SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Are there other sources available for different themes? I'm using one from MediaPortal that I like...RealMP. I like the colors/readability of the guide. Some other theme color schemes aren't for me.(old fart and all that )
You can kind of make your own themes, using some intructions that mlbdude posted a while back. The layout is fixed though, so drastic changes are not possible. I'm using the Razor theme, but I cannot remember if someone uploaded it, or if I ported it from MP. I've done so many, I can't remember.

Thanks for the icon update MIM! I haven't checked them out yet, but will probably see what they look like this afternoon!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi All,

Since there is at least one person out there using my icon set , I have attached a new update. I hope you like it.

I've added some new icons to the collection. There is now an Intelligent Recording showicon and a Resolved Conflict showicon (I'm not sure about the proper naming for this one), as well as a new set of Encoder Markers. I've also reworked all of the existing icons. As I learn more about working with illustrator and photoshop, the results seem to be getting better (at least I think so). So I decided to update everything so it looks consistent. Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Just one comment about these (still haven't looked at them yet...).

But is it possible to change the path that is the default in the zip file? Personally, it's easier just knowing that I need to unzip all my addons in one folder:

/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images/ShowIcons/

That way, you just unzip everything in /SageTV/SageTV/, and you're good to go!

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Series Premier

I love the added functionality you've done with the SageMC stv. Great job and my hat goes off to you.

With that being said, , is it possible to enable the Intelligent Recording function but have it only "Intelligent Record" on the series premiers?

And what am I doing wrong? I go to my guide, hit my Hauppauge "yellow" button, a "pop-up" menu appears and I select "filter guild". The filter guide appears and on the left I have the following: First Runs, Scheduled and HDTV. On the right side are a whole slew of other show categories but none of which say "Series Premier". So, uhh, where do I find it?

EDIT: Ok, I found it. It's in the Schedule screen, not the Guide screen. Found it. It's a very cool feature.

And about the I.R. feature, why does it still record a show when I mark it as "do not like"?

AWS

Last edited by AWS; 06-04-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by geogecko

But is it possible to change the path that is the default in the zip file? Personally, it's easier just knowing that I need to unzip all my addons in one folder:
I just changed the folder structure for the icon collection so you can just unzip it directly into the SageTV directory and everything should end up in the right place. I edited my last post and updated the attached file to v3.1. I hope this makes things easier. Thanks for the suggestion geogecko.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I just changed the folder structure for the icon collection so you can just unzip it directly into the SageTV directory and everything should end up in the right place. I edited my last post and updated the attached file to v3.1. I hope this makes things easier. Thanks for the suggestion geogecko.

Aloha,
Mike
How about a link to the latest in your sig file and/or the downloads section? Thanks for the great work!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
My first problem is the animations. They seem to run off the same event timer as some other UI code (such as the media player timer), and this causes them to act oddly. For example, I was playing a song and when I clicked on another song, the popup box grew in 1 second increments. Everytime the media player timer ticked, the box grew in size. When I wasn't playing a song, it didn't grow at all unless I started sending commands with the remote. By repeatedly sending navigation commands (up/down arrow), I could "single step" through the popup animation. I noticed this effect in a few other areas as well.
Sorry, but probably not much I can do about. I am not using the animations, and have no clue how this stuff works ... I might have a quick look at it, but I guess you'll have to wait for this until mlbdude is back in development ...

Quote:
Second, the STV Import option doesn't recognize STVi files. I'm not sure if this is by design or due to this code just not being looked at. CORRECTION: It only seems to recognize XML files - STV and STVi are ignored.
Actually, this is *by design* ... mlbdude decided to prevent users from 'screwing up' because SageMC is so different that almost all STVi's are not compatible. You can always 'force' to load a STVi by renaming it to *.xml, but as I said in most cases the import will not work ... There is no need to load *.STV files any more, this used to be the extension for full STV files, but now *.xml is the standard in SageTV

Quote:
Finally, the "Add to the queue" function doesn't work for me when I am playing music. For example, I had chosen to play an album, which populated the queue with that album's music. I then selected another song and chose to add it to the queue, but it never showed up there.
Again sorry, but I do not use Sage for playing music, so I can't comment on this one. But I would think that queueing up songs is such a basic functionality that this should have been reported earlier if it didn't work in general, maybe someone else who is using the music library can chime in here ?

