SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unable to re-install Sage Client Keys

I had a hardrive crash on my clirn machine and had to install a fresh copy of windows XP home and Sage Tv client software. the problem is I can not get it to take my existing Client license key. I purchased my license from PC Alchemy if it makes a difference.
I get and error that says my name/licensce key may be invalid, please try again. I have read evey post I could find on this and most say to create a new shortcut for Sage and add ADD "REGISTER" to it. This will bring up the registration screen but gives me the same error. I dont think its a server problem because I have disabled the server mode and re-enabled it after several reboots of both machines and I still get the same error message. So I am cluelsess. I did post a Supprot ticket on it but thought I might put it out here to see if I get any help while waiting.
P.S.
I am entering the Name and Keys exactly as they were liste in my registration email from PC Alchemy too.
Any suggestions, Thanks Dave
Seasonic S-12 380w, NEC 3520a Onboard SoundStorm S/PDIF out
WD-Caviar 120GB IDE (System) Seagate (3) Baracuda 250GB sata (Pooled)
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 05-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Administrator

You are using the client license when you do this instead of the server license, right? And the client is not running at the same time?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You are using the client license when you do this instead of the server license, right? And the client is not running at the same time?

- Andy
Yes I am using the client licence and I have tried it when first loading the trial client when the 15 day message pops up and asks to register and also by closing the app entirely and going the the new Register shortcut as pet the Faqs instructions.
I have trie rebooting the server several times too. I acts like something is incorrect in my user name or licence number but its exactly as I recieved them from Pc Alchemy. Is it possible to get a new one and disable the original ?
GF-7600gs Forceware 93.71 Nvida-Decoder V.4.02.223HDHR-Prime 3-Digital Fios ,HDhomeRun-Qam/FIOS
Clients:GA-MA78GM-S2H -AMD 4800- Sage TV Client-FireFly Remote - Amd x2 Turino LAPTOP - HD-100 + MVP Client DVR Verizon Fios/ B]
Old 05-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator

This is an older license being used w/v5 & not a v5 license trying to be used w/a pre-v5 client? v5 licenses are not backward compatible, but older licenses should still work. You may have to wait until Monday to see what support might know about it. That wait isn't critical, though, since you have full use of the client during the trial period.

In the meantime, I'm curious: do you still have a v4 client installer sitting around? If so, try installing & registering that one, then install v5 on top of it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
This is an older license being used w/v5 & not a v5 license trying to be used w/a pre-v5 client? v5 licenses are not backward compatible, but older licenses should still work. You may have to wait until Monday to see what support might know about it. That wait isn't critical, though, since you have full use of the client during the trial period.

In the meantime, I'm curious: do you still have a v4 client installer sitting around? If so, try installing & registering that one, then install v5 on top of it.

- Andy
Thats kinda what I thought.
I do not believe I ever had version 4 on my client, I think I originaly started with v5.0 and upgraded to v5.02 on top of it.
I can not find any v4 installers on my computer, so I will either just have to wait till Monday as you said unless someone can post a link to an older version. Its no big deal using the trial for a couple more days.
Thanks, Dave
Old 05-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

No responce from tech support

I have sent two separate requests for Sage Tech Support and not recieved any responce yet. I also sent an email to PC Alchemy support and they refered my back to sage support.
I think I just need an older installer for Sage Client 4.0 and then I can upgrade to 5.0 after registering. Anyone have a link to the older installers.
Dave
Old 05-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefred99
I think I just need an older installer for Sage Client 4.0 and then I can upgrade to 5.0 after registering. Anyone have a link to the older installers.
Dave
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V4_1_14Setup.exe