SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Nope, sorry, any new features accessible through the UI will not magically show up ...
But someday?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, lots of good stuff in there

Shall I quit my job now ?
Seriously, I'm sure most of the nice new features will eventually find their way into SageMC, it will just take a while, considering that I wanted to slow down the development a bit anyway. Team effort might speed things up, we'll see once the beta has 'settled in'... There will be a new SageMC version coming soon with a few nice goodies, but it won't include any of the new 6.0 stuff yet.

Btw, I wasn't too disappointed about the (same old) v6.0 UI interface. Looks like we still have the nicest and slickest UI around

Dirk
I'm actually part way though adding the in-place compression to SageMC, but my own implimentation, not Sage's. So if somone does start adding it, could you make sure to add it in such a way that it could be disabled via the preference file.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

google video integration would be neat to see added......
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
google video integration would be neat to see added......
Yep, this will definitely be the first thing ...

Dirk
Old 10-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yep, this will definitely be the first thing ...

Dirk
Dirk-

Just as a note...

SageTV can play most of the files from *most* of the video sites out there... In addition, it can play most of the audio files as well...

SageTVPlayer (actually mplayer in disguise... ) can play most audio/video streams that are passed to it... The google video implementation within the stock stv shows the RSS functionality of getting lists of files, and then parsing the embedded data (video files...), but you can extend that to include other sources... The WebRadio plugin uses a 'source' of a txt file with audio stream sources as its data...

See this example for an audio stream source...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=259

Having the SageTV core parse a video file stream source (url/mms/shoutcast stream, etc) would/should enable the MVP functionality and do away with the need for a seperate plugin (ala the WebRadio plugin... Sorry aperry/Morgan... ) and would add video integration as well.

-Jason
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

Just as a note...

SageTV can play most of the files from *most* of the video sites out there... In addition, it can play most of the audio files as well...

SageTVPlayer (actually mplayer in disguise... ) can play most audio/video streams that are passed to it... The google video implementation within the stock stv shows the RSS functionality of getting lists of files, and then parsing the embedded data (video files...), but you can extend that to include other sources... The WebRadio plugin uses a 'source' of a txt file with audio stream sources as its data...

See this example for an audio stream source...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=259

Having the SageTV core parse a video file stream source (url/mms/shoutcast stream, etc) would/should enable the MVP functionality and do away with the need for a seperate plugin (ala the WebRadio plugin... Sorry aperry/Morgan... ) and would add video integration as well.

-Jason
So sage is using its stock media player for some types and mplayer for others?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
So sage is using its stock media player for some types and mplayer for others?
What is 'stock...'

-Jason
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

so its using mplayer for everything? And has been, or is this new in v6?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
so its using mplayer for everything? And has been, or is this new in v6?
mplayer can play most everything on the planet

Quote:
with the exception of WindowsMediaVideo9 and WindowsMediaAudioLossless.
and now... SageTV can too!

-Jason
Old 10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

ok, you could have just said its new in v6
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
mplayer can play most everything on the planet

and now... SageTV can too!

-Jason
Ok, that's just plain awesome

Old 10-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

It's new in version 6.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

But it isnt playing H264 HD material wrapped in a TS.. And mplayer will.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Why no love for WMA lossless??? So I have to convert all of my files???
Old 10-03-2006, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
But it isnt playing H264 HD material wrapped in a TS.. And mplayer will.
It looks like they are still using the old media player (v5 and below) for .mpg and .ts, but everything else gets piped though mplayer; I'd submit that as a bug.

Also, i'm just curious, what source is giving you h.264 wrapped in .ts files?

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-03-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Nextcom R5000 units for Dish Network. They wrap everything out as a TS file, even captured inside of Sage (I think). The only way Nextcom could fix it would be to have them write out a .MP4 file (for instance) for H264 video streams, but then thats probably not an easy task for their software to discern the stream type and adjust the file extension accordingly. Plus Sage is the one writing the file as an MPG, so who knows? I guess I will submit it as a bug. I think though that I can still get the recordings to play by manipulating the extension to something other than mpg or ts manually, which hopefully would use the mplayer app then.

I should mention though, I went to a dos window and called SageTVPlayer with the MPG file (H264 video) and it played perfectly. Does that mean anything?
Old 10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Rather than look for all the non-SageMC STV related stuff to move out of this thread, maybe I'll simply suggest that core-only related things be discussed in another thread, especially if it is beta related. If there are problems with any beta features, it would be best to discuss them in the beta forum and submit bug reports for anything that isn't working properly.

This is a rather long thread, so off topic stuff can really start to get distracting quite quickly.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, all I know is there's gonna be one happy dog ...

Thanks Bob for providing this, a lot of people will appreciate it !

Dirk
It's going to take a little longer than I thought. I'm having a few focusing issues and now that 6.0.11 is out I should copy the menus from that version since I see that FocusGained is used with a refresh possibly in multiple places and Opus probably already fixed all of them for 6.0 already. So I will not have it until the weekend most likely - opps.

BobP.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Rather than look for all the non-SageMC STV related stuff to move out of this thread, maybe I'll simply suggest that core-only related things be discussed in another thread, especially if it is beta related. If there are problems with any beta features, it would be best to discuss them in the beta forum and submit bug reports for anything that isn't working properly.

This is a rather long thread, so off topic stuff can really start to get distracting quite quickly.

- Andy
Sorry! But at least my bug report is already fixed! Just need the next build now!

On to MC talk, I'll offer my services in any way that I can. I will try and spend some time getting used to Studio and see how badly I can mess things up!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage Expert

OK... I just want to be sure before I install this latest beta. I won't get any of the new features of the beta that require a menu to access them. However, things like the new EPG stuff (ATSC EPG data), the ability to play new file formats, aspect ratio detection, watched position for imported videos, etc... should work fine??
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Closed Thread