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid

flachbar: When using SageMC 6.4 with MVP, I am not able to delete the numbers with my remote in the SageMC options: Left Menu Width....... In 6.3, I was able to delete with my remote but could not figure out how to add the decimal point..It's not on the MVP remote
Yeah, right now those edit boxes aren't really designed for input via remote, a more sophisticated input dialog (including input of characters and special characters) would be needed ... For now, you'd need to use a keyboard for those, but I'll try to add at least the 'delete' functionality back in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
I love the added functionality you've done with the SageMC stv. Great job and my hat goes off to you.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
With that being said, , is it possible to enable the Intelligent Recording function but have it only "Intelligent Record" on the series premiers?
Sorry, this is not possible. Intelligent Recording is going on deep in the Sage core, SageMC does not have any control over it. Something like this would need to be added to the Sage core functionality ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS

And about the I.R. feature, why does it still record a show when I mark it as "do not like"?

AWS
Hmm, again this would be a general Sage problem, not specific to SageMC. I am not using IR myself, but I've read that you sometimes have to 'train' Sage a little longer for it to exclude shows for good. Did you only mark one episode of this show as 'don't like' ? Try to bring up 'show additional airings' and mark all other airings too, maybe this will work better ...

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
You can kind of make your own themes, using some intructions that mlbdude posted a while back. The layout is fixed though, so drastic changes are not possible. I'm using the Razor theme, but I cannot remember if someone uploaded it, or if I ported it from MP. I've done so many, I can't remember.
Interesting ... Does anyone else custom themes (other than the ones included in the SageMC base download) too ? What about creating a 'theme repository' where people could offer their custom themes for other users to download ? I see that the Razor skin is available on the wiki page, maybe it is possible to put some more there ?

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Second, the STV Import option doesn't recognize STVi files. I'm not sure if this is by design or due to this code just not being looked at. CORRECTION: It only seems to recognize XML files - STV and STVi are ignored.

Actually, this is *by design* ... mlbdude decided to prevent users from 'screwing up' because SageMC is so different that almost all STVi's are not compatible. You can always 'force' to load a STVi by renaming it to *.xml, but as I said in most cases the import will not work ... There is no need to load *.STV files any more, this used to be the extension for full STV files, but now *.xml is the standard in SageTV
I have to agree wtih src666 here... STV, STVi, XML is now EXTREEMELY confusing IMHO. As far as renaming goes even, imports simply don't list even as xml files so that solution will not work; nor do they list in the main stv load section for that matter. XMLs do not show up at all in either load/import section in detailed setup once the STV has been changed to SageMC and even if you change back, they are then gone from the Main STV as well. As badly as these extensions have been screwed up by Frey Technologies, it will be VERY difficult for anyone to make this easy to figure out on the screen itself (perhaps a note on the two choices with the extensions now accepted .xml and/or .stv there in parenthesis would help?) I think for now, we should at least have the ability to SEE .xml extensions once one has converted to using SageMC and as well as continue to be able to see the same extensions you could originally in case you ever change back to the Main STV in troubleshooting. Right now I can't get XML to show as an option in SageMC in either place one could load it. This is bizzare to say the least and quite franky, it's Frey Technologies fault. Maybe it can be made less confusing.

Last edited by snoopy; 06-04-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy

How about a link to the latest in your sig file and/or the downloads section?
I've added the Show Icons and Encoder Markers to the downloads section.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. That wasn't my intention.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I've added the Show Icons and Encoder Markers to the downloads section.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. That wasn't my intention.

Aloha,
Mike
You didn't hijack the thread sir. I was thrilled to find these here. They are a fantastic addition to flachbar's work. To even be at the stage of cosmetics is amazing in and of itself. Fine work my friend... fine work!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Expert

Angry

Quote:
mimic std STV conflict behavior

First please note: this is *not* a full implemetation of the functionality which can be found in the standard STV, and I don't think it will ever be, but maybe it will be a little help for those who were asking about this in the past ...

