SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
If I remember correctly, the source that mlbdude used, was based off of the 'older' versions of the comskip data. I am not sure how hard it would be, but using the import as a source to import the newer code would work... I am referring to using Studio to replace the code as opposed to 'imprting' the stvi.

-Jason
Maybe at some point in the future I will try to go through all the old comskip code in the STV, but for now I will add the 12 second break in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

Thank god mine are quite a bit oolder now! Look at it this way... When they get old enough to get out of diapers... you get a defacto pay raise!

-Jason
Yeah, but only until they start asking for allowance ...
Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm just waiting for mine to start asking for upgrades. At almost 2.5 years old he already has his own computer. (What have I done?!?!?)

I can just see it now....

Dad, I realllly need a new GeForce 9800 Ultra Extreme.....Pleeeeease.....

I need it to run the new Fully 3D animated SageMC interface that flachbar just released.

Mike
Old 06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
HA good one!
Old 06-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
Very nice. Finally got round to trying this instead of my modified version.
A few more tweaks and it will be perfect.

FYI I think you can fix the wrapping of the program info on the recorded TV screen as follows.
1. Change the properties of the text by unticking "Shrink to fit"
2. Fix the hieght of the episode panel (0.55 seems to work for me)
3. Remove the substring(...) statements that limit the size of the episode description. (or set desc_corr_4x3 to a big -ve value)

PS Can you add the mlbdude/guide_black_text to the SageMCE settings section?
Oh and an option to get rid of the channel numbers on the guide woudl be nice as well. I never use tham so they just take up space that coudl be used by the channel name.
Are you talking about the bottom program info screen on the recorded TV screen?
I am having a hard time finding the settings to this panel and in the movies screens..
I am assuming this is what you are talking about..can you provide more detailed info?
Old 06-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid
Yes thats the one.
Quote:
I am having a hard time finding the settings to this panel and in the movies screens..
Erm!
Go to that screen in Sage, then choose "UI Components" from the Debug menu in Studio. Then select each "Info" in the UI Components windows until the bit you want gets hilighted. (I found it was the first in the list) Then Right Click on it and select "Highlight Widget" (image attached showing where I ended up)
Attached Images
File Type: gif RecordedTVEpisode.GIF (36.9 KB, 377 views)
Old 06-02-2006, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am assuming this is what you are talking about..can you provide more detailed info?
You might want to hold on and save yourself the hassle, this will be incorporated into the next version (which I will probably upload tonight ...)

Dirk
Old 06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Very nice. Finally got round to trying this instead of my modified version.
A few more tweaks and it will be perfect.

FYI I think you can fix the wrapping of the program info on the recorded TV screen as follows.
1. Change the properties of the text by unticking "Shrink to fit"
2. Fix the hieght of the episode panel (0.55 seems to work for me)
3. Remove the substring(...) statements that limit the size of the episode description. (or set desc_corr_4x3 to a big -ve value)

Thanks !
Very nice, this will save me some trial and error. Though the desc_corr setting was working for me in most of the cases, there were still some shows where the wrapping occured. Your solution will eliminate the problem completely, and make the desc_setting obsolete ...

You'll get some reward ...

Dirk
Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

OT:

Wow, have you all noticed all the themes you can get for Firefox? That is just amazing. Some of them are really good.

Back OT:

I've always wondered why we (Sage) has a hard time getting people to do good themes (no offense to SageMC or others, but MediaPortal seems to have a ton of people making cool themes).

I'm glad that at least MIM is coming up with some good icons.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 6.4 can be downloaded here

Changes:

selectable preview window

I did not succeed in restoring the selectable pane behind the preview window for the bigger size, but I found an alternative in making the show title below the window selectable. Hope this suits everyone...

no more wrapping in program info

Thanks to a suggestion from pjwerdna, I fixed the wrapping issue in the program description for good. The setting desc_corr_4x3 is not needed any more

external show id

You can now display the show id with the 'info' button (or key) in the program info screen. The button works as a toggle.

comskip fix

I added the 12 second autoskip wait after skipping backwards (which is part of the new comskip code). See blade's post above for details

mimic std STV conflict behavior

First please note: this is *not* a full implemetation of the functionality which can be found in the standard STV, and I don't think it will ever be, but maybe it will be a little help for those who were asking about this in the past ...

All I added is a change of the behavior when you resolve a conflict by selecting "Record this show one time instead of the favorite ..." which will now result in a 'resolved conflict' like in the std STV, indicated by the green checkmark icon. Note that the canceled recording can *not* be found in the Conflict screen any longer, once you resolved the conflict the green icon is the only indication of the past conflict.

This additional functionality is disabled by default.

other changes

- basic configuration options (almost) complete
- added option to remove channel numbers in EPG

Dirk
Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

Everything is looking really good! I think I just found a strange interaction, though. I don't know where the problem lies, but when BobPhoenix's Favorite Channel Lists import is installed with either SageMC 6.3 and 6.4, the guide button ceases to function within the guide screen. This occurs whether or not guide toggle is enabled. The guide button works to enter the screen but then doesn't respond at all. It isn't a big deal for me, I just won't load the FCL plugin, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I'll whip up a round resolved conflict show icon as soon as I get a chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ahhhh... that's been for some time now... almost to the point that I took it for granted... kind of like diapers...

