SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Is Placeshifter Replacing SageTV Client?

I notice that Client is on the home page anymore. Is this going away and being replaced with Placeshifter? I acutally like placeshifter better, and on my local network I really can't see a difference between the two. The main advantage I see with Placeshifter is all of my STVI's and STV's don't have to be set up on the client machine.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by codacoda
I notice that Client is on the home page anymore. Is this going away and being replaced with Placeshifter?
No.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

So I cannot DL Placeshifter if I paid for Client even know they are the same? You guys changed the name and charged again for it? I still cannot even get my client to work anyhow, $30 down the drain...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd33
So I cannot DL Placeshifter if I paid for Client even know they are the same? You guys changed the name and charged again for it?
Huh? No one said they are the same. You can download the placeshifter client to try on the downloads page, which is the same place where SageTV & SageTVClient can be downloaded.

Quote:
I still cannot even get my client to work anyhow, $30 down the drain...
You can either contact tech support for help, or start a new forum topic to get suggestions from other users for whatever problem you are having.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.