SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
FWIW - I don't know if it is related, I was having issues as well from the beginning of this week. Windows was bombing out, and my HD tuners went offline (they were suddenly unable to receive signal). I rebuilt my Sage server last night and had to do a channel scan on both tuners to get the back online. Pretty clean install now. I dropped my java back to 1.4.2_12 from 1.6.99.

BTW - To have your tuners go offline during season premier week is no fun when the wife starts missing shows!

B
No lie! This is the season where I normally get skittish about installing any updates. I'm back to running Java 1.5.0_8, because when I went to any of the 1.6 versions, I got consistant crashes.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

I had been using JRE 1.4.2_11 b06, and the crash logs from 9-14, 9-20 and 9-21 were all that version. 9-22 crash was on 1.6.0b99, and its running right now in sleep mode, the log file is growing with this line about every 5 seconds:

Code:
Thu 9/21 23:54:00.536 Received command of:NOOP from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.6,port=42024,localport=2066]
Hasnt crashed yet, but its still early.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I had been using JRE 1.4.2_11 b06, and the crash logs from 9-14, 9-20 and 9-21 were all that version. 9-22 crash was on 1.6.0b99, and its running right now in sleep mode, the log file is growing with this line about every 5 seconds:

Code:
Thu 9/21 23:54:00.536 Received command of:NOOP from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.6,port=42024,localport=2066]
Hasnt crashed yet, but its still early.
NOOP is a keep alive. Is .6 a mvp or client?

B
Old 09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Neither, its the sage server running service mode. The crashes and logs above are from a HTPC running client.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Wink FInally I get it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
It looks like you may have installed the older sagemc_169.stv file instead of the sagemc_169.xml file. If that is the case you will have to exit sage and open the sage.properties file (or sageclient.properties file if you are using the SageTV service) and do a search for '.stv'. You should find the property line that specifies what UI is loaded. Change the '.stv' to '.xml'. Then Save and exit and restart sage.

The other possibility is that maybe you have downloaded mlbdude's latest dev build instead of flachbar's? If so, go back up a few posts and follow the link in flachbar's signature. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
You hit the nail right on the head. It is working great. Thanks. BTW is there any way to control the output volume of the "MY Video" playback. It is really low and I know it's not the rips, they are fine on Power DVD. Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Just an update to my crashing post above. Been running the default STV in sleep mode for a little over 5.5 hours now, and no crash and burn..Gonna stop testing that for now so I can actually watch a little TV, but I will sleep it tonight in the default STV and see how things look in the morning.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

this is a minor bug:
When playing a DVD, if you press fastforward (the fastforward sendmessage) once, it'll go to 2x FF. If you press it again, it should go to 4x, however it does not. Instead it moves the position of the selected button in the top drop down menu. If you press it a few times, it'll move all the way to the right, and at that point it'll go to 4x, 8x, etc.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Works great on my server but it doesn't seem to be working on my client or when I play back videos off a DVD. I don't know if it matters, but I use UNC paths for my video import directories.
Hi Scott,

.my files work on my client, and I use UNC paths too. What exactly doesn't work, the info in the Video Lib, or on the OSD ?

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 08:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well thats a problem. Neither of those images is in the IMDBCache directory. In fact, there are only 2 images in there total. I wonder if this has anything to do with that line I removed from the properties file a while back (per your suggestion) to get cover art working?

Just checked the settings, and the IMDBCache directory setting is blank (so it should use the default?) and if I try to select it, it doesnt even list that directory in the SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE directory, yet in windows explorer I can view it no problem.
Hi Kirby,

forget what I said before, I was stupid and didn't notice that we were talking about imported video files, and not recorded TV shows ... The IMDB cache is only applied to the automatically downloaded TV show info, the cover art for video library files is handled as before, so the image files wouldn't be in the cache, but in the same directory as the video file. I checked the code for the OSD info display, and all it does is to ask the Sage core if a thumbnail is available, and if then display it. Both image files exist in the import directory, right ? So far I have no idea why it would display one but not the other. Maybe you can attach both to a post, and I'll try it out on my machine

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
I was wondering if there is a way in My Pictures to show just one picture on the face of the folder.
For example, I have about 10 main folders that each hold 3 or 4 subfolders. Right now they show 4 random pictures (the reason these pictures were chosen, I don't know) on the front of each. Like the folder for my neice. I just wanted one big picture of her on the front of the folder instead of 4 small ones.
Is there a way to do this?
Actually, if you have a main folder and it only contains subfolders, the current version (6.12a) will not display any images at all on the folder - only if the folder has picture files present in the root. So if you only want to have one specific pic displayed, upgrade to the latest version and put this pic as the only image into the folder. Maybe I'll add functionality to display the pic larger if only one is present in the next version

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
Using your picture as an example, I get the title of the file in one line, and then another rectangle right below the blue rectangle with the title (transparent in VRM9, black in overlay) completly blank, this file doens't have any description, it's a file I had here even before I instaled SageTV, infact, all my videos display this (those without any info by imdb).
Darn, I can't reproduce it here, and don't see anything in the code that could be causing it ...

