SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Recording same show on different channels

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and maybe someone can help?

I'm recording Season 3 of "24" which airs nationally on WGN and A&E. It also airs on the local ABC affilliate.

As would be typcial of a local TV station, they can't seem to start the show on time so more times than not, it's either upcut or downcut making it useless to record.

On the other hand A&E and WGN are rock solid. They seem to have a slightly different airing schedule between them and I want to pick any episodes from the two of them. Obviously, I could just do a favorite of all "24" but it would allow the unreliable local station's broadcasts to be recorded.

So, I set up TWO favorites -- one for WGN and one for AETV. They work ok except for one catch..... If I already have episode #141 that was reorded last week from WGN, if A&E airs the same episode BOTH will be recorded in Sage Recordings thereby using up disk space. When you have two favorites Sage seems to ignore and un-watched, but recorded file. If I have the episode marked as Watched, then there's no problem. Only issue here is that I'm recording all 24 episodes to watch in a row.

Is this a bug or is there a way around it?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
So, I set up TWO favorites -- one for WGN and one for AETV. They work ok except for one catch..... If I already have episode #141 that was reorded last week from WGN, if A&E airs the same episode BOTH will be recorded in Sage Recordings thereby using up disk space. When you have two favorites Sage seems to ignore an un-watched, but recorded file. If I have the episode marked as Watched, then there's no problem. Only issue here is that I'm recording all 24 episodes to watch in a row.

Is this a bug or is there a way around it?
Sounds like a bug to me, especially since that is different than the way it works with a single favorite (an episode will not record if you have already got one in your Sage recordings, watched or not). You should report it to Sage Support. As far as a workaround goes, nothing comes to mind...

Last edited by aperry; 05-17-2006 at 01:43 PM.