comes from the collection.xml file.

I can provide more details if you need more help, but I'm limited to what I can look at right now from work.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I can provide more details if you need more help, but I'm limited to what I can look at right now from work.
I really appreciate your help! Once I get my genre folder icons figured out it will be time for me to actually get some work done before the kids get home. But, I'm putting updating this in my properties file on my To Do list for tomorrow morning.

Thanks again!
--Heidi
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks ok to me ...

Yeah, this is only possible in windowed mode. Since I am starting to use this functionality myself, I'll probably do something about it ...

Dirk
Maybe just make another entry called: "Exit SageTV with Style"

Thanks again for the functionality.

B
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
What version of Java are you using? I kept having this issue with the latest 1.6 beta 2 release, so went back to 1.5.0_8, but some people don't seem to have problems with 1.6. I even used the snapshots, and that didn't fix the issue. 1.5.0_8 seemed to work best for me, even though it has this "memory leak" problem.
I'm using 1.4.13 (I think) - the latest 1.4 release, anyway, as that was what seemed generally recommended.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broman
I installed the skin last night, might I add, it's awesome. I was wondering why I couldn't change the channels either. Then I tried putting a 0 in front of the channels that were under 100. 011 or 004, 212 for example

Is there a way to get it so that the 0 (zero) doesn't need to be entered?
You can either
  • set the number of channel digits (in your tuner setup) to 2, but then you are no able to change to channels > 99 any more
  • or set 'Select in OSD' to 'Channel Entry' in the SageMC options, then you just have to press 'Select' after entering the channel digits
Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I am not able to get the IMDB search to work. I receive a Java error that says:

net.sf.sageplugins.sageimdb.DbFailureException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils/Translate

I am using the snapshot release of java (1.6.0-rc-sept). For some reason, my Sage setup continually crashes will any version of Java 1.4-1.5 that I have tried. Upgrading to the snapshot was a last ditch effort that I tried last week that actualy paid off -- I haven't had a crash since.

Is this error a problem with my setup? Or is it just something that is missing from the snapshot releases of Java? Thanks!
Java 1.6.0 should be fine. Looks like you don't have the latest nielm_sageutls.jar installed ...

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Favorites(series) manager

Is there a way to add options when setting up a new series for recording? Specifically to the channel selection. If I can record a series OTA in HD or through cable on a local network, I may want to prioritize the OTA digital broadcast, but given a conflict would be happy with analog. Or sometimes shows aren't listed correctly as first runs/reruns but may be in syndication and on many additional channels. In this case I would like to tell it to record the series from a network(CBS,NBC,Fox) and not a specific channel because the analog and digital stations are double listed even though they are the same content.

I realize I can add two favorites for the same show, but it gets messy and seems simple to just expand options at this part. (maybe this isn't appropriate at the STV level), but its the fastest/easiest way to see changes implemented.

I appologize if this has been addressed before. This thread is huge and I've read pieces of it, but the search results on this forum are hard to read through.

I know this has come up in conversations before, but I thought it dealt with recording both HD/analog programs at the same time in case the OTA is intermittant. Or having a smart way of identifying the OTA signal and if it is choppy it would record the analog program as well. This is more complex and probably beyond capabilities of an STV, but certainly this functionality would be useful to anyone who watches/records in HD.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage User

channel settings

Quote:
You can either
  • set the number of channel digits (in your tuner setup) to 2, but then you are no able to change to channels > 99 any more
  • or set 'Select in OSD' to 'Channel Entry' in the SageMC options, then you just have to press 'Select' after entering the channel digits
Dirk
Select in OSD did the trick, thanks.
Closed Thread