SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

A few questions that I cant seem to find a way to fix... In example1.PNG, my first question is, can we get bigger down and up arrows (lower left)? Or isnt there enough room? Something larger than 16x16 would be a big help for those 1920x1080 desktops! Maybe something on the order of the playlist_up and down images which I think are about 36x36?

Also in that picture, notice the time display. Any way to get it to be compact like in example2.PNG? The only way I have ever gotten it like that is to shutdown the server and let the client keep running, which should be obvious in the picture I didnt see a setting anywhere to change this in the setup, so if I missed it, sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: png example1.PNG (261.1 KB, 328 views)
File Type: png example2.PNG (191.4 KB, 300 views)
Old 10-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

example2 time layout would be nice, would elimate some formating issues where the time and title would overlap. I see it occasionally with my SDTV, but haven't cared to bug Dirk for a fix.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
just in case anyone missed it...
Don't worry, has been noticed ...

Dirk
Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
It's already been fixed. Dirk made a config option to change the font size for TIME, which makes things work perfectly for SDTV when you change it. It's in the advanced MC options...
Ooops, my bad, I didn't explain myself completely.

What I meant was, and thought Kirby was talking about, was the 2-row time display, not that the font was smaller. I already had the font size down to 20 and still had formatting issues. I just tried 15 and there is less overlap, but some videos still do.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, that was my point, a compact 2 line display as in example2.png.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Sage Expert

I've been going through checking out the new features since upgrading from 6.9c and am digging them as always.

One question - is it possible to link the "disk bar" status to a keystroke/remote key? I love the disk bar for those times when I want a quick glance at how the disk space is holding up, but after a few days of it constantly at the top of the screen, it's starting to get a little annoying. I'd love a way to just push a button and have it pop up - either a temporary popup, or a true on/off toggle would work for me. Don't know how feasible this is...

Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hit your "Info" button on your remote (if you have a button mapped to "info") while on the main menu. If you want it to stay there all the time, there is an option (Settings...Detailed Settings...Advanced...SageMC Options...Main Look for Diskbar).
Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Sage Expert

Well would you look at that. That's what I get for skipping a few posts. I don't suppose I missed one where someone showed the steps for getting SageMC to wash the dishes did I?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

You mean you haven't read all 2000+ posts in this thread, and memorized the content?

GET READING!!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Well would you look at that. That's what I get for skipping a few posts. I don't suppose I missed one where someone showed the steps for getting SageMC to wash the dishes did I?
I think Dirk was working on that a few months back, but if I recall correctly he had some trouble with the API. Something to do with the core handling the loading and unloading of dishes. I think the dishes were cached to improve performance, but then you had to restart sage everytime you loaded new dishes....or something like that.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

okay, thanks!

i love this thread and this stv.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

showanalyzer & SageMC 6.13a

Hi all,
Ok, not sure what happened.

I had Showanalyzer alone working like a champ. I just installed it and copied the comskip proxy from Dragon Global to my SageTV directory, enabled commercial skipping in Sage and off it went.

After upgrading to SageMC 6.13a commercial skipping doesn't work.

I have the paid version of Showanalyzer and Dirmon2 installed, but never used Dirmon2. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to get this set back up?

I miss it BAD!!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
I've been going through checking out the new features since upgrading from 6.9c and am digging them as always.

One question - is it possible to link the "disk bar" status to a keystroke/remote key? I love the disk bar for those times when I want a quick glance at how the disk space is holding up, but after a few days of it constantly at the top of the screen, it's starting to get a little annoying. I'd love a way to just push a button and have it pop up - either a temporary popup, or a true on/off toggle would work for me. Don't know how feasible this is...

Thanks again!
Disable the Diskbar via the SageMC Options menu, then use the "Info" button on your remote, while in the Main Menu, and it will popup for a few seconds...

Oops, nevermind, see it was already answered...
Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can't seem to get the diskbar to show up with the option enabled, or disabled and hitting the info key on the main menu. Do I need to have the Unofficial Extras enabled in the default STV to get it to show up?

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I can't seem to get the diskbar to show up with the option enabled, or disabled and hitting the info key on the main menu. Do I need to have the Unofficial Extras enabled in the default STV to get it to show up?

Thanks.
No, you shouldn't need to do anything in the default STV.

Any chance you didn't rename the sagemc.zip to sagemc.jar? What version of MC are you running?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

That's probably the issue. I just downloaded the latest build today and i'm using the 6.0 beta.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to AtomicPenguin
When SageTV is closed and then re-opened...is it supposed to revert back to the standard SageTV interface or should it keep SageMC in place? I'm still very new to SageTV so I'm not sure what terminology to use quite yet.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

It should stay with whatever STV (user interface) you set it for. It normally will only revert back to the default UI when you install a SageTV update.

The only other time you may run into the default STV after you have already changed it to something else is when you start using SageTV in service mode. Once you start the UI on the server, the UI will launch as a pseudo-client, and will use the default UI and run a wizard setting it up.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-13-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago. My wife asked me if I wanted a bib.
If steven releases it against the old XLobby baseline it's definitly going into my skin.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
The EDL files contain info, so SA seems to be functioning. I am out of ideas.
I just stopped in to see if anyone else was having problems. Thank goodness it isn't just me.
Closed Thread