-Jason
Old 06-03-2006, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Dirk,

Everything is looking really good! I think I just found a strange interaction, though. I don't know where the problem lies, but when BobPhoenix's Favorite Channel Lists import is installed with either SageMC 6.3 and 6.4, the guide button ceases to function within the guide screen. This occurs whether or not guide toggle is enabled. The guide button works to enter the screen but then doesn't respond at all. It isn't a big deal for me, I just won't load the FCL plugin, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, I'll whip up a round resolved conflict show icon as soon as I get a chance.

Aloha,
Mike
Didn't even know that this plugin works in SageMC...

I looked through the code, and Bob and I were both messing with the same listener widget ... Was easy to fix, the guide toggle should work again if you configure the Channle List import to use the custom buttons instead of the Guide button...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip FCLforSageMCv0.9.5.zip (20.6 KB, 319 views)
Old 06-03-2006, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Didn't even know that this plugin works in SageMC...

I looked through the code, and Bob and I were both messing with the same listener widget ... Was easy to fix, the guide toggle should work again if you configure the Channle List import to use the custom buttons instead of the Guide button...

Dirk
I figured this was going to be a problem I just hadn't had time to look at the possibility yet. I will include the changes in the next version when I get feedback on how well the regular STV version works.

BobP.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've run into a couple of problems with this new SageMC setup. First, just let me preface my remarks by saying I haven't really used SageMC before due to a WAF issue (my girlfriend learned the original interface, and wasn't interested in learning the new one). But I'm probably going to force the issue now, especially with the DVD burning option available.

My first problem is the animations. They seem to run off the same event timer as some other UI code (such as the media player timer), and this causes them to act oddly. For example, I was playing a song and when I clicked on another song, the popup box grew in 1 second increments. Everytime the media player timer ticked, the box grew in size. When I wasn't playing a song, it didn't grow at all unless I started sending commands with the remote. By repeatedly sending navigation commands (up/down arrow), I could "single step" through the popup animation. I noticed this effect in a few other areas as well.

Second, the STV Import option doesn't recognize STVi files. I'm not sure if this is by design or due to this code just not being looked at. CORRECTION: It only seems to recognize XML files - STV and STVi are ignored.

Finally, the "Add to the queue" function doesn't work for me when I am playing music. For example, I had chosen to play an album, which populated the queue with that album's music. I then selected another song and chose to add it to the queue, but it never showed up there.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this version of SageMC. I've disabled the animations for now, but I know the Queue issue is going to bite me on the WAF front.

Thanks!

Last edited by src666; 06-03-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM

Navigation issues

Hello,
I have been trying to use the SageMC without much luck. I really like all the features incorporated into the package, but I seem to be having basic navigation issues. After searching for quite a while, I found the setting to turn the "left command" on. That helped a lot, but there are still pages where I just can't get out at all.

For example, I was at the screen that was the same as editing favorites in Sage and there was no way to do a "left command". Before I found the command, I couldn't get out of viewing a video.

Is there some basic setting I'm missing? If not, is there any thought of adding a back icon to the pages like in Sage?

Thank you
Old 06-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Yes thats the one.

Erm!
Go to that screen in Sage, then choose "UI Components" from the Debug menu in Studio. Then select each "Info" in the UI Components windows until the bit you want gets hilighted. (I found it was the first in the list) Then Right Click on it and select "Highlight Widget" (image attached showing where I ended up)
Thanx pjwerdna for the detailed explanation..It worked nicely

flachbar: When using SageMC 6.4 with MVP, I am not able to delete the numbers with my remote in the SageMC options: Left Menu Width....... In 6.3, I was able to delete with my remote but could not figure out how to add the decimal point..It's not on the MVP remote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi All,

Since there is at least one person out there using my icon set , I have attached a new update. I hope you like it.

I've added some new icons to the collection. There is now an Intelligent Recording showicon and a Resolved Conflict showicon (I'm not sure about the proper naming for this one), as well as a new set of Encoder Markers. I've also reworked all of the existing icons. As I learn more about working with illustrator and photoshop, the results seem to be getting better (at least I think so). So I decided to update everything so it looks consistent. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Updated the zip file to contain the proper folder structure. Just unzip into your SageTV directory, being sure to preserve the folder structure. Note that your existing icons will be overwritten, so back them up if you want to keep them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip meinmaui_SageMC_icons_v3.1.zip (71.1 KB, 314 views)

Last edited by MeInMaui; 06-04-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

I use it
Old 06-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

I've always wondered why we (Sage) has a hard time getting people to do good themes (no offense to SageMC or others, but MediaPortal seems to have a ton of people making cool themes).

I'm glad that at least MIM is coming up with some good icons.
Are there other sources available for different themes? I'm using one from MediaPortal that I like...RealMP. I like the colors/readability of the guide. Some other theme color schemes aren't for me.(old fart and all that )
Closed Thread