SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
When watching a google video, if you manually select to watch it full screen, is there a way to swap back to the smaller screen while the video's playing?
Well, since there is no left-hand menu on the OSD screen, you cant go back with "Left", but if you have a button mapped to "Back", you can return to the smaller screen without interruption

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
So its working now, but I wonder what else isnt
Why do you have to be so pessimistic ...

Dirk
Old 10-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Why do you have to be so pessimistic ...

Dirk
Oh I didnt mean from your fault in coding, I meant from my HTPC that seems to be on a month long PMS trip...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So did you try to rename the sagemc.zip yet ? I bet this is the issue ...

Dirk
Yes, was doing the viewing from place shifter. I use SageMC as the STV for PS clients too. I am beginning to wonder if PS clients can't do UNC paths for EDL files?

B
Old 10-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Ok, blame me, but at least it is somehow funny ...

The Options menu in the STV the import is linking to was named "AssModes", and I must have changed it (wonder why ? ) to 'AspectModes', which now causes the import to fail.

I will revert that change and upload a fixed STV version tonight.

Dirk
Thank you!!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Henk,

are you saying that not only the scheduled recordings dont show up in the list, but they dont even get scheduled to record ? What happens if you use the default STV ? I would strongly recommend to open an official support request, since SageMC should not affect the scheduling (which is entirely done by the core) in any way ...

Dirk
Hi Dirk,

I (or others actually...) have found the problem. This problem has something to do with Stephane's XMLTV importer. At the moment it is not communicating properly with V6 beta. Stephane and Sagetv are working on it for the next beta. So, like you already mentioned, it has nothing to do with the stv.

Thanks for all your help. I'm sorry to have wasted a lot of time thinking it was an stv problem.

Henk
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The standard lookahead for scheduling favorite recordings is 3 days. You can change this up to 14 days in the properties file. This thread has the details for changing it.
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk
--everything is working now regarding IMDB lookup. switched the .zip to a .jar and all set. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 10-11-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Yes, was doing the viewing from place shifter. I use SageMC as the STV for PS clients too. I am beginning to wonder if PS clients can't do UNC paths for EDL files?

B
No, comskip with EDL on UNC paths works fine for me in PS.

You restarted the server after that, right ? All PS code is executed on the server, which means that the renamed JAR file will only be picked up after a server restart ...

Dirk
Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

I seem to be having an issue with the v6 beta of SageMC for some reason over my mvp I cannot seem to use my right and left arrows. they are locked to the volume up and down. So when I go to My Media and go to load a dvd, I cannot arrow over to the right to select the one I want.

Same thing goes when I get a dvd running. The menu will load for whatever dvd is playing however I can only go up and down in the menu, not side to side. I currently have NVidia Video Decoding and Overlay set as my preferences. Any thoughts?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown
I seem to be having an issue with the v6 beta of SageMC for some reason over my mvp I cannot seem to use my right and left arrows. they are locked to the volume up and down. So when I go to My Media and go to load a dvd, I cannot arrow over to the right to select the one I want.

Same thing goes when I get a dvd running. The menu will load for whatever dvd is playing however I can only go up and down in the menu, not side to side. I currently have NVidia Video Decoding and Overlay set as my preferences. Any thoughts?
Check the SageMC Options in Detailed Setup. There is an option for Global Volume, IIRC. I'm not at home, so I can't look it up...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

Okay Dirk,
At the risk of being an annoying pesky child, I'd like to make an official feature request for an upcoming version of SageMC.

I'm sure eventually all the v6 updates will make their way into MC. I'm hoping one of the first will be the new transcoding functionality. And what would be really cool is if it went beyond the simple manual converting of the stock stv and included the capability to auto-convert shows. Ideally based on certain criteria, like convert all, convert all of a series, etc, with conversion settings configurable for each separate series/channel/whatever. Finally, if there was a way to schedule the converersions (so they all happened overnight for instance) that would be way cool. And, well, while I'm at it, I guess I can always ask for the ability to add additional switches to the conversion commands, can't I?

So that's my list, Santa...uh, I mean Dirk.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Sage Expert

Dirk,

Renaming sagemc.zip to sagemc.jar seems to have worked. Thanks!

-Peter
Old 10-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would it be possible to add watched bars to the Recent Recordings under My TV?

Currently these only show up under the Recorded TV subcategory.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Check the SageMC Options in Detailed Setup. There is an option for Global Volume, IIRC. I'm not at home, so I can't look it up...
thanks Geogecko, i'll try that when I get home!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, would this not be a cool way to view your My Videos and My Music?

http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33464#33464

I'm sure Dirk's already working on that though, right?

P.S., Check out the downloadable video to see the animation.

Last edited by geogecko; 10-11-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow, would this not be a cool way to view your My Videos and My Music?

http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33464#33464

I'm sure Dirk's already working on that though, right?

P.S., Check out the downloadable video to see the animation.
Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago. My wife asked me if I wanted a bib.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

LOL...lots of drool, huh?

Wish we could get an update on the iTV theme...
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to specify which screen SageMC goes back to after I delete a file?

My 'watchflow' is as follows:
1 - pick a recording to watch, either from the recent recordings or all recordings screens
2 - this takes me to the show detail screen, where I click play
3 - finish the show, delete it in the screen that pops up*

At this point, I am returned back to the show details screen. Can I instead specify that I want to go 'back' one further (either to the recent or all recordings screens) automagically, as opposed to having to click back one more time (which is clearly too much work ).

*Also, is it possible to change the order of the menu items that appear here? I almost always want to delete the show, so it would be nice if it were the default.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
LOL...lots of drool, huh?

Wish we could get an update on the iTV theme...
Yup.

You'll have to ask Morgan about the iTV theme. I've provided him all the graphics that he has asked for so far.

But the delay might actually be my fault. I sent him a PM a week or so ago and asked him to look into creating a CD Player import for SageMC from the WMP plugin. Based on some recent posts in that forum it looks like he is working on it. I'm thinking you may be willing to wait for the iTV theme in order to get such functionality. No?

Aloha,
Mike