SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Dirk.

I've been ROFLOL at some funny Google videos, and I'm sure you are aware of this, but instead of going back to the main menu after stopping a video, it would be nice to just be taken back to the list of videos I was looking at, versus having to redownload the list again...unless of course this is bound by the same "stopping" after you are finished watching a TV show...didn't think about that until now.
Yeah, you must have 'Back On Stop" disabled, otherwise it should return to the list of searched videos. Also, if you use the latest version with the smaller Google Video window, it will automatically return after playback without any additional dialog.

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundansx
flachbar,
Did you base your edl support off of my import? If so, did you run into the bug I am looking at relating to the forked autocomskip thread dying during playback (this effectively stops auto-comskipping). If so, how did you fix it? I have described what I thought the issue was due to in another thead:
Hi sundansx,

yes I used your import and integrated it with some modifications into SageMC. But I don't recall making any changes specifically for the problem you are mentioning. I have never experienced this myself, and have not yet received any report from others here in the forum either. My modifications might have fixed it, but I would need to compare the code again to see what really changed.

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
First, you need to load the SageMC_169_SageTV60beta.xml as your main STV. It should have already been placed in your STVs/SageTV3 folder just like the normal SageMC_169.xml file. No other plugins or stvi imports needed.

Then, if you want the Google menu in the main menu you can do this:

or, if you would like them to be in a sub-menu, then you can do this:
Thanks!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
This is weird, because this option has not been removed:

Yeah, now that I'm at home I see the same thing. I now understand why I was confused.

I recorded a bunch of movies from cable. It bothered me that they showed up in "MY TV" when they IMO should be in "MY VIDEOS" along with my DVDs. So I deleted the sage# from the file name (mpg and txt), and they then showed up in MY VIDEOS, with comskip. But the enable/disable comskip doesn't show up there now. I don't know if it did before or not. Comskip does work, though.

Is there a better way to do that (move from MY TV to MY VIDEOS)?

Quote:
But this is a different functionality which has been added, not moved. The enabled/disable comskip in the OSD options menu is only in effect for the current playback, and will get reset to the global setting on the next show. The show-specific settings are persistent and will get saved into a file, so that whenever you watch a show with the same title the specific setting gets applied.
Dirk
By that do you mean a series with the same title or an episode? IE if I apply it to a Seinfeld episode will it happen for all Seinfeld eps or just that particular one?
Old 10-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Dirk, I'll install the latest version. I like the windowed view.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
When I set the video options menu to background , if active nothing is shown. It only works when it is set to always. When it is set to always I hve issues with transparency. I remember reading that sagemc was not set up to work displaying video in the background, but to be displayed through the window. Is this true, and is this something that can be modified easily using studio
Yeah sorry, SageMC has a *lot* to offer to everyone, but it is not suitable for those who require

- full mouse navigation support
- background video

It simply does not fit into the design of SageMC, and there are no plans for this in the future.

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Are folks able to use the auto aspect ratio plugin and access the menu for it from a tv show? I'm only able to get the regular options menu, hence I can't configure the plugin by show. I canonly use it from the detailed setup menu and that one does not let you choose the show....any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Hi Dirk

3) In the music section, “view by artist” also organize including the composer tag. The result is that you two many artists. Ex Joe cocker who has newer written a song him self is now listed 20 times.

rtengvad
I have the same issue. In the origional (sagetv stv), all artists are only listed once. In sageMC (most recent) some artists are listed multiple times as noted above. Kinda strange, I never had this problem in sageMC until I upgraded to v6 today.

Thanks, this keeps getting better!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi rtengvad,

did you check if all the above works with the default STV ?

Dirk
Hi Dirk
2) and 3) works with the default stv.
Regarding 1) ver 6.0 seem to have a problem as well with the 2x 4x 8x 16x forward-rewind command. But the fast forward - rewind (Mine is set to 10 second intervals) function works.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
Are folks able to use the auto aspect ratio plugin and access the menu for it from a tv show? I'm only able to get the regular options menu, hence I can't configure the plugin by show. I canonly use it from the detailed setup menu and that one does not let you choose the show....any thoughts?
I have the same problem. It seemed to start with 6.12 for me.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 10-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I recently installed a fresh copy of Sage and SageMC using the installer for SageMC. I've got a bug where none of the shows appear in the schedule list (both recordings and conflicts).