All I added is a change of the behavior when you resolve a conflict by selecting "Record this show one time instead of the favorite ..." which will now result in a 'resolved conflict' like in the std STV, indicated by the green checkmark icon. Note that the canceled recording can *not* be found in the Conflict screen any longer, once you resolved the conflict the green icon is the only indication of the past conflict.

This additional functionality is disabled by default.
UG... Perhaps I am just not understanding? I would like to "change nothing and do not record etc..." which is usually the first option (deliberate design I imagine which is great) and have it clear the silly little conflict and give it a green check upon choosing that option. Unfortunately, this still doesn't happen. Additionally, you seem to have less choices than before. In the screen I am looking at now, if I wanted to "always record the harvey girls" OR "always record walker texas ranger" (both of which shows are listed), I do not have the ability to do either. Every show listed in a particular view as shown should be able to be managed as 'always' or 'once' from the same view. I've included a screenshot of this one in particular to outline what I mean. Sorry to be such a pest. I just loved the ability to clear conflicts when they existed and would love to have that ability back without loosing the other amazing features of this amazing STV!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg conflict management woes.JPG (52.7 KB, 238 views)
Old 06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
XMLs do not show up at all in either load/import section in detailed setup once the STV has been changed to SageMC and even if you change back, they are then gone from the Main STV as well.
I agree that it might be confusing that SageMC does not allow to select *.stvi imports any more (I will modify the menu text in the next version), but what you said above is simply not true.

SageMC does show *.xml files, for both options 'Select STV Application Package' and 'Import Application Package', in fact that is the only extension it recognizes. And once you select the standard STV (SageTV3.xml) to revert back to the standard GUI, both standard options (*.xml for STV and *.stvi for STVi) are available again.

It is a different story if you loaded the old SageMC version SageMC169.stv - then it will only allow you to select other files with *.stv. But this is *not* SageMC specific, the same thing happens if you load the old standard STV SagetTV3.stv, then even the standard one will only allow you to select other *.stv files.

Bottom line is - you should *not* load old STV packages with the ending *.stv, they are obsolete - in SageMC as well as in standard Sage, unless you know what you are doing...

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Interesting ... Does anyone else custom themes (other than the ones included in the SageMC base download) too ? What about creating a 'theme repository' where people could offer their custom themes for other users to download ? I see that the Razor skin is available on the wiki page, maybe it is possible to put some more there ?

Dirk
This is fairly easy to do, but there are some "issues." First, if all the theme pictures are not replaced with the new theme, you get kind of a mixed theme, so you have to improvise a bit. Secondly, you can't really move things around (I'm not sure how they do it in MP, allow others to move items around in the UI, but somehow they are doing it). So, porting a MP theme to SageMC does not look anywhere near the same, you just have to do it, and see how it turns out.

I think I did a couple, and then someone did the Razor one, but that's about it.

I wouldn't mind doing a couple more, if I can find some good ones at MP.

I will be out all next week, so if you don't see any replies, that is why!

Old 06-04-2006, 07:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
UG... Perhaps I am just not understanding? I would like to "change nothing and do not record etc..." which is usually the first option (deliberate design I imagine which is great) and have it clear the silly little conflict and give it a green check upon choosing that option. Unfortunately, this still doesn't happen.
Yes, I thought about that. The functionality I added to the 'override this time .." options informs SageTV that the user has confirmed the overriding to allow for the 'resolved conflict' to appear. The first option could be changed to do the same, to confirm to SageTV that it is ok to not record the current *conflict* recording. I hesitated to do this because I thought this first option is sort of a 'back' button to get out of the screen without changing anything. But if it would be general consensus to change this behavior, then I could add this too ...

Quote:
Additionally, you seem to have less choices than before. In the screen I am looking at now, if I wanted to "always record the harvey girls" OR "always record walker texas ranger" (both of which shows are listed), I do not have the ability to do either. Every show listed in a particular view as shown should be able to be managed as 'always' or 'once' from the same view.
I know what you mean, but you dont have less choices now, these choices have never been in SageMC (you might think of the standard STV). SageMC has always only offered to override the scheduled recording with the current conflicting one, and never vice-versa. It might be possible to add this, but that would probably the last thing I'd change for the conflict behavior - as I said before, it's *not* my goal to model the design of the standard STV ...

