SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage User

a way to re-order channel order??

Hi guys

I use sagetv with the built in tuner of my wintv-pvr 150. it works well yet all my channels are in order of the channel tuneing number (in example first channel is 97 then 108 etc etc). ive tried giving them other numbers in the channel setup after they are tuned but it changes the frequency and then i get to rexeption. what i want is that my fav channel will be #1 and then espn #2 etc etc... is this possible with the tuner option at all?

thx alot in advance

Zeltak!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

You can change the sort order of the channels to reversed or sort by channel name as an option in the Program Guide. You could also use the Malore menu program guide from the Unsupported Extras. It gives you many filtering and sorting options or you can also install my Favorite Channel Lists plugin and setup individual lists of favorite channels to switch between. Just take your pick.

BobP.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage User

hi again and thx for the answer!

I must say i tried all of the options but couldnt succed in any. sorting by channel name dosent give me the correct order that i want to achive. i couldnt see how using the xtra feautre (which seems to work only in the default sage stv not sagemc which i use) and enabling malore menus helps me at that. the best thing so far i found was indeed the favorite channel yet i cant find a way to sort channels by the order i want to just to group them as favorites (i want all the channels, but sorted my way. another thing is that in sagemc i can only import it after i change the stvi file to stv and its all out of place there. how do you uninstall a stv? maybe ill try installing it again.
anyway thx for the help, would love to get the favorite channels to work!

best wishes

Zeltak
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

It can be done by modifying the Windows registry so you manually tell Windows which UHF frequency channel 1 represents.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...p?postid=13430
Old 05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeltak
hi again and thx for the answer!

I must say i tried all of the options but couldnt succed in any. sorting by channel name dosent give me the correct order that i want to achive. i couldnt see how using the xtra feautre (which seems to work only in the default sage stv not sagemc which i use) and enabling malore menus helps me at that. the best thing so far i found was indeed the favorite channel yet i cant find a way to sort channels by the order i want to just to group them as favorites (i want all the channels, but sorted my way. another thing is that in sagemc i can only import it after i change the stvi file to stv and its all out of place there. how do you uninstall a stv? maybe ill try installing it again.
anyway thx for the help, would love to get the favorite channels to work!

best wishes

Zeltak
I created a special import for SageMC. You need to use the "FCLforSageMCv0.9.5.xml" file as the import (assuming you download the newest version I uploaded this weekend anyway - version number would probably by v0.9 if you downloaded before Sat-night/Sun-morning). If you use that one with the latest development build you don't even need to rename it. However if you are using the release build of SageMC then yes you will need to rename it to .stv. Otherwise I would do as NIELM suggested above for the frequency. Oh also you can't uninstall an STVi file but if you were using the latest development build it creates a copy of the STV to something like SageMC169-1.xml. So just go back to an earlier number and it is no longer installed. I don't believe the release version does this however so I would just extract the SageMC169.stv file from the zip file again otherwise.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 05-22-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage User

hi again everone!

after a few days of trying to get frequnecy tuner to work i gave up on it, it just dosent work on my system for some reason. so im lett with the very nice favorite add on. for some reason (mainly i guess me being stupid ) i cant seem to find how to get only the fav channles in live tv mode. i can get them in the guide but i cant seem to find how to activate the fav mode in live tv. another quetion i have is about a way to arrange fav by a specific order, is that possible?

thx again

Zeltak
Old 05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
hi again everone!

after a few days of trying to get frequnecy tuner to work i gave up on it, it just dosent work on my system for some reason. so im lett with the very nice favorite add on.
Ok I am assuming you are talking about my Favorite Channel Lists plugin here.

Quote:
for some reason (mainly i guess me being stupid ) i cant seem to find how to get only the fav channles in live tv mode. i can get them in the guide but i cant seem to find how to activate the fav mode in live tv.
Not sure I understand this. The plugin in it's current form only affects the display in the guide menu. LiveTV only displays one channel so a favorite channel list would really not be necessary. I am implementing a change that will have an effect on the LiveTV display but that change will only restrict the possible channels to one of the lists of channels - for those wanting to restrict what their children can change the channel too with LiveTV. I expect to have this change completed in a week or two but can't give an exact ETA because I'm still researching how I might accomplish some of what is needed. If I'm way off base here then I just don't understand the problem I guess - so try to express it again. Maybe I will understand better with a second read.

