SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Sage Icon

SageTVService 80 megs / blips in shows

Hello - I'm not sure why this started happening but here is the situation:

I've noticed lately when watching a show there will be a 1-2 second blip once or twice in a show that might be an hour long or so. I'm not sure if this is due to my new NVidia DualTV card or if it something in SageTVService with my latest version 5. The blip is definitely in the mpg file and not a problem with the workstations.

I went to the task manager and noticed that SageTVService was taking 80 megs of RAM (I realize this may be normal) even though the program is 740K (this was when it was not recording anything also). I stopped and restarted SageTVService and it still immediately was taking 53 megs of RAM.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, it looks like this thread could be the answer to my problem (just saw it today).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18081

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Well - it looks like I still have the problem and I'm not sure what is causing it. I don't know if it is a problem with the NVidia drivers or something else. It's like the video and sound both go out for about a second or two during the show and then come right back.

Does anyone have any idea what I can check? I don't recall this at all with the Hauppauge cards so I'm thinking it might have something to do with the NVidia drivers but I hope not. Crappy quality on my WinTV 500 cards, great quality on my NVidia DualTV card with blips....how can you win? Sometimes problems get so frustrating....On another note - I heard a rumor or remember reading somewhere that Hauppauge may have sent out a bad batch of WinTV 500 cards. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what the problems with the cards were?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 05-19-2006 at 02:29 PM.