Dirk
Old 06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Expert

XMLs do not show up at all in either load/import section in detailed setup once the STV has been changed to SageMC and even if you change back, they are then gone from the Main STV as well.
Quote:
I agree that it might be confusing that SageMC does not allow to select *.stvi imports any more (I will modify the menu text in the next version), but what you said above is simply not true.

SageMC does show *.xml files, for both options 'Select STV Application Package' and 'Import Application Package', in fact that is the only extension it recognizes. And once you select the standard STV (SageTV3.xml) to revert back to the standard GUI, both standard options (*.xml for STV and *.stvi for STVi) are available again.

It is a different story if you loaded the old SageMC version SageMC169.stv - then it will only allow you to select other files with *.stv. But this is *not* SageMC specific, the same thing happens if you load the old standard STV SagetTV3.stv, then even the standard one will only allow you to select other *.stv files.

Bottom line is - you should *not* load old STV packages with the ending *.stv, they are obsolete - in SageMC as well as in standard Sage, unless you know what you are doing...
Dirk
Thanks for setting me straight on that. You are absolutely right! XML is all you see from the option to which I am pointing as it should be. Maybe smaller text here will make it easier to make clear on the screen what is happening. Thank you also for the "bottom line" remark. That helps alot.

My suggestion to the attached graphic would go as follows with smaller fonts just the right hand side of the attached screen:
  • SageTV application package (.XML-prefered format, .STV-obsolete format)
  • SageTV application package Import (.STV-allowed format, .STVi-suppressed format)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stv stvi xml confusion.JPG (93.7 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by snoopy; 06-04-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, I thought about that. The functionality I added to the 'override this time .." options informs SageTV that the user has confirmed the overriding to allow for the 'resolved conflict' to appear. The first option could be changed to do the same, to confirm to SageTV that it is ok to not record the current *conflict* recording. I hesitated to do this because I thought this first option is sort of a 'back' button to get out of the screen without changing anything.
Certainly, and thanks for taking this on! It seems to me that whether it clears the conflict or not, if you are interested in just going back, choosing the first option does that anyway. Why not just have it put meinmaui's little cleared check (nice JOB BTW meinmaui) there also as it still does not affect function. I do love it being the first option which it has been per your design from the start. Just give me the option of ending up with a green check upon its selection and I'll continue to be one happy camper with this GREAT STV.
Quote:
I know what you mean, but you dont have less choices now, these choices have never been in SageMC (you might think of the standard STV). SageMC has always only offered to override the scheduled recording with the current conflicting one, and never vice-versa. It might be possible to add this, but that would probably the last thing I'd change for the conflict behavior - as I said before, it's *not* my goal to model the design of the standard STV ...
I can certainly understand that. Your interface is not a mimic of the main STV. I don't think you run that risk at all. This is leaps and bounds beyond that!

Last edited by snoopy; 06-04-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Expert

New movie, premiers, specials option feature request

I remember the special guide menus by someone?? and at one point my wife and I had them really fine tuned whereby one could group by, movies, premiers, specials, or ALL (important one), etc, and sort by several views in order we chose (ie. genre, star rating, first air date, premier date (in the case of movies ie. before 1945, after 2003)etc. More options than what he had of course were available and could have been added I suppose. My hat is off to you on the Movie screen because you seem to have already started in that general direction. SageMC's format just cries out for such a tool. Do you know what that special guide was? Maybe I can figure out how to add that in. Even better maybe it could be built into SageMC down the road and 'super-organize' even more options.
I get so EXCITED when I think about the possibilities of all the hard work someone else could do.

My suggestions are even getting on my own nerves now.
Keep up the great work
Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Sage Expert

feature request: 'add recording' by channel and/or time

The wife would like to have an option to 'add recording' by channel and/or time-slot. When you select a show in the guide, perhaps extend that function to there in a simple option to allow recording of the same channel/time-slot each week/day/month. That was part of the main STV as well at least to some extent and I know you did not want to mimic that. Rest assured that you are far from doing that
Closed Thread