Is this what you meant: You just want to be able to use the channel Up/Down to cycle the channels on one of your lists and when you reach the end it wraps around to the other end? The reason I ask is the I always use the guide to change channels myself and I just press the guide button to get to it so my Favorite Channel Lists are always available.

Quote:
another quetion i have is about a way to arrange fav by a specific order, is that possible?

thx again

Zeltak
No you can't do this specifically. You can however still use the standard guide sort options of Reverse channel number sequence or Channel Name Sequence along with the lists. I can look into this too but this sounds a little complicated to implement but let me think about it a while I might be able to come up with something.

BobP.

Edit: added italics above.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 05-24-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
You just want to be able to use the channel Up/Down to cycle the channels on one of your lists and when you reach the end it wraps around to the other end?
Hi , yeah thats exactly what i want , i usually just switch between channels with the remote up/down, even though if i had the option as you brought up to:
Quote:
No you can't do this specifically. You can however still use the standard guide sort options of Reverse channel number sequence or Channel Name Sequence along with the lists. I can look into this too but this sounds a little complicated to implement but let me think about it a while I might be able to come up with something

I would be really really greatful if you could come up with something like that and then it could be implemented with step one (switch channels).
Old 05-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

A guide re-ordering method much like re-ordering ones favorites, would be most beneficial. It could be a togglable action from the 'options' menu inside the guide screen. Toggle it on to edit, then toggle it off when you are done editing. That way it prevents inadvertant editing during normal use.

That would be a cool thing to have yes. That way I can order all those darned sports channels to the bottom of the list I don't just disable those channels, because sometimes they got Texas Holdem on! LOL.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You can change the sort order of the channels to reversed or sort by channel name as an option in the Program Guide.
I tried it today with both name and call sign sorting, and both didnt work ...in live tv i still get the normal sort, even though in the channel setup i get the sorting working, i thought it would arrange the channel order in the guide and liveTV by call sign/name now...I am using sageMC and and the internal winTV-pvr150 tuner. anyone know why it isnt working?

Zeltak
Old 05-26-2006, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried it today with both name and call sign sorting, and both didnt work ...in live tv i still get the normal sort, even though in the channel setup i get the sorting working, i thought it would arrange the channel order in the guide and liveTV by call sign/name now...I am using sageMC and and the internal winTV-pvr150 tuner. anyone know why it isnt working?

Zeltak
This sort is only for the Program Guide. In LiveTV it will always be in channel sequence order low to high if using the Channel Up/Down commands - as far as I know.

At least until I finish the changes to my plugin. I plan on implementing a custom order that will affect the LiveTV portion as well as the Program Guide. However I may not get that into the SageMC version of the plugin on the first release. I will be adding it but I want to get input on the regular plugin for the Default STV before I change the code in my SageMC version. This will not be ready until 06/03/2006 at the earliest with the SageMC version following after that - sorry.

BobP.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage User

No problem !! thx alot for the effort, ill wait very patiently

thx again BobPhoenix!!!

Zeltal
Old 05-27-2006, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a quick tease. I have this mostly working on my system just need to finish up some problems and then I can start testing this out. Once that is done I will start the long process of turning this into a plugin. I can reuse some of the existing code but these changes have caused the non-visible code sections to have some significant changes so I don't expect this to be complete until next week end or so. I made good progress on this and I might actually make my 06/03/2006 deadline - yeh!!

Here are a few screen shots. One shows what happens when you try to play a video from a channel that is not on the approved list. The 2nd shows the reordering popup menu. The third shows the new FCL setup screen. The last shows the guide menu and the reordered channels.

BobP.

Edit: Graphics removed for new post on the regular Favorite Channel Lists thread.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 06-05-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry but I'm not going to make a 06/03/2006 release. I haven't been able to spend any time this week on this. I am now shooting for a Monday release. Sorry about that.

BobP.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Sage User

hi

No Problem, take your time . i really appriciate this, it will really please the wife, so sagetv would be more accepted in the living room ;-).

thx again for your effort Bob!

best wishes

Zeltak
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I have updated my plugin to include channel re-ordering and further parental controls. Download from this post.

BobP.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Sage User

wow

amazing bob thx alot, i will wait patiently for the sageMC version

thx again for all your hard work

Zeltak