When I go to the standard STV it works just fine, in fact in SageMC it says "5 conflicts" at the bottom of the screen but doesn't show any of them. I've click on the "group" and "filter" button but no matter what I do SageMC doesn't show anything in the list.

I am using SageMC on another machine (different server) that works just fine, this is the first time I've used the installer. I even tried to manually download the latest dev build to but nothing has changed. Can somone point me in the right direction here? I'm not sure what else to do because this works on the standard sage but not MC. I know I have this working on another system and it's just fine.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5
I recently installed a fresh copy of Sage and SageMC using the installer for SageMC. I've got a bug where none of the shows appear in the schedule list (both recordings and conflicts).
Same thing happened to me in version 5.... I let it sit and in about 2 hour all the recording schedule, etc all filled in...
JD
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah sorry, SageMC has a *lot* to offer to everyone, but it is not suitable for those who require

- full mouse navigation support
- background video

It simply does not fit into the design of SageMC, and there are no plans for this in the future.

Dirk
Dirk,
I can live with that. Sagemc is great. I have been using it for quite a while now. I have been playing around with the default stv in V6, and after a few days, switched right back to sagemc. Thanks for all the work you do to it.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj

Also found a couple bugs with the sleep timer and anti-favorites plugins.

The selector icon in the sleep timer doesn't move when selecting a time, but it does seem to work if you count the movements.

The anti-favorites options screen doesn't work, and when I access the anti-favorites screen, I can only access the log and trigger a scan, but can't "Add New", it just locks up.
Both plugins have been updated.

Dirk
Old 10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj
Dirk,
I can live with that. Sagemc is great. I have been using it for quite a while now. I have been playing around with the default stv in V6, and after a few days, switched right back to sagemc. Thanks for all the work you do to it.
This is nice to hear

Dirk
Old 10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Sage Expert

v6 Beta, MC 6.13a

I'm unable to change the name for the Custom3 menu. Don't know if this has been a problem before upgrading to v6/6.13 as I haven't tried to change it in a while, but I wanted to add in Google Videos as Custom3. In the SageMC settings, I can get to the "type in the name" screen but nothing is entered into the text field, whether I use the remote or keyboard. No changes are made to the name once I go back and look at it either. I can change the screen that's linked to (to the new Google screen for instance) without a problem.

I think some stuff changed recently with regards to text entry screens, right? Any chance this could have been a casualty?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
v6 Beta, MC 6.13a

I'm unable to change the name for the Custom3 menu. Don't know if this has been a problem before upgrading to v6/6.13 as I haven't tried to change it in a while, but I wanted to add in Google Videos as Custom3. In the SageMC settings, I can get to the "type in the name" screen but nothing is entered into the text field, whether I use the remote or keyboard. No changes are made to the name once I go back and look at it either. I can change the screen that's linked to (to the new Google screen for instance) without a problem.

I think some stuff changed recently with regards to text entry screens, right? Any chance this could have been a casualty?
Hi popechild,

are you sure you are running 6.13 ? This was a bug in 6.10, and it has been fixed in 6.11. I just tried it here in 6.13a, and it works fine for me.

Dirk
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hi popechild,

are you sure you are running 6.13 ? This was a bug in 6.10, and it has been fixed in 6.11. I just tried it here in 6.13a, and it works fine for me.

Dirk
My settings screen shows "SageMC STV Version: 6.13a - SageTV60 Beta".

I've been on 6.9c since it came out, and am just now upgrading to 6.13a at the same time as I'm upgrading to v6 Beta. Anything else I can do here to help figure out what the issue is?

While I'm here, there are also a few other things I don't fully understand that have been implemented recently (some newer than 6.9c, some that I just haven't played with before):

1. .my files. To be honest I don't even really know what these do. I've never done any recompressing of files before (which I've gotten the impression these are sometimes used for), but I do plan to trying to use the new transcoding built into v6 to see if I can stream mp4 versions of all my hdtv shows over my network. Basically though, what would I use .my files for?

