SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Another to add to the list. Anyone using the Caller ID plugin with MC? How does it look?
Looks and works fine. Difficult to set the options from within. So I edit the properties file with the correct settings.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
OK ... letting you know ... it was enabled already. What's up with that? Does it only happen with certain shows? Am I recording all the wrong things? I don't even see an option to manually lookup the IMDB stuff, except on a couple of movies I've recorded.

--Heidi
Heidi,

Did you ever do the "edit" in this post? I know Jason and I both got working Cover Art with that line deleted from the properties file.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Heidi,

Did you ever do the "edit" in this post? I know Jason and I both got working Cover Art with that line deleted from the properties file.
Yeah, that is the one. and that's post 1318. I don't know why, but direct post links do not always scroll to the correct post...
Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Sage Icon

What happened to the "S?"

Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What happened to the "S?"

That just means the show has been beat out. You ought to check out the "Ultra Elite Forensic Files" It's on the new WB

B
Old 09-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

LOL. Is there really a show?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk,

I don't know if this is intended or not, but I just noticed that SageMC generated .my files for all of my photos. Just thought I'd mention it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Dirk,

I don't know if this is intended or not, but I just noticed that SageMC generated .my files for all of my photos. Just thought I'd mention it.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

you mean with automatic .my file generation ?
This is certainly not intended ...

Dirk
Old 09-18-2006, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Mike,

you mean with automatic .my file generation ?
This is certainly not intended ...

Dirk
Yup.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Picture Library

Just wondering if anyone else is sharing the same experience:

I have around 4000 pictures in my library (with a lot of subfolders, since I ususally let the camera create new date folders), and I found the Sage picture library (both SageMC and default) almost unusable. It is so slow that I never even attempted to scroll through all my subfolders, it would take me a few minutes and the Sage icon is spinnig most of the time, really no fun. And this is with all thumbnails already pre-generated ...

Anyone else with a lot of pics experiencing the same, and looking forward to a revamp of this part ?

Dirk
Old 09-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I don't even have that many images and it is still to slow to even try to use.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Once all of your current files are processed you may want to run more than 1 instance of comskip at a time, especially if you're processing live TV and have multiple tuners. An hour long show can be processed in just a couple of minutes. So you can imagine how little processor power is required to scan the show in real time. If you have 4 tuners you could run 4 instances of comskip and process them as they record and by the time the show ends comskip is
How do you make it so that more than one instance of comskip is running at once? I assume it is a Dirmon thing, but have not found that option.

After you mentioned it, that does seem like a good idea.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
It does not always work correctly for every show, and sometimes, rarely, shows the wrong coverart for other shows. But, while it's trying to download the IMDB information, you should see a little down arrow over by where the coverart normally goes. This usually takes about 2-5 seconds for the coverart to show up after that, or it just goes blank.
just to add to this: if it automatically downloaded the wrong cover art, you can always do a manual lookup, choose another listing and save the correct picture (but it requires a Sage restart to show up due to the internal Sage image cache) ...

Dirk
Old 09-18-2006, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I don't even have that many images and it is still to slow to even try to use.
Ok nice to hear that others will benefit too. Be prepared for some substantial improvement ...

Dirk
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi flachbar,
Doh!

Simple solution. (to show lookup).
Off to fix right now.
thanks.

Chris
Old 09-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
just to add to this: if it automatically downloaded the wrong cover art, you can always do a manual lookup, choose another listing and save the correct picture (but it requires a Sage restart to show up due to the internal Sage image cache) ...

Dirk
I try this for "Primetime Live" and it has the art for "Primetime Glick", so I go into program info > IMDB search. I find the correct listing, but can't save the correct listing. While the IMDB data is downloading, I see the Save option on the left, but once the data has downloaded, the save option is replaced by other options.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Ok nice to hear that others will benefit too. Be prepared for some substantial improvement ...

Dirk
Lots of pictures here. Can't wait to see what you've got cooking.

A little while back I was working on controls while viewing pictures for things like rotating and deleting.... Problem was that Sage would not reload the updated pic files. Sounds like that will be possible with the new API (whenever that is!).
Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I try this for "Primetime Live" and it has the art for "Primetime Glick", so I go into program info > IMDB search. I find the correct listing, but can't save the correct listing. While the IMDB data is downloading, I see the Save option on the left, but once the data has downloaded, the save option is replaced by other options.
Is this a show with episodes ? In this case the left menu already has its maximum number of buttons, and I had to move the 'Save' button to the Episodes screen, but I also kept it available on the main screen in the Options menu (since some shows have cover art on the general screen, but on none of the episodes ...)

Dirk
Old 09-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is this a show with episodes ? In this case the left menu already has its maximum number of buttons, and I had to move the 'Save' button to the Episodes screen,
Yes, a show with episodes. I now see that the save button is in the individual episode screen.

Quote:
but I also kept it available on the main screen in the Options menu
I'm not seeing this part. In the main IMDB info screen? I can't bring up the options menu at all while looking at the IMDB info.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for pointing that out Dirk. I'll have to correct "Masterminds."