Quote:
I mean, instead of opening a file dialog, show the hardrives in the container of the "imported videos" files, and on the left, in the menu bar, display something like - Play, Add to Queue, Show Queue, Up Directory, Cancel. The problem that I'm having is that the space is so small for the filenames, that I can't choose the correct file (20 files with the first 20 or 30 chars equal, like series episodes).
This probably requires a lot of work, so it will not be high on my priority list. Maybe I can solve your problem differently ...

Quote:
3rd sugestion - Can you make the .my files hidden??? like use the hidden attribute, so they don't show up in win explorer.
Yeah, this certainly possible...

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Sage log zipped because its 1.8MB in size, which only covers a 1 hour 10 minute span (I trimmed it to right before the point where I told Sage to sleep, as you will see in the log)

Ideas?
I'm running the latest SageMC versions 24x7 on java 1.4 and 1.6 and always put it to sleep, never had this problem. Log file doesnt tell much either

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

I can't seem to get the exit commands to work. It just launches Nircmd's gui screen. As far as I can tell my command should work, it acts like it isn't passing the cmd line completely.

Code:
sagemc/exit_cmd=C\:\\WINDOWS\\nircmd.exe
sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin
sagemc/exit_menu_name=Restart
Anything wrong here?

TIA

B

PS:

I had more, but thought I would try something simple to see if it worked.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Kirby,

forget what I said before, I was stupid and didn't notice that we were talking about imported video files, and not recorded TV shows ... The IMDB cache is only applied to the automatically downloaded TV show info, the cover art for video library files is handled as before, so the image files wouldn't be in the cache, but in the same directory as the video file. I checked the code for the OSD info display, and all it does is to ask the Sage core if a thumbnail is available, and if then display it. Both image files exist in the import directory, right ? So far I have no idea why it would display one but not the other. Maybe you can attach both to a post, and I'll try it out on my machine

Dirk
Yeah both image files exist right next to their respective TS file. I will attach them here. The only thing I can think of at this point, the 2 shows are on different hard drives, different import directories.

In fact, I just checked, all the images on one of my drive are not appearing at all in the actual playback. What would cause that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crimson Tide.jpg (6.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Lara Croft Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life.jpg (5.5 KB, 186 views)
Old 09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm running the latest SageMC versions 24x7 on java 1.4 and 1.6 and always put it to sleep, never had this problem. Log file doesnt tell much either

Dirk
Well I guess I will just try and keep an eye on it and see if I can figure something out. Never had this problem until about 3 days ago I guess. The crash on the 14th I think was unrelated, but now for 3 days in a row, it has crashed while asleep. I didnt see anything in the log that stuck out either, other than the flood of NOOP's.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk,

I can't seem to get the exit commands to work. It just launches Nircmd's gui screen. As far as I can tell my command should work, it acts like it isn't passing the cmd line completely.

Code:
sagemc/exit_cmd=C\:\\WINDOWS\\nircmd.exe
sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin
sagemc/exit_menu_name=Restart
Anything wrong here?
I just checked the nircmd docs, it seems the exitwin command actually requires at least one additional parameter (logoff/reboot/poweroff/shutdown)

So to do a log off you would have to specify

sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin,logoff

Dirk

Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just checked the nircmd docs, it seems the exitwin command actually requires at least one additional parameter (logoff/reboot/poweroff/shutdown)

So to do a log off you would have to specify

sagemc/exit_cmd_args=exitwin,logoff

Dirk

Thank you. I had that as well. I performed all updates through the gui, I am not sure if I typed something in wrong. I will try and report back.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Scott,

.my files work on my client, and I use UNC paths too. What exactly doesn't work, the info in the Video Lib, or on the OSD ?

Dirk
Apparently .my files don't work if you have "Use .my files" disabled. You should really look into that

Sorry!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you. I had that as well. I performed all updates through the gui, I am not sure if I typed something in wrong. I will try and report back.
It works! Now to see if I can make it logoff and standby..

Thanks again for implementing.

B
Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Apparently .my files don't work if you have "Use .my files" disabled. You should really look into that

Sorry!
Maybe I'll add an option to disable disabling of options ...

Dirk
Closed Thread