SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

low image quality

Last friday I install sagtv. everything was fine. I came back from my weekend, start back sagetv, the image was a lot pixelised. It was full of squares. I play witha all settings without success. I start wintv apps, image was very clear. After running wintv2000, I went back to sage and it was ok. Any Idea? I have hauppage usb3 pvr.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Administrator

You mean the PVR-USB2? It may have something to do with what I (and others, I believe) ran into recently, where the recording quality setting wasn't getting set correctly for the tuner, so it just used the last one that happened to be in use. I don't know if it was a change in the driver or what, but I've been working with SageTV to test a fix, so it may be part of the next update.

In the meantime, I just set it to something decent in WinTV2000 & let it continue recording at that rate.

BTW: did you play with the FM tuner recently? I think that's what set my video quality _very_ low... the entire picture looked like it was one of those pixelated videos where the person's identity was being kept secret. There was no video detail whatsoever.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

You got it. Last thing i did was listen to fm radio on friday. Is there somthing I can do, instead of reloading wintv2000 after listenning to fm radio?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

At the moment, no... but maybe when the fix is ready. I would just stay away from using the FM tuner for the moment, if that ends up setting the quality really low every time. I found it strange that the radio recording quality setting can get set, but the video quality doesn't.

Coincidentally: when I saw your post, I was just starting some recording tests using a test DLL & it seems to work. I can't send it out, since I don't know if the developer is ready to release it publicly, but I wanted to at least say that progress is being made on it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good

I have 12 more days to test sage before I buy it.

I think it still the best tv app on the market, except for slow channel changing.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

test dll is here http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll, any problem, report back.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey
test dll is here http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll, any problem, report back.

That DLL fix my problem. Thanks a lot.

I also saw that only half of the menus have been translated in French, it is no a big deal, but mayby you should know.

Thanks again.