SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Adjust Record Options

Hello - A few related questions here:

1. I'm wondering if there is a way to to change the default quality when watching just a particular channel? In other words, let's say I want to listen to music from cable TV. I figure there is no reason to listen to it in Great Quality when to me it will sound just as good at practically the lowest setting. But, I don't want to have to go into setup and change my default quality settings.

Also - if a show has already started and I'm about to watch it but came in late it seems like except for going into setup there is no way to change the recording quality even right when I'm about to record it before I start watching.

2. I notice if I want to record a show from the guide with a different quality setting I have to click the show to select Record options and Record the show then click the show again and select Record options and Adjust the quality.

Are there some shortcuts or options I'm missing?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone with ideas on this?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator

It looks like you've got it figured out -- you can't set a recording quality per channel, you can't change the quality setting after a recording starts, and you also know how to change the recording quality for a Manual Recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

I suppose, but it would be a nice feature to be able to set recording quality if a show has already started but I have not yet started the show myself. In other words if a show starts at say 11:00 and it is now 11:10 and I have no tuners in use and want to record the show then it would be nice to specify the quality when I'm about to watch it (without having to go into setup). I can understand why one would not be able to change quality when the tuner is already in use and encoding but if the tuner is not in use but I'm late to record the show then it would be nice (ie: music).

Thanks,
Mike