2. imdb pics for tv shows. Sort of a two-part question.
a. I'm not sure if I've got the JAR stuff extracted to the wrong place or soemthing (where do all the .class files in the "sagemc" folder from the new "sagemc.zip" file go? Also the META-INF stuff? Right now they're in SageTV/JARs/sagemc (class files) and SageTV/JARs/META-INF, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is why I haven't been able to see any imdb pics showing up for any of my tv shows.
b. The new auto-icon generation thing - this is just for Imported Videos, right? I'm looking forward to trying this out, but I can't enter the show name (or anything else for that matter) as the show's category since I can't enter any info into any text fields (looks like it's not just the Custom menu labels for me). When I DO get to test this, do I need to remove any folder.jpg images or do the auto-icons automatically replace these? Or am I completely misunderstanding what these auto-icons are even for?

EDIT: Oh, and would any of my problems be because I'm still on Java 1.5? Or is that fine.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
1. .my files. To be honest I don't even really know what these do. I've never done any recompressing of files before (which I've gotten the impression these are sometimes used for), but I do plan to trying to use the new transcoding built into v6 to see if I can stream mp4 versions of all my hdtv shows over my network. Basically though, what would I use .my files for?
.my files is an alternative way to display show metadata information on the program info screen and has not directly to do with compression. You can create a .my file (or let SageMC create one for you), and the show info contained will be displayed in the Program Info menu. This is useful if e.g. you are recompressing your TV shows (which will then end up in the Video Library) and don't want to lose the show information, or if you can't get any meta data for imported videos via IMDB lookup or DVD profiler import.

Quote:
2. imdb pics for tv shows. Sort of a two-part question.
a. I'm not sure if I've got the JAR stuff extracted to the wrong place or soemthing (where do all the .class files in the "sagemc" folder from the new "sagemc.zip" file go? Also the META-INF stuff? Right now they're in SageTV/JARs/sagemc (class files) and SageTV/JARs/META-INF, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is wrong. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is why I haven't been able to see any imdb pics showing up for any of my tv shows.

b. The new auto-icon generation thing - this is just for Imported Videos, right? I'm looking forward to trying this out, but I can't enter the show name (or anything else for that matter) as the show's category since I can't enter any info into any text fields (looks like it's not just the Custom menu labels for me).
It looks like *this* is the problem for all your issues ... You don't have to extract the JAR files contained in the zip themselves, they have to be extracted into the JARs folder. So you should have sagemc.jar and nielm_sageimdb.jar in the JARs directory. If you extract the class files, the java code will not be picked up by Sage.

Quote:
When I DO get to test this, do I need to remove any folder.jpg images or do the auto-icons automatically replace these? Or am I completely misunderstanding what these auto-icons are even for?
It is useful for TV shows in the Video Library that contain multiple episodes, for which SageMC automatically generates a new Genre icon based on the downloaded IMDB cover art (see previous posts in this thread for a more detailed description). If the IMDB pic can be found in the cache, it will take precedence over any existing folder.jpg

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and would any of my problems be because I'm still on Java 1.5? Or is that fine.
That shouldnt matter, although right now it is not recommended to run 1.5 because of the handle issue.

Dirk
Old 10-08-2006, 08:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom

I recorded a bunch of movies from cable. It bothered me that they showed up in "MY TV" when they IMO should be in "MY VIDEOS" along with my DVDs. So I deleted the sage# from the file name (mpg and txt), and they then showed up in MY VIDEOS, with comskip. But the enable/disable comskip doesn't show up there now. I don't know if it did before or not. Comskip does work, though.
Yeah, the auto-comskip option is not enabled if it is a file from the video library. But true, if comksip even works with those files I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be available ...

Quote:
By that do you mean a series with the same title or an episode? IE if I apply it to a Seinfeld episode will it happen for all Seinfeld eps or just that particular one?
Yes, for all episodes with the same title (which will be "Seinfeld")

Dirk